1 Plant DIY Recirculating DWC Test

Thats quite a nice variety of seed. I have some of those but most of my stock is dna genetics and th seeds. I worked with clones hardcore for 2 years plus nonstop so I am very happy to be playing with seed again. I ran 2 to 3 mums at a time and that was enough work and power for me but I had to let go some awesome strains because of this and kill the mum I was replacing because she was too big and rootbound to flower. This is the main reason I made this machine, to retire a mum good and proper by harvesting the last amount of power she's got and hopefully go out with a big yeild. I'll probally test this machine again with some dwc kitty litter box add ons before I ever get to flower a large mother plant and hopefully I'll find what's dropping my ph well before that.

Yesterday was day 44 in flower.
I flushed the dwc 1 hour with sledgehammer.
I did not flush the ebb.
I did a nute change on both machines setting nutes at 1000ppm and set ph at 5.9.

Pic of day 44 in flower
group
1p_dwc_gT_d44_f_003_group.JPG

The PE on the left is the weakest, this is one of the main colas.
1p_dwc_gT_d44_f_011_lt_pe.JPG

And this is the other main cola on the left.
1p_dwc_gT_d44_f_015_lt_pe.JPG

The right PE is denser with bigger nugs. The pic doesn't do her justice.
1p_dwc_gT_d44_f_026_rt_pe.JPG

Here is one of the main colas on the right.
1p_dwc_gT_d44_f_017_rt_pe.JPG

The sage is a very wide plant but the main colas are not big. She has alot of small and medium size nugs that look pretty dense. The lower laterals carry some of the biggest nugs.
1p_dwc_gT_d44_f_013_lower_sage.JPG

Random sage nug
1p_dwc_gT_d44_f_019_random_sage_bud.JPG

Here's a top view of the garden.
1p_dwc_gT_d44_f_022_top_view.JPG

Here's a pic with all three bulbs burning. The left one is plantmax metal halide, the right is a hortilux hps and the bulb upfront is a plantmax hps.
1p_dwc_gT_d44_f_027_powered_up.JPG

It is really difficult to get a good pic of the PE in the back. She is by far the biggest and densest of the PE with at least 2 main colas that are bigger than a man's fist.

Man those look awesome.. Gettingclose now. Steve, you have a lot of seeds. I have a few from barneys tangerine dream and vanilla kush but i think i wanna crack this freebie Ladyburn 1974 for my next new strain. Or maybe a super healthy looking bagseed my friend gave me. Hopefully its female. Seeds are excitingand mysterious... Sry to tangeant on your journal Mr. Smith. Keep up the great work

Man those look awesome.. Gettingclose now. Steve, you have a lot of seeds. I have a few from barneys tangerine dream and vanilla kush but i think i wanna crack this freebie Ladyburn 1974 for my next new strain. Or maybe a super healthy looking bagseed my friend gave me. Hopefully its female. Seeds are excitingand mysterious... Sry to tangeant on your journal Mr. Smith. Keep up the great work
Yeah, I think too many seeds really. I should have focused on one or two strains at a time. It will be fun to work through them all though.

Mr. Smith, that is looking quite "jungly" in there, you are going to need a machete on harvest day. I may have to pop my SAGE seeds for the next grow, yours are looking very nice.

Plants look awesome Mr. Smith. I just talked my wife into switching kitty litter brands so I can start saving up those buckets for a similar test. ;) Nice pics! I'm going to have to do some of those PE eventually. Between you and Propa, makes me really want to try it... :bong:

Warpuppy, thanks. I don't know why but I never really got into dirt grows. I have done 2 dirt runs and went back to hydro. I guess I like to complicate things, and I was a big fan of legos and lincoln logs when I was a kid.

Magic beans, your a nice guy, I like you(plutonic lol). Thank you.

Social Smoker, thank you. Love the username.

Stevehman, its a controled jungle and I own a trimmer. Its still going to be a long harvest even though its only 4 plants, I hope the numbers are good. When I have more time I like to talk more about mums and clones, its like football and a harvest is a turnover. The more turnovers a year, the more...
Stage timing is everything and managing maintenance will save time. If you already have the experience lets pool our inside tips and judgements or ideals, I have a couple years experience and my best was 9 harvests in one year.
I will send a link when I retest my vert with darkstar.

Xlr8, this journal is almost finish. My next journal will be kittylitter buckets. I have already started germing the seed, its going to be fun. 5 of the six have already popped.

Okay, Under current is a form of Deep Water Culture growing (DWC). Each individual plant site has a bubble-stone in it to keep the water in the grow bucket highly oxygenated. In addition, all the buckets are connected to one another and run back to a control bucket/reservoir. A steady current of water passes through all the buckets of water, back to the reservoir, and through the buckets again. Here's a cool video that shows one in action:

I am really excited about the next diy Xlr8.

Really looking great Mr. Smith - I can't wait to see the kitty litter buckets in action!! I have to admit, I'm really happy with the Flo N Gro so far, but I've been thinking that with a chiller, the under current system would be almost impossible to beat for a hydro system... :popcorn:

Those PE colas look great, btw!

Honestly Mr. Smith. Your grow room is the most "Intimidating" to me. Those plants are ginormous, with hps just hanging all over the place. I'm a casual body builder and i dont think i could even lift one of those if I chopped it at the base LOL. I just cant wait to see how many jars you fill with all that!

The ph drop on the dwc has finally slowed. The ebb never had a ph issue. The ebb is being flush at 10ml per gallon of florakleen and will be harvested this weekend. The last water change was just over half strengh at 600ppm and resevoir was topped off repeatedly. The sage will be flushed and harvested after the pineapple express. I have a blueberry ebb run with ak sour ready and I need this room. Sorry but I need to stay within my time restrictions so little to no bud drought is felt. The ebb run will not be recorded, nor will the aero. Only the future diy tests unless I decide to 420fied prune a aero clone grow, that might be interesting and maybe someday coir drain to waste with rreally big plants. I've seen it done and thought it was amazing except I aint running 20 1000watt bulbs like they did lol thats crazy big lol.
That la cheese freebie is some incredibly strong shit but will destroy a room with its odor after you smoke, the wife is mad because one bowl stunk the house but wow am I fucked up. I like the word fuck. Not F*** or f@#$ but straight up FUCK. Has a special ring to it.

Hehe ill say it before ill say it again: this is my facebook, especially since i dont have one. I cant wait for this process.. Theres gonna be beautiful buds for all of us 420ans (or is it 420ers?) you know what word i like? Nug. Hehe Nug. As in man that NUG made me goofy!

FUCK

lol its in purple, just kidding
goodnight folks, don't ruin your lives on facebook

Sounds like the LA Cheese was in full effect. :bongrip:

Love it! Hope you are well Mr. Smith. I'm feeling pretty fine on a mixture of Paradise Magic Bud, and Blueberry at the moment. Love the Blueberry flavor, and the Magic Bud adds to the potency a bit - makes a niccccce mix. :) :)

Back
Top Bottom