1080w LED Inferno

Looking very nice Irish! You're rocking this grow and the pics are beautiful.:Rasta::goodjob:

Tried to rep your last update but I gotta spread it first I guess.

I don't have anything to say about your grow at this point - other than, "Lookin' GOOOOOD" (anyone remember Chico and the Man, lol?).

But I've been reading what I could on LEDs and in so doing I stumbled on some of your older grows at another site. And I quickly realized why you're here now. (And reaffirmed that I'm glad that I hang here too!) Looks like you expended a lot of effort and didn't get much "love" in return.
You obviously don't have that problem here. Thanks for being a member of 420Magazine!

I remember Chico & the man, I always wonder if todays generation knows who Freddie Prinze senior was, I caught an episode on T.V. land last month with Jay Leno doing a guest spot, that was kewl.
What a contrast 420 vs. the post yesterday in your old G.C. 600w thread.
Excellent & kudos on the P.C. response.
Regards,
John Whorfin

OK, First, let me say your plants and the whole room are lookin tits!

Now - cook those bastages! Fry 'em! Nah - just kidding.

I have tried to keep up, but I'm not sure I have. Would you mind doing a super quick summary of your cooling/vent as it stands right now. Also, any thoughts on the lights re: heat.

The gals are really looking as good as they could look. I know you thought heat was gonna be your issue, but at 81 degrees it sounds like you've got it beat. And the plants look healthy as crap!

:goodjob::hookah::morenutes::tokin::peacetwo:

thanks!
My intake is a 293cfm fan and my exhaust is the same size but on a filter so its pulling less then what coming in. these lights do put off some heat. with no fans running it will raise my room around 8F with the two lights and only a few degrees with my fans on.

for the most part my room in the mid 90's for the 1st few hours, then cools down more and the time goes by to the lower-mid 80's. sometimes it will be in the 90's the whole time, just depending on the day
ok cool cuz i dont have space for a pump and a reservoir
so ill need to have a catch for drainage?
oh man i just dawned on me, are you using just one bucket per plant with a drain hole near the bottom it?
Hemp hurd is the inside of the stalk from industrial hemp. It's like really lite wood chips almost straw like. its supposed to be porous so water and nutrients can pass through and naturally bacteria and mold resistant. so i have read. :tokin:

ps more pix soon?:cool:
yup that all i am using just one 3gal bucket per plant with a whole on the bottom, that hempy simple and effective. weird never heard of the Ind Hemp before. i dont see why it wouldn't work in that setup?
Looking very nice Irish! You're rocking this grow and the pics are beautiful.:Rasta::goodjob:

Tried to rep your last update but I gotta spread it first I guess.

thanks brother! no worries for the reps

Is that a typo?
Did you mean GHL?
Just checking,
J.W.
they all have the same housing because their made in china. its all about the nm the company use and how they aply it. even though that company has 900w or whatever its better to go with more smaller units then one big unit IMO. i am liking my two 300's over my old 600w unit. but either way with that company they can claim all they want but until i see a few growers from some trusted growers i dont care what they say. let the grow journals and pics do all the speaking. ive seen way too many company's say this and that and growers say this and that but at the end the results never make my jar drop. i mean on my last grow i got 19oz from 4 plants with the 600w unit and that was legit for me. this round should be allot better. becarful with the company's that offer a veg only light, the good lights should do all fine, i couldn't ask for a better veg light then the HGL lights and they also flower very well also.

until i see some great results from these new company's i dont even bother to pay attention to them. if these compays want to prove their products then they should send some free test lights out to trusted members.

ill change my mind when i see leds grow better plants then these from my last grow

Is that a typo?
Did you mean GHL?
Just checking,
J.W.
they all have the same housing because their made in china. its all about the nm the company use and how they aply it. even though that company has 900w or whatever its better to go with more smaller units then one big unit IMO. i am liking my two 300's over my old 600w unit. but either way with that company they can claim all they want but until i see a few growers from some trusted growers i dont care what they say. let the grow journals and pics do all the speaking. ive seen way too many company's say this and that and growers say this and that but at the end the results never make my jar drop. i mean on my last grow i got 19oz from 4 plants with the 600w unit and that was legit for me. this round should be allot better. becarful with the company's that offer a veg only light, the good lights should do all fine, i couldn't ask for a better veg light then the HGL lights and they also flower very well also.

until i see some great results from these new company's i dont even bother to pay attention to them. if these compays want to prove their products then they should send some free test lights out to trusted members.

ill change my mind when i see leds grow better plants then these from my last grow

yup that was a BIG typo.lol. i meant to say GLH

:peacetwo:As far as those new leds that were posted.I did some reading on them.There claims seem just a itty bit sarcasticly on the far fetch side.There is no doubt in my mind that they work but for how long.This tech seems to be improving as there are higher wattage diodes used.But what has me thinking with this company is they claim to be using all the top of the line leds.Well like one of each and that gives me the impression they are slapping a bunch of leds togeather that has been resailed from companys that may have had faulty lights and got a better price on recycled leds.Not sure if this makes sence but seems like refab lights to me.My self I dont believe they will last.I cant judge as I have never seen them in a grow but from the ads its kinda like common sence.
(FOR AS MUCH AS THESE LIGHTS COST I WOULD NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING UNLESS THERE IS A 90-120 DAY SATICFACTION GARONTEE OR YOU MONEY BACK)??

Thanx for the advice Irish your grow is inspiring me to try some different methods. well the cheaper style methods (the ones with out the multi-thousand dollar lighting systems lol) and to dive in to playing with nutes more. I know you love the perlite but if you ever wanna try the hemp stuff it bought it on line through hemp traders.

Greetings Irishboy and all you sport fans!

Got into the LED club July 3d with Mike's 180w and I'm impressed and blind! (Gremlin Voice...Bright Light! Bright Light!). :smokin:

DIY worked awesome, I just added 3" packing tape to cover glass. Next time I'll leave a 1" border cause I had to peel back tape to access the glue glass.

The total brightness is just amazing as it affected my judgement. I 1st eyeballed 14" distance and when I measured the next day it was only 8". I also was crowding the plants so I used a plywood to show me the core saturation.

I immediately took 4 outside ladies (2 W Widow, 2 NY-47) and started 24/0 veg cycle. When time to flower, I'll see if 2 will finish outside (should beat their outside sisters which normally be ready after Halloween) and 2 will finish with LEDs, (1 ea strain).

I've also tried cloning for the 1st time and I've learned that Mike's LEDs have the SAME affect as sunshine....so DON'T!

As far as your bloom demo, it's a shame a form letter is the knee jerk reaction when it could be a great opportunity for these companys to get the word out. After all I do own a grow light and I would never have invested without your honest, BS absent reporting. I hope Mike makes bank, (you know, reward for risk).

We all know how this thread is exploding. I started visiting PapaGreen's sub and when the 180w showed up I ONLY had to catch up on 54 pgs!

So + reps for the DIY and awesome LST grow on them 300w's. :bravo:

Now if only they would stop rearrainging the furniture while I'm visiting the LED room. :peacetwo:

Thanx for the advice Irish your grow is inspiring me to try some different methods. well the cheaper style methods (the ones with out the multi-thousand dollar lighting systems lol) and to dive in to playing with nutes more. I know you love the perlite but if you ever wanna try the hemp stuff it bought it on line through hemp traders.

Man they are looking PERFECT Irish, don't change ANYTHING. Keep up the good work. :goodjob:
thanks man! and i am glad my grows could help, any questions feel free to just ask.

i will check out that stuff some time when i want to change things up.

I bet you thought I wasn't following your grow,
I'm paying attention :hookah:
Stay cool brother,
John Whorfin

LMAO! your paying more attention then me on my own thread.

Got into the LED club July 3d with Mike's 180w and I'm impressed and blind! (Gremlin Voice...Bright Light! Bright Light!). :smokin:

DIY worked awesome, I just added 3" packing tape to cover glass. Next time I'll leave a 1" border cause I had to peel back tape to access the glue glass.

