2 Liter Hempy SOG

As far as shipping is concerned, I just switched to FedEx and have negotiated some great rates...much better than UPS. My shipping rates are MUCH lower now and I of course have passed that on to the consumer. If my volume continues to increase, I will negotiate even lower rates and pass that along to y'all as well. Maybe this time next year, I will have some sort of flat rate that is super cheap...I hope...

Thanks for ur repy bpn. clearly u are passionate about what u are doing and ur response was clear. big companies like AN definately over charge for alot of their products. maybe i'll trial bpn alongside one of my grows to do a like for like comparison. you seem like a genuine guy and i do like to try out different things now and again. i just see alot of new guys screaming how great the product range is which is fine that they are happy with the product but they arent in a position to say its the same or better than other products. Ofcourse ur time spent helping guys using ur product is something u dont get with most other companies and that help can be invaluable, especially to new growers.

420fied is a more experienced grower than alot of the new guys on here and because ive witnessed a few of his grows, i trust his opinion. but i also believe with his experience that he could get good results with most poducts unles they really bad.

i guess theres only one way to find out, maybe i'll take the plunge....

would u mind pm me with bit more detail on ur products? thanks

Hi everyone,

As I have stated, it's all about Moms and Clones at the new space. I have 85 babies in the flower room and another 60 in the cloners. I've added another T5 unit as I have 6 mothers now and they're starting to yield clones for me. Once the 4 smaller Moms catch up to the 2 big ones, it'll be game on. Things are definitely picking up.

6_moms.JPG

Moving into the new space and expanding the scale of my efforts has taught me a great deal. In the last year I have learned about electrical, HVAC, and plumbing. I knew it would take a while to get going but the result is going to be well worth it.

I don't want to dilute this journal with pictures of the new space because I'm going to close this journal and open a new one soon....however I will list some tidbits for you:

* I've added two light movers so my 600's are now side by side on 6' rails.
* The plants in the flower room are sitting in new, custom built draining tables.
* I'm still running the same 600 watt lights with Quad Ray reflectors (not air cooled).
* I installed central air in the space which is the reason I didn't need to add the air cooled hoods.(more on that later)
* I have (3), 50 site aero cloners built and in working order.
* I lowered the manifold and replaced the pumps in all my aero cloners(now running 400GPH pumps in all cloners)
* I have my cloners on a timer now. Sprayers run at 3 minutes on and 1 minute off.(more on that later)
* Of my 6 mothers, 5 are Snow Whites and 1 is called JYD(Junkyard Dog). (more on that later)
* I will be building a DIY bud trimmer to handle the volume, that you guys will get a kick out of.(more on that later)
* I have the ability to run 300+ flowering plants at a time now, and I will.

* There's much, much, more to talk about when the time is right.

For now my friends just know that I am packing the pipeline for a HUGE 2013! The upcoming journal will drop some jaws. I plan on documenting all that I have went through/learned/achieved in the new journal, very soon.

As the Holiday season is upon us, I want to say that I wish the very best to all of you and yours. I hope eternal light shines on all of you.

Good growing my friends

bwl1.JPG

Honestly straight tap water will give u great results without clogging up res. Also depending how large u want ur roots before transplant, i have found if u have air stones in res and only spray 3-4 times in 24 hours once roots are through, that roots actually thicken up and grow faster. Think of it as a dwc grow, the bubbles create just enough spray for roots not to dry out wen cutting is transplanted. But encourages root growth, i switch to this method once roots are over 1.5". just something to mess around with wen u get a chance.

Thank you. Since reading this, I decided to run my aero cloners on a timer set at 3 minutes on and 1 minute off. I have noticed more fishboning and better root development overall as opposed to continuous spray. I will continue to play with this and pass along my findings.

Sneak Peek time

Shhhhhh .... the Blue Planet babies are sleeping.

shhh_sleep.JPG

I told you guys it's all about clones at my place. There are just over 100 newly planted babies in the flower room and another 60 in the cloners.

babiez.JPG
rootz.JPG

Moms 3 and 4 are catching up with Moms 1 and 2. I've taken very few clones from them up to this point. Once they start yielding numbers things will really take off.

momz3_4.JPG
momz1_2.JPG

I also have 3 other Moms. 2 are still small and the other is just a baby. I'll post pictures once they have some stature.

Slowly but surely, momentum is building.

This journal has been a blast and I appreciate the feedback from all of you. I learn more from you guys than you learn from me. Please join me in my upcoming journey because without you guys, growing just isn't as fun. Look for my new journal soon.

At this point, I should probably close this journal and just open the new one. If anyone on the Staff reads this, please move to the completed section.

Good growing everyone

What sort of timer do u use for 2 on 1 off. I believe that would definitely encour again better root growth. My timers are 15min segmental.

It's called a "cycle" timer. The timers most of us run our lights on use a 24 hour schedule and let you set pins (or use digital settings) to set the on/of times during the 24 hour period. The cycle timers don't know/care what time of what day it is or how many hours are in the day. You just set on/off intervals (i.e. a "cycle"). :Namaste:

Good question, Toad. I struggle with the same dilemma. My answer now is a water table that channels runoff to a waste bucket below. Some other growers use a wet/dry vac to suck it out. I too want to hear 420fied's method with his new setup. I think that with his hempy holes 2" from the bottoms, runoff is not a big issue.

Hi 420ified- Quick question- I have read through your journals and although you most likely answered this somewhere, I didn't find the exact answer-

After you water/feed, I assume you have a little overflow into your drip pans. Do you just let the water evaporate? Or do you manually drain them all by lifting the 2 liter and grabbing the drip pans to drain? I hope I am being clear with the question.

Thanks for journals, they are simply excellent and you are so gracious to answer questions. Very good karma my man!

Thanks,
Toad

First let me say thanks for the kind words. I'm glad that folks are able to take things from my journals and apply them to their own situation.

Here are my thoughts on runoff:

In my old space the runoff would collect in a catch tub which had a 1" incline so the water would pool on one end. If you monitor it closely, you can reduce the amount of runoff you have to discard. After feedings I would simply scoop out the runoff and dump it. There really never was much to get rid of. In fact, at times the runoff was so minute that I would just let it evaporate.

However, in my new space, I have my plants sitting on custom built, 9' drain tables.There's a 2 inch incline from the end with the drain up to the other end. That enables the water to head towards the drain end, They're lined with pond liner and include a built in drain which funnels the runoff into a 5 gallon bucket. From there it's dumped in the utility sink.

shhh_sleep.JPG
drain_liner.JPG
drain_bucket.JPG

I hope this answers your questions.

Good growing.

Back
Top Bottom