1st Grow - Bubblelicious CFL & LED Grow Tent

I did a lot of reading on curing, and decided with Kandy I would throw her in my frost free freezer. Shes been in there for a day now. I checked on her this morning and she is looking cold, and smelling more skunk like than hay. Since she was such a small take I thought I would experiment. Stay tuned for the freezer method cure of Kandy :)

Some notable observations from me today.... I have my Dehumidifier and A/C units running to try and maintain proper conditions for Bubba, I have noticed since I leave the closet door open, my RH drops. While running the A/c it drops even more. If i clean out the cat hair from my A/C unit, the temps drop below 75f. If I don't clean out the cat hair (I have 2 long hair cats) The temps stay steady at 77F and RH of 40%. Who knew! So for those of you trying to get conditions right, may i suggest two long hair cats, LOL

Some notable observations from me today.... I have my Dehumidifier and A/C units running to try and maintain proper conditions for Bubba, I have noticed since I leave the closet door open, my RH drops. While running the A/c it drops even more. If i clean out the cat hair from my A/C unit, the temps drop below 75f. If I don't clean out the cat hair (I have 2 long hair cats) The temps stay steady at 77F and RH of 40%. Who knew! So for those of you trying to get conditions right, may i suggest two long hair cats, LOL

and a couple pairs of tweezers! :rollit:

and a couple pairs of tweezers! :rollit:

why tweezers?

everything-tastes-better-with-cat-hair-mug.jpg

I did a lot of reading on curing, and decided with Kandy I would throw her in my frost free freezer. Shes been in there for a day now. I checked on her this morning and she is looking cold, and smelling more skunk like than hay. Since she was such a small take I thought I would experiment. Stay tuned for the freezer method cure of Kandy :)

MaPilot, I dont believe you should have put them in the freezer... Placing buds in the freezer stops the ageing and curing process. The freezer is for long term storage after you have cured for a few months.... Once you dry your bud from hanging... You should place them in glass air tight jars with 60-62 RH for at least 2 weeks. The longer the better cure and taste and smell the buds will have...

:goodluck:

Hunter, there is a chapter in The Marijuana Grower's Handbook about harvest and Mr. Rosenthal talks about curing in your freezer. One of many methods. Like I said..Its an experiment, but appears to be working.

an excerpt from another site:
He states you should dry your bud to the point of stem snapping and to the point you would normally begin bagging and sweating or jarring and burping your buds. Once at that point you put the partially dried buds in the freezer to "freeze dry". The water in the plant tissues freezes and then evaporates over time (10-20 days according to the book) through a process called sublimation. The claims are better taste and preservation of psychoactive compounds.

The test i done with papaya so far was clear/cloudy. Had a few ambers inside the bigger bud but was a total head high... I LOVED IT! Very strong and tasty. I can say that the test buds have been some of the best ive smoked.. If not its for sure in the very top lol... Im excited to finish her and get a good 2 month cure on her. Im ready to chop any day now...
:yummy:

Day 64 Pics. Bubba still doing good. Smelling pretty sweet today, getting the pink bubblegum smell going on!

20140819_114445.jpg

20140819_113542.jpg

20140819_113522.jpg

20140819_113515.jpg

20140819_113507.jpg

20140819_113501.jpg

A little worried by the red stems again. That's what Kandy got before she stopped her bud production...Any ideas?

I just gave her some Cal-Mag as the reading I am doing says it could be a Phosphorus deficiency. I am told Cal Mag will help! Crossing fingers....

edit also Mag deficiency shows red stems..... either way cal-mag should help...? :)

If you are using LED lighting you need to add a cal/mag additive if you nutrients dont have it. You plant looks great, me personally would not worry about the stems... If it was a cal or mag deficiency she will tell you on her fan leaves... I have red stems also and it doesnt look like they have effected my plant. I also use botanicare Cal/Mag in my reservoir and still have red stems..
:thumb:

Thanks Hunter, you always seem to calm me down some.

I have noticed a few fan leaves on the bottom have turned yellow and a few have fallen off. I hope my Cal-Mag feeding helps her out today :)

Being 4 weeks in flower, Would it be a bad idea to lollipop her? She is supposed to be a 8 - 10 week flower
(I was thinking i would remove some of the yellowing leaves on the bottom to help but not sure if it would help or hurt)

Back
Top Bottom