1st Grow 1st Journal - White Widow & Company

re: 1st Grow 1st Journal - White Widow & Company

Looking good Surf. Looks like you defoliated the clone a bit, she will benefit from it. You might want to think of moving her to the front of the tent, she is going to shoot up over the next few weeks and may hit the duct work. Looks like she can grow another 12-18 inches until it becomes an issue, something to keep an eye on.

Do I see some wires? A little LST?

I have no experience with foxfarm nutes but have heard they are good. A friend, who has grown for years, helped me get up and running so I have been using some of the nutes he was using. He tries to go organic from the bottle. How organic is that, not sure???

Looking good Surf. Looks like you defoliated the clone a bit, she will benefit from it. You might want to think of moving her to the front of the tent, she is going to shoot up over the next few weeks and may hit the duct work. Looks like she can grow another 12-18 inches until it becomes an issue, something to keep an eye on.

Do I see some wires? A little LST?

I have no experience with foxfarm nutes but have heard they are good. A friend, who has grown for years, helped me get up and running so I have been using some of the nutes he was using. He tries to go organic from the bottle. How organic is that, not sure???

Yeah she got a little haircut right before I flipped her. Good call on moving her to the front. I'll do that tonight. And yeah I have been doing lst for a couple weeks. Each plant was topped twice.

Looks good man, I'm looking forward to seeing how the nutes do for you, since I'll be needing some soon, and I have a lot of different brands to research :)

Thanks antics, I'm interested myself. Gonna try some with only roots organic and some with foxfarm. looking forward to seeing a difference

I'm here for a sub up brother, help up the good work, look mighty fine here :goodjob:

Thanks, glad to have you on board. Hoping to impress many and learn a lot!

Ok guys, Just finished the first week (Day 7) into Flowering today. Everything is going good so far, well seems to be. As I said before, I gave 2 of my girls the advanced fox farm nutes (only at 1/4 strength), and the other 3 gave roots organic nutes. Fed one time this week with nutes and one time with just water. Next feed will be a couple days from now and ill bump it up to about 3/4 strength. Seeing massive growth in the first week. Since this is my first grow, was absolute astonished the growth in only a week. Having lots of fun with this. Started seeing sex on all plants 2 yesterday. Good to know my seeds were actually legit females. Luckily no Hermies *KNOCK ON WOOD* Did a little trimming just at the base, kinda lollipop style. But yeah, these sexy ladies have just about caught up to my clone. Besides the clone, the other 4 stand at about 23", clone is at 26".Temp is holding tight at 74-80 with lights on and 65-75 with lights off. Humidity at 38-50% day and night. Let me know if anyone can see where I can make improvements. Was told to be easy on trimming during flowering so I have trimmed much at all. Ok that's all I got for now. Thanks guys :Namaste:

20150405_075457.jpg

20150405_075451.jpg

20150405_075512.jpg

20150405_075704.jpg

20150405_075718.jpg

20150405_075726.jpg

20150405_075739.jpg

20150405_075800.jpg

20150405_075631.jpg

20150405_075618.jpg

20150405_075827.jpg

20150405_075833.jpg

20150405_075858.jpg

20150405_075902.jpg

20150405_075909.jpg

20150405_075918.jpg

20150405_075922.jpg

I think you are right on track, looking real good, Surf. :yummy::yummy:
Thanks bud, just what I was hoping to hear, cheers

nice plants man. just woundering do u know how much ur watering and do u use nutes ? iv never growen photos before and im not good with knowing how much to water either :/ :peace:

Thanks Indo, My girls are in 5 gal pots. Watering ranges. I use the lift method. Seems to be the best way. brings me to right around every 3 days or so. I am using Roots Organic Soil and nutrients. When I water (when the pot feels really light) I use roughly 3/4 gal water per plant. I water slowly until I start to see some runoff. Usually takes about 4 min per plant to start seeing runoff because I go slow. As for the nutes...I use the guideline on the back of my nutrient bottles. Im currently using Roots Organic Nutes. (also just started with some advanced nutes on 2 of the ladies for an experiment. Anyways, I always mix my nutes to 1 gal of water. I started at 1/4 strength for the first feed then went to the full dosage. I do not give nutes every time I water. I do it every other watering. Hope this helps.

nice plants man. just woundering do u know how much ur watering and do u use nutes ? iv never growen photos before and im not good with knowing how much to water either :/ :peace:

Thanks Indo, My girls are in 5 gal pots. Watering ranges. I use the lift method. Seems to be the best way. brings me to right around every 3 days or so. I am using Roots Organic Soil and nutrients. When I water (when the pot feels really light) I use roughly 3/4 gal water per plant. I water slowly until I start to see some runoff. Usually takes about 4 min per plant to start seeing runoff because I go slow. As for the nutes...I use the guideline on the back of my nutrient bottles. Im currently using Roots Organic Nutes. (also just started with some advanced nutes on 2 of the ladies for an experiment. Anyways, I always mix my nutes to 1 gal of water. I started at 1/4 strength for the first feed then went to the full dosage. I do not give nutes every time I water. I do it every other watering. Hope this helps.

In addition to what Surf said a good amount of runoff they say is about 10%, which helps in the removal of old salts and nutes sitting in the soil (especially if you're using non organic nutes) The feeding schedules on the back of most bottles or in the booklets of some are pretty nice to follow but don't feel like you have to follow them either, especially when your plants do not look like they're enjoying it. I have plants in flower that will soak up a 2200 PPM mixture and they love it while the one right next to it freaks out at anything over 1600+ PPM. If I do a mix of the few different things I'm running I can end up around 2200 PPMs, I don't feel that strong is needed. I tend to keep mine that are in full flower around 1500-1600 PPMs with bi-weekly flush since that seems to be sweet spot for everything I'm running and my girls love it. Don't over complicate it and check out more than one chart or piece of advice!

Great help guys:goodjob: my plants have a def atm. And from what i hear from others i fell like im not watering enough:/ I always keep Hum and Temps in mind to. I also use the 'lift the bucket' method, becuse the finger one i think is not the best for MJ palnts anyway since they say to put ur finger in about an inch, last time i did this after about a half inch i felt the soil getting very compact (the roots holding everyhting i presume) so i didnt want to go disturbing them either:) 1-1 & half liter does me for 3 plants and about every 3 days also.
I plan on flushing next watering if not about a liter each for my 2 photos and bit less for the auto, and see how it goes from there :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom