180W Super Lemon Haze Grow - Lots of Pics!

Have been following IrishBoy and GrowLedHydo with great interest. Man, am I impressed with the results! I am new to tent/indoor growing. However, I was so impressed, I went out this weekend and purchased a tent, nutes, timer, ph stuff and more. I spoke with Mike this morning and ordered 3 180w's. I can hardly wait to get this thing started!!! :yahoo: You guys are doing a great job!! Your girls are all oustanding! Keep the flow of information coming!

Hoo Ya! I made it. Yup, yup, yup, Awesome grow. Can't wait for the next 2-3 weeks for mailman. Dem 3 lights that OldGanjaMan ordered, well ones mine!

I've lurked the last month or so playing catch-up. Can't say enough about 420 Magazine, RC51 CFL grow, Irishboys 2 and counting LED grows. The info sharing, the bantering, the TRUTH!!!

I've always been outside but wondered on artificial lighting. Since stumbling on this site well, the wondering is turning to reality. I would've never pulled the trigger (sunshines free) except for the raw journalism skills of Irish and the classy attitude of GrowLEDhydro (Mike).

New technology, expanded grow options,,,,these are exciting times.

I babble....Great grow and great product and this rips for you! :roorrip:

Thanks for the kind words about my threads. that makes me feel good some enjoyed it.

you guys will be happy with your lights, at least i know i am and ive been around the led block a few times testing many different leds.

what i like about these 3w leds is you dont have to have ur light 6" from the plants like some other led company's. on my 600w grow it was around 18-20" from the tops of my plants. thats what really sold me on this light. now since i will have a few 300's i can play around with different heights and dial these lights in more and let others know what worked best for me.

The more and more we use these lights the more and more dialed in we can get them. i beat i didnt even come close to the full potential of my 600w? but shit if i get those results from 4 plants every time i am a happy man. the quality is the most noticeable with these lights IMO.

Yeah Irish, your opinion gots weight. Chimming in with light distance from ladies is exactly the tips that got me jotting down clues and tracking your grow.

Oh yeah, Mikes grow too! It's the LED technology and results that got me pumped!

Being honest and fair is helps too. :)

Yeah Irish, your opinion gots weight. Chimming in with light distance from ladies is exactly the tips that got me jotting down clues and tracking your grow.

Oh yeah, Mikes grow too! It's the LED technology and results that got me pumped!

Being honest and fair is helps too. :)

ya its nice to be able to not have ur lights so close. but we have to remember that use using this light might only be using half of its true potential. we have to figure out what hight these lits work best at? it could also be strain depending witch i have notice from all my other led grows. your plants will tell you whats too close for them, we just have to watch them and listen. from my studies having a good led light too close can harm your plants rather then good. look at my last grow my light was really high and i had nice buds, i think this way the colors were able to blend with each other and get that perfect mix. but things could change with the smaller watt units. ill have to figure this out with my 300's and see whats best? i am not saying this way is the right way but rather what i believe from the grows ive done with leds.

Yeah I noticed that variables abound. Thats another reason to track these LED grows and note temps, distance, etc...

Catching the end of this grow and riding real time on Inferno is perfect timing for me. I'm jazzed that I'm witnessing new working technology and getting my own light.

Bonus. I can hit a rip and learn something new.

Yeah I noticed that variables abound. Thats another reason to track these LED grows and note temps, distance, etc...

Catching the end of this grow and riding real time on Inferno is perfect timing for me. I'm jazzed that I'm witnessing new working technology and getting my own light.

Bonus. I can hit a rip and learn something new.

you and me both are learning new things on my Inferno thread. so far its just packed with great topic and info. i am loving it. my goal on my thread is to cover all kinds of good topics so we can all learn and new reader will have plenty or grade A+ reading to learn from.

lets just hop my girls live threw this insane heat that coming soon. so far they getting bigger and bigger by the day and look great. just wait for the Sat update pics. :yahoo:

what i like about these 3w leds is you dont have to have ur light 6" from the plants like some other led company's. on my 600w grow it was around 18-20" from the tops of my plants.

hmm, do you think that the distance of the height is relative to the amount of watts used in a panel???

I mean in standard hid gardens you can put a 600w hps anywhere near as close as you can keep a 150w hps. To me the same would apply with LED's.

I notice when I look at hgl's various panels the distance at which height you need to keep the panel from the top drops down as you go up in wattage. There's simply more diodes per sq inch so you dont have to keep the light source as close I would guess. On her 345w model they recommend it being kept at 12" away vs. 6" on the 205w panel.

