1st Grow 1st Journal - White Widow & Company

re: 1st Grow 1st Journal - White Widow & Company

Welcome Nagini. And thank you

DaKindBuds, thanks man, pretty simple. at the top under the Thread Title you will see near the left "thread tools"...click on that and hit subscribe.

Glad to have you all join in. Will be putting up some updates on sunday. Currently day 13 into flower (day 47 since seeds sprouted)

Very nice bro I'm kinda jealous. If I knew how I'd keep track of your grow

You've replied to this thread, so you are already subscribed. Anytime a new post gets posted here, you will see it in your User Control Panel

Very nice looking plants there man gratz.. I wonder how do you manage to keep humidify at 50 with a fan like that though as it should be sucking all the water particles in the air, maybe your house is already humid enough idk.. Do you have any data about the roomtemperature and rh ?

How's everything looking?

Everything is looking great so far thanks. Will be putting up an update with pics tomorrow,Sunday.

Very nice looking plants there man gratz.. I wonder how do you manage to keep humidify at 50 with a fan like that though as it should be sucking all the water particles in the air, maybe your house is already humid enough idk.. Do you have any data about the roomtemperature and rh ?

Yes that's why I use 2 humidifiers. And that's also why I have a fan controller so I have my fan speed at the lowest so doesn't suck out the humidity. Temps outside of tent are about 75 a with rh of around 30%. The highest I can get my humidity was 60%. I only have one going right now and it's don't the job. You gotta remember, once the ladies get bigger,they will aalso help raise humidity. Imo

Day 14 flower...2 weeks in. Buds are slowly starting to fill in. the clone is no longer the biggest plant, seems they all just about caught up. I am currently having one issue. The last couple of days I noticed some gnats. little black f**kers. Then this morning I noticed a ton more. and all of them are on the soil of the clone. not seeing any on any other plant. not quite sure why. my guess is fungus gnats...does it sound about right? I did some research and seen DE powder on top of my soil will help, and some yellow sticky traps. Is this a bad thing? should I be worried? is it an easy fix?

Other than that, everything seems to be going great. vertical growth has started to slow some. right at about 30". So let me know what you guys think.

20150412_083332.jpg

20150412_083327.jpg

20150412_083649.jpg

20150412_083344.jpg

20150412_083605.jpg

20150412_083526.jpg

20150412_083456.jpg

20150412_083444.jpg

20150412_083422.jpg

20150412_083412.jpg

20150412_083456.jpg

20150412_083435.jpg

Thanks KindBuds, Im using the roots organic grow and bloom. and on 2 of my girls im trying the advanced nutes from foxfarm (Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching)

Didn't get much response about the Fungus Gnats so I decided to go to my local grow shop and the guy in there told me to use GnatNix and yellow sticky traps. Got both for under $20, SCORE! lol Put roughly an inch of GnatNix on top of my soil and hung a few sticky traps. working good so far. Hopefully the babies get nice and sliced up on their way up and out of the soil.

20150412_131357.jpg

20150412_131404.jpg

Good move Surf. The traps will work fine, the gnatnix, I've heard mix results.

The girls do look good and the growth spurt...nice. Two weeks and they are even with the clone. :high-five:

Something to keep in mind, you now have a canopy, don't forget to keep up with the undergrowth. Wish I had that problem, I'm still in a closet but a 4x8 tent is on the way. Then new lights and a whole new grow this summer.

Super clean set up you have there. It looks damn good and your plants are looking very lush and well maintained, your hard work will pay off without a doubt.

Thanks man, Im hoping so! Im kind of a neat freak with ocd so it helps lol

If I would have seen you had an issue I would have recommended gnatmix and sticky traps, so you got that covered. :thumb:
The combo worked well for me so it should clear everything up relatively quick!

Thanks Buds4All! Figured I would try something right? lol The little gnats were flying in my face, pissing me off lol

So yeah about the Canopy, I took that into consideration today, and I did some light trimming on the inside. Mainly just large fan leaves, to allow for more light to get down below. That will be the last time I trim until week 5 or 6 I think. I also thought about lining the base of my tent floor with some 2ft T5 lights or something. Didn't know if that would help undergrowth and yield. What do you all think?

Nice, moving to a tent. I really do love it. A ton of bad reviews about light leaks. But horticulture has skyrocketed over the past few years and they have made amazing adjustments. Ill give a final review when I get my first yield! lol Bet you cant wait to get the new setup. What lighting system are you planning on using? or thinking about using?

If I would have seen you had an issue I would have recommended gnatmix and sticky traps, so you got that covered. :thumb:
The combo worked well for me so it should clear everything up relatively quick!

Thanks, its the thought that counts right ;) Guess I'm hoping for the same result then, Gnats be gone! lol

Damn, Antics I almost bought that DE Powder stuff. The only reason I didn't was because I was reading that it was more for spider mites and stuff. So, if this system doesn't rid of the little buggers before they are big enough to carry me away in my sleep, then Ill get some of that. The joys of having a grow shop just down the road lol So yeah, Thanks man, trying to use similar techniques as I have been very impressed with your journals. So Thank you. :adore: lol

I'm going to go LED, still looking at brands and wattage. A friend of mine who grows is giving me his old tent, so not out any cash on that, although who knows what shape its in. It's free, so Ill make it work ;)

I've heard mixed feelings about LEDs, some say its worked better and others say they saw no change other than temp. Honestly Im not sure if its worth the cost. HOWEVER...if my grow setup was free like yours, I'D BE ALL IN :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom