1080w LED Inferno

Don't worry bout it Irish, I have gone over 45 C with coco before. I am willing to bet these Dirty Irish Hempies (tm) will afford the same passive hydro reliability if not more so because of the hempy design. Speaking of which, if you do find heat is a problem, switching to coco might be the answer. The top dries out where the air roots are, while the bottom stays damp. This provides the insulation from radiant heat that made growing with 600+ actual watts of CFL possible in such a small space for me. Shouldn't be a problem for you and these LEDs though.

45 C, to save you conversion, is a whopping 113 F. I think I have seen close to 50 C once or twice. Those plants hermied mildly, but nothing serious at all. I had a reasonable yield too. Just keep a can of female hormone spray around if things get hairy and you don't want seeds I suppose. I will always keep mine on standby from now on despite the controversy in their use. A little spray early in flowering can't hurt too much.

so you fill my pain in the heat?lol. the good thing is i mixed it so the top will dry out faster then the mid to lower part of the bucket. since the bottom 2" is water it will stay nice and wet for the feeder roots, and the sunshine will get dry but still wick up some moister to keep the top with plenty of air but moist to cool them down. i am also running silicon to double my plants cell walls. i am ready for whatever this summer heat has. i tell the sun to bring it! (please dont sun, i am all talk..lol) the only two things that worry me about heat is root rot and airy buds from the heat. I do not expect my yields to be some crazy crazy weight, when dealing with temps like this and not CO2 you have to expect to lose some harvest weight. but no matter what ill still get someone saying something about the weight at the end even though the temps will be in the 100F+. but to be honest i dont care anymore. i am not here to prove these leds can flower good i already did that, i am here to show that some can still have hope when facing high temps like mine. Ive talked to many growers who just dont grow in the hotter months because they cant run A/C with their HID. all i care about if finding out if my theory is right or not. and i am pretty sure its right. IR is the heat stress causer, not high room temps to a certain degree.

Hello My Friend. Not about to miss this one. Love the "DI Buckets".
I love it when folks take a chance and go against the grain. Such as you're 100 degree temps. You've already shown what modern LEDs can do, so it is with confidence I pull up my seat for this fine experiment and grow! Here we go!!:cheer:

Hello My Friend. Not about to miss this one. Love the "DI Buckets".
I love it when folks take a chance and go against the grain. Such as you're 100 degree temps. You've already shown what modern LEDs can do, so it is with confidence I pull up my seat for this fine experiment and grow! Here we go!!:cheer:

Happy you can make it, this thread wouldn't be the same if you weren't on it. its not going to be fun with this heat, but i think it will be more then do able if i play it smart. no doubt in the cooler months i should pull allot more weight, but that doest mean i sure cant try when its blazing hot, I rather go out with a fight like a Champ then to just throw in the towel and not try. I just get worried because this is my very 1st hydro grow, but i know i have allot of good friends on here that will give me a friendly hand and help me out if in doubt. time to practice what i preach, keep it simple.

subbed fo sho :goodluck:

cant wait to see what you pull with 1080w man!

sweet you made it! glad you join this forum, ur gonna love this place! so much great info and good helpful growers. take a look around and you'll find some really kick ass grows.
Pull up a chair and kick back and enjoy the show. Very soon we are going to have some members test these leds vs HPS in some side x side action. and another top notch grower doing a 600w led grow just like my old 600w grow. so a 600w led just like mine, my 1080w led, 300w led vs 400w HID, 600w led vs 600w HID

everyone this is DonGinandTon he is a follower from a different forum that joined here to see my grow, everyone show some love to my friend, he is good peoples. bro these guys here will always help a grower in need with any questions no prob. very top notch growers here. you need anything just ask.

Luvin the high temp led grow! I think the plants will look a little haggard but you'll get great nugs. I'll be curious to hear the smoke report, as some say temps that high cause the plant to produce less THC.

Gonna be great stuff.

:cheer::popcorn::nicethread:

I don't know what your financial situation is my friend, but if you can come up with a couple hundred bucks i would get a CO2 tank and regulator in a heartbeat.

All of that heat is going to open up all your stomata to try to respirate and if you have higher levels of co2, not only will it increase growth rate (maybe by 25-30%), it helps the plants deal with the high temps.

you can get a regulator for $100 and a tank for the same. $200 to not only help ward off the high temps, but actually make them useful would be well worth it in my book, but hey I buy madd shit, so a couple hundred would be a no brainer for my wallet (if i had it at the time)

I use the CO2 Boost bucket kit and it just about triples the available CO2 in my 4' x 4' area, which is not a optimal 1500ppm that you'd get with an emitter system and a tank, but it's three times as good as what's in the air now. It's like 900/1000ppm or so..

You'd notice the increased growth rate if you added it to your growing area.

The CO2 Boost Bucket Kit is the perfect way to go without spending a ton of money. The Boost Bucket will make CO2 for two months. Perfect IMO for flowering in hot months.. It's only $120 and works good for the months of July and August in my neck of the woods.. You would probably need one refill bucket since it's so damn hot for so damn long were you live....lol

Wheel.... I'd use the reg/tank myself but it's not so easy to get it filled were I'm at.

If I was real GROWN UP I would use this product for sure.....The hydrogen pro water-cooled CO2 generator for a cool $400. The vid on this product says it all IMO..

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in the ring..:bong:

i though about the boost bucket too, but for $120, its not worth it to me. . . 2 buckets and you have your whole tank setup paid for. if you live near a city its easy to refill, either 1) at a welding store 2) at a restaurant depot place.

They are completely common for fountain soda machines, keg machines, and welding. . . do you have any stores near you with a fountain soda machine? ask them where they get it from, trust me it can't be that hard to find, they are too common in the food industry. mine costs $10 to fill up a 20lb tank, but $15-20 is normal too.

I think the propane generators are the cheapest to run and longest lasting, and work great, but they create heat. exactly what irish would want to avoid, thats why i didn't suggest that.

I don't know what your financial situation is my friend, but if you can come up with a couple hundred bucks i would get a CO2 tank and regulator in a heartbeat.

All of that heat is going to open up all your stomata to try to respirate and if you have higher levels of co2, not only will it increase growth rate (maybe by 25-30%), it helps the plants deal with the high temps.

you can get a regulator for $100 and a tank for the same. $200 to not only help ward off the high temps, but actually make them useful would be well worth it in my book, but hey I buy madd shit, so a couple hundred would be a no brainer for my wallet (if i had it at the time)

Trust me i want to run CO2 but i have the most shitty grow area their is, tons of air leaks. so CO2 just gets waisted big time. and i cant seal up this room, so thats the shitty thing and the only reason why i dont have CO2 in my room. those Bottles go so fast in this room. this is why i expect many others to do way better then my last harvest. trust me i am fully aware of the perks of CO2 but trust me its just a waist with my setup as of now. When i get my new spot trust me A/C and CO2 will be the 1st things i buy.

I use the CO2 Boost bucket kit and it just about triples the available CO2 in my 4' x 4' area, which is not a optimal 1500ppm that you'd get with an emitter system and a tank, but it's three times as good as what's in the air now. It's like 900/1000ppm or so..

You'd notice the increased growth rate if you added it to your growing area.

The CO2 Boost Bucket Kit is the perfect way to go without spending a ton of money. The Boost Bucket will make CO2 for two months. Perfect IMO for flowering in hot months.. It's only $120 and works good for the months of July and August in my neck of the woods.. You would probably need one refill bucket since it's so damn hot for so damn long were you live....lol

Wheel.... I'd use the reg/tank myself but it's not so easy to get it filled were I'm at.

If I was real GROWN UP I would use this product for sure.....The hydrogen pro water-cooled CO2 generator for a cool $400. The vid on this product says it all IMO..

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in the ring..:bong:

Funny, I was looking at the c02 boost bucket last night and thought it would be perfect for this grow.

My buddy used those buckets 1 time and didn't like it one bit. i felt it wasn't worth the money. maybe he had a bad one or something but i didn't work all the great.

At the end it was cheaper to run CO2 tanks.

i though about the boost bucket too, but for $120, its not worth it to me. . . 2 buckets and you have your whole tank setup paid for. if you live near a city its easy to refill, either 1) at a welding store 2) at a restaurant depot place.

They are completely common for fountain soda machines, keg machines, and welding. . . do you have any stores near you with a fountain soda machine? ask them where they get it from, trust me it can't be that hard to find, they are too common in the food industry. mine costs $10 to fill up a 20lb tank, but $15-20 is normal too.

I think the propane generators are the cheapest to run and longest lasting, and work great, but they create heat. exactly what irish would want to avoid, thats why i didn't suggest that.

I agree 100%!

I coast me around $20 to fill my tanks back in the day, i sold my whole setup once i moved to a buddy, because it was just coasting way too much waisted CO2.

Now in the winter time i am going to run me a CO2 generator, because its allot cheaper on the propain and it last longer. but only in the winter because i can use the added heat.

Sweet show Irish! Sorry I'm late, what can I say I'mma stoner....

I think the drip system will work great as long as you keep it as drain to waste. I dunno about makin it a recirculating system, I think might turn sour. But with just 6 plants I'd almost opt to hand water and cater to each girls individual needs.

Super lookin forward to seein' led's grow some dank herbage in 100+ degree heat. You sure you dont wanna set up a small a/c unit? lol....

I can never complain of my upper 90's again cause your sweltering conditions are brutal. Great that your adapting to your garden issues but yeah...people need chill time too!

Back
Top Bottom