The total brightness is just amazing as it affected my judgement. I 1st eyeballed 14" distance and when I measured the next day it was only 8". I also was crowding the plants so I used a plywood to show me the core saturation.

I immediately took 4 outside ladies (2 W Widow, 2 NY-47) and started 24/0 veg cycle. When time to flower, I'll see if 2 will finish outside (should beat their outside sisters which normally be ready after Halloween) and 2 will finish with LEDs, (1 ea strain).

I've also tried cloning for the 1st time and I've learned that Mike's LEDs have the SAME affect as sunshine....so DON'T!

As far as your bloom demo, it's a shame a form letter is the knee jerk reaction when it could be a great opportunity for these companys to get the word out. After all I do own a grow light and I would never have invested without your honest, BS absent reporting. I hope Mike makes bank, (you know, reward for risk).

We all know how this thread is exploding. I started visiting PapaGreen's sub and when the 180w showed up I ONLY had to catch up on 54 pgs!

So + reps for the DIY and awesome LST grow on them 300w's. :bravo:

Now if only they would stop rearrainging the furniture while I'm visiting the LED room. :peacetwo:

very nice post! ya these things will kill your eyes at 1st then you will get use to it. my eyes dont mind it now, not that thats a good thing.

It dose suck that the nute company's didn't want to be apart of that, but its all good.

for the most part my room in the mid 90's for the 1st few hours, then cools down more and the time goes by to the lower-mid 80's. sometimes it will be in the 90's the whole time, just depending on the day

I am experiencing exactly the same thing. I notice about an 8 degree change with my two 300W lights. Some days i will run up to 101F, but most of the time it is the mid 90's. I am just hoping that heat won't impact flowering too bad. During Veg they seem to be just fine with the heat.

:morenutes:

Hehe...the one weird thing i notice is that when I walk outside after being in the room with the lights is that everything is a ting green for about 3 - 5 minutes. I agree with Irish...I am not sure that it is a good thing. I will have to do some research. :hookah:

I am experiencing exactly the same thing. I notice about an 8 degree change with my two 300W lights. Some days i will run up to 101F, but most of the time it is the mid 90's. I am just hoping that heat won't impact flowering too bad. During Veg they seem to be just fine with the heat.

:morenutes:
I am hoping for the same
Hehe...the one weird thing i notice is that when I walk outside after being in the room with the lights is that everything is a ting green for about 3 - 5 minutes. I agree with Irish...I am not sure that it is a good thing. I will have to do some research. :hookah:

you'll get use to it.lol

If your lights are bright enough that you can work under them while wearing welder's goggles... than I would suggest that you do so. Otherwise, a good pair of polarized sunglasses is probably the next best thing.

All looks Great there Irish.....

I got a ?, and I hope I am not jumping in on this tread of yours.... But My temps. are A OK but I can`t seem to get the humidity down, always around 80, 81 and I know thats not god for the flower/Bud stage...

Would ya know how I can Cheaply lower it or what to add to the nutes to help protect the high Humidity..?

btw if this is any forum of a high Jack here just don`t reply to it..Thanks

If your lights are bright enough that you can work under them while wearing welder's goggles... than I would suggest that you do so. Otherwise, a good pair of polarized sunglasses is probably the next best thing.

Oakleys I were them all the time :) awesome pics BTW Irish got to love them

I got a ?, and I hope I am not jumping in on this tread of yours.... But My temps. are A OK but I can`t seem to get the humidity down, always around 80, 81 and I know thats not god for the flower/Bud stage...

Would ya know how I can Cheaply lower it or what to add to the nutes to help protect the high Humidity..?

nothing to put in ur nutes u should just buy a dehumidifier for around $130 at HD that will take careof everything btw ur definetly not jackin any threads:Rasta:

No worries, not jacking my thread at all. very good question.

theirs a few things i can think of that will help.
1. better intake/exhaust fans
2. dehumidifier
3. Silica will also help with mold and prevent things bad from happing

Oakleys I were them all the time :) awesome pics BTW Irish got to love them
thanks

Back
Top Bottom