1080w LED Inferno

Irish, I am in the same boat as you with high temps and humidity. I will watch this grow real close. You have done some good work here on 420 and I hope this grow will be better than the last.

Sweet show Irish! Sorry I'm late, what can I say I'mma stoner....

I think the drip system will work great as long as you keep it as drain to waste. I dunno about makin it a recirculating system, I think might turn sour. But with just 6 plants I'd almost opt to hand water and cater to each girls individual needs.

Super lookin forward to seein' led's grow some dank herbage in 100+ degree heat. You sure you dont wanna set up a small a/c unit? lol....

ya i like hand watering when their young. but the drip is if i have to leave home for a few days or so. its a just in-case type of deal.
to me running an a/c unit will not work for my room, no windows.

Irish, I am in the same boat as you with high temps and humidity. I will watch this grow real close. You have done some good work here on 420 and I hope this grow will be better than the last.

Thanks! i will load my girls with silicon to help with heat and double the cell walls to insalate the plants. plus my plants genetics are from Afghanistan. so that should help:)

Hiya. Great convo on the heat and CO2.

I can't remember what your entire room is, but have you thought about a Swamp Cooler, or a Peltier device. Two different things, both work on the same principal. Not sure whether either would be suitable for long term, but might work for those extra hot days.

I've seen people use a swamp cooler the entire summer.

:nicethread:

Damm Irish, a brother goes to sleep and to work and the next day three more pages already! You're famous man!! I really wanted to ask you about your silica. What do you have and how is it used? I used Pyrosol in my HPS days, got it on the cheap some years ago(good shelf life) but the downfall is that you have to boil it into straight water before it's activated and is usable. It works though which is the main thing. Just wondering what you have Bro.
p.s. As for swamp coolers they work as long as your humidity is low(I think below 25%) but then they will add humidity too. But they do work. .V.

Hiya. Great convo on the heat and CO2.

I can't remember what your entire room is, but have you thought about a Swamp Cooler, or a Peltier device. Two different things, both work on the same principal. Not sure whether either would be suitable for long term, but might work for those extra hot days.

I've seen people use a swamp cooler the entire summer.

:nicethread:

ya its a sealed room no windows so that screws me. the only thing that would work is a portable A/C but i would have to make a 5" hole threw my house to vent to heat out threw the hose. since the house doest have installation all i do is fight the heat. trust me ive spent years thinking of different ways and every time their a big reaction to every idea.

never heard of a Peltier device? ill look into that and see what it is.

ya its a sealed room no windows so that screws me. the only thing that would work is a portable A/C but i would have to make a 5" hole threw my house to vent to heat out threw the hose. since the house doest have installation all i do is fight the heat. trust me ive spent years thinking of different ways and every time their a big reaction to every idea.

never heard of a Peltier device? ill look into that and see what it is.

Swamp coolers can be self contained - no hose. Also called an Evaporative Cooler. Peltier device you would likely have to make something DIY.

:cool:

Damm Irish, a brother goes to sleep and to work and the next day three more pages already! You're famous man!! I really wanted to ask you about your silica. What do you have and how is it used? I used Pyrosol in my HPS days, got it on the cheap some years ago(good shelf life) but the downfall is that you have to boil it into straight water before it's activated and is usable. It works though which is the main thing. Just wondering what you have Bro.
p.s. As for swamp coolers they work as long as your humidity is low(I think below 25%) but then they will add humidity too. But they do work. .V.

I have the Dyana-gro Pro-tekt Silica. its got the best reviews out of any one. works like a charm. so many benefits to using this stuff.

Here are some pics of what i count as day 1. 24hr in their new home. they look fine, today it was around 92F* in the room. right now its a little cooler. light is around 30"

day_1_002_600x449.jpg

day_1_003_600x449.jpg

day_1_004_600x449.jpg

day_1_006_600x449.jpg

day_1_001_600x449.jpg

And they're off...

:slide::slide::slide:
:cheer::cheer::cheer:
:bravo::bravo::bravo:

Ya so far so good. keeping a close eye on them. it will be crazy if i can pull this off in these kind of high temps. they are going to have a ruff life. this heat is just getting started, real soon it will be 100+F*. I dont expect to pull some crazy yield, i will be amazed if i can figure out how to make them live in this heat. if they do live and do good, then this will tell me a huge benefit on using leds, because theirs no way i could run my 1000w hps in this kind of heat. I believe this grow will tell us allot of good info for us that deal with temps like this. IDK whats going to happen? just trying to stay positive and hope for the best. man I hope my theory is right.lol.

If they dont make it Ill just caulk it up as a lost, and move on. it is what it is.

Nothing that's in your control will go wrong. U got this maaan!!

Peace Irish! Glad to watch yet another one ofnyour grows! They get better every time!!!