But honestly keeping the light closer or farther away from my plants when it comes to maximizing yield doesnt really even cross my mind.
I've grown with cfl's, fluro's, hid's and now led's and I've always tried to keep my light as close to the tops so I suppose I just never really was bothered by it.

what i like about these 3w leds is you dont have to have ur light 6" from the plants like some other led company's. on my 600w grow it was around 18-20" from the tops of my plants./QUOTE]

hmm, do you think that the distance of the height is relative to the amount of watts used in a panel???

I mean in standard hid gardens you can put a 600w hps anywhere near as close as you can keep a 150w hps. To me the same would apply with LED's.

I notice when I look at hgl's various panels the distance at which height you need to keep the panel from the top drops down as you go up in wattage. There's simply more diodes per sq inch so you dont have to keep the light source as close I would guess. On her 345w model they recommend it being kept at 12" away vs. 6" on the 205w panel.

But honestly keeping the light closer or farther away from my plants when it comes to maximizing yield doesnt really even cross my mind.
I've grown with cfl's, fluro's, hid's and now led's and I've always tried to keep my light as close to the tops so I suppose I just never really was bothered by it.

well i would say the 3w would make that difference because its more intense light. that why mike was able to keep his 180w 14" in flowering and still get good results. I did say in my quote that different led light wattages would all be different heights.
i think this way the colors were able to blend with each other and get that perfect mix. but things could change with the smaller watt units. ill have to figure this out with my 300's and see whats best?

I think about this a little differently. Rather than "you don't have to keep the lights as close" I'd say "how close can I keep this light". The tradeoff in moving closer being that the core light footprint shrinks in return for more intesnsity delivered to the leaves.

Assuming the closer the lights the higher the light intensity that the plant is exposed to.

I see with LEDs that the younger the plant the more the plant will react (curled leaves etc.) if you get too close. Towards the latter half of flowering the plant will generally let you get much much closer - even within a few inches with the 1 watt lights.

I think it remains to be seen where the optimal spot is, and this is probably different depending on strain and light.

Just my opinion, your grammage may vary.

I think about this a little differently. Rather than "you don't have to keep the lights as close" I'd say "how close can I keep this light". The tradeoff in moving closer being that the core light footprint shrinks in return for more intesnsity delivered to the leaves.

Assuming the closer the lights the higher the light intensity that the plant is exposed to.

I see with LEDs that the younger the plant the more the plant will react (curled leaves etc.) if you get too close. Towards the latter half of flowering the plant will generally let you get much much closer - even within a few inches with the 1 watt lights.

I think it remains to be seen where the optimal spot is, and this is probably different depending on strain and light.

Just my opinion, your grammage may vary.

Man am I glad I got to read this!! I'm at almost week 3 of flower with some bagseed strain 4 inches from a 180 watt Jumbo(got a bit carried away in veg) and SO FAR everything is going along just fine. Was going to bump the power down to 75% but now will leave the light full on and see what happens. Very imformative post, what a relief! .V.

4" seems a little close for only the 3rd week of flower.

The latter half I've seen them near touching

Is it a one watt or three watt model? I'd say at least 6" at this age but lower is more intense - if they can handle it

Again - just my opinion.

4" seems a little close for only the 3rd week of flower.

The latter half I've seen them near touching

Is it a one watt or three watt model? I'd say at least 6" at this age but lower is more intense - if they can handle it

Again - just my opinion.

ya too close isn't always good, i learned that with my 126w when the hindu was close it bleached and burnt the top bud. i believe its all different on each strain so its on how you watch ur plants, then will let the grower know when the lights too close

Yup, that was the dance on my last grow, at least in one of the tents.

But isn't that the case with any light, whether LED or something else?

As close as you can without burning your plants or sacrificing coverage.

My old school friend up north in the redwoods, however, *never* drops his 600w HID(s) below 24", and has enviable results. Doesn't mean he couldn't do better though.

Thanks for all the awesome comments and support everyone!!

I had a snow storm in my tent last night, luckily I was able to snap some pics! Enjoy! Week 11.

DSC023382.JPG

DSC023492.JPG

DSC023501.JPG

DSC023511.JPG

DSC02353.JPG

DSC02354.JPG

DSC023572.JPG

DSC023581.JPG

DSC023662.JPG

:bravo::bravo:

Edit: I just went back and looked at the top pic - I don't worry about brown hairs too much, but comparing to everything else - I hope I'm wrong - I hope that's not a little rot in the top pic?

Now that you guys mention it...I am on the boat too...

Hopefully its just camera playing tricks on us...

I think I have had this issue before...

What do you do in a situation like this guys?

-Go

Back
Top Bottom