-go-

I dont remember if i said my theory on my new thread? I know ive talked about it on my last grow. but I will run it by use guys for some good talking .

My theory is that heat stress come from the Radiant heat HID throws off not from room temps. The HID Radiant heat is what drawls out all the moister from your plants and dry them out and burns them. Ive felt cool tubes in the winter time that are frosty but put your hand under it and its still hot because of the Radiant heat.

Now my thoughts or Theory if you will, is that since leds hardly put off any Radiant heat the plants can grow fine in allot higher temps. the question is whats too much? well i am about to push that envelope and see what happens.

Their has to be a good reason why friends and I can grow out door plants in this 100+F* weather for months straight and they do just fine yielding 1+lbs per plant. why can we get away from heat out doors but not in doors? is it because the radiant heat from HID is too intense for our girls? their has to be a good reason?

why did these led plants i grew last year live threw the heat no problem? the only thing that harmed them at the end was spider mites. and i had to call it a lost. the heat didnt bug them too much and the temps were 100+*F. now they stretched real good but didn't get harmed by the heat.
day_of_harvest_007_Large_Web_view.jpg

what_011_Large_Web_view.jpg

sweet you made it! glad you join this forum, ur gonna love this place! so much great info and good helpful growers. take a look around and you'll find some really kick ass grows.
Pull up a chair and kick back and enjoy the show. Very soon we are going to have some members test these leds vs HPS in some side x side action. and another top notch grower doing a 600w led grow just like my old 600w grow. so a 600w led just like mine, my 1080w led, 300w led vs 400w HID, 600w led vs 600w HID

everyone this is DonGinandTon he is a follower from a different forum that joined here to see my grow, everyone show some love to my friend, he is good peoples. bro these guys here will always help a grower in need with any questions no prob. very top notch growers here. you need anything just ask.

hey irish, thanks for the big welcome man, some real cool peeps round here! ive already learnt from the convo in the last couple of pages, im impressed with the knowledge level round here these boys know their onions!! going to try silica myself ive had some heat issues...

the led vs hid grow offs sound real interesting though im pretty much already convinced by your last grow:bravo: im switching for sure!

on with the show! i still cant quite believe youve got girls doing just fine in 33c/92f thats crazy man. i fried my girls with hps at that temp last summer.

Their has to be a good reason why friends and I can grow out door plants in this 100+F* weather for months straight and they do just fine yielding 1+lbs per plant. why can we get away from heat out doors but not in doors? is it because the radiant heat from HID is too intense for our girls? their has to be a good reason?

Outdoors, plants can send roots down into the soil where it will be cooler. They can tap into moisture and facilitate the plants' transpiration ( a LOT of it). Most days even when the air is still will still have occasional air currents which help in the transpiration process and its inherent cooling affect. While the humidity might have been high at times, even a puddle on a 99% RH day will evaporate when it becomes hot enough. And even though the CO2 content of any given volume of the outdoors is less than a like volume grow room that has CO2 supplementation, that outdoors is not separated into grow rooms - the CO2 (along with everything else in the air) is pretty stable at that level because it is being constantly refreshed. The roots of a plant that is growing in decent soil are also going to have access to O2. Also, most areas don't start at 100°F the moment the sun rises but instead take a few hours or longer to get to that temperature (but a poorly-cooled grow can jump 20°F or more in an hour) so I would expect that there would be at least some growth (sic) even on the highest peak-temperature days.

Plants seem to be better able to adjust when their green parts are warmer than their white parts. When they have adequate amounts of CO2 - either through supplementation or via constant air-exchange. When their roots are given mad supersaturated dissolved-oxygen levels via the nutrient solution. When their is enough airflow to aid in transpiration.

Higher ambient temperatures make it more important.

But you know all of that, lol, so I guess it was a rhetorical question like, "Why did the chicken cross the road?" (Because he was f'king high:grinjoint:.)

And as you mentioned, choice of strains would play an important factor. A native strain or one bred for success in like conditions can oft times be more productive (and have higher "net potency") than the ones that are merely bred for highest potential yield and potency.

hey irish, thanks for the big welcome man, some real cool peeps round here! ive already learnt from the convo in the last couple of pages, im impressed with the knowledge level round here these boys know their onions!! going to try silica myself ive had some heat issues...

the led vs hid grow offs sound real interesting though im pretty much already convinced by your last grow:bravo: im switching for sure!

on with the show! i still cant quite believe youve got girls doing just fine in 33c/92f thats crazy man. i fried my girls with hps at that temp last summer.

yes their are very smart growers on here, that know their shit. Ive learned allot of great info from this site.

their is just a learning cure i believe with leds and once you learn it i believe you can unlock some things. it just takes time and trial and err.

so far so good with the temps, we shall see how that pans out.

Back
Top Bottom