2 Liter Hempy SOG

Hello everyone,

Today I come to you with great news. For a long time I have toyed with the idea of moving my garden to a new space. Until yesterday it was just a thought. However, an opportunity presented itself and I took advantage. Within the next 2 months the pictures coming from my garden will have a completely different look.

What's this mean for 420fied and his journal here?

By the end of the month I will be building the new garden and hope to take you along for the ride.

Right now I am limited to running a single mother as I simply do not have the room to run the necessary mothers to fill out an entire 88 plant run at once. I usually end up taking 20-30 plants per harvest. I'm running (2) 600 watt HPS units to flower with and usually have anywhere from 50-80 plants running at once at different stages of flower in a flower room that's approx 8'x8'.

All that is about to change in a big way.

I will soon be running (4)...and then eventually (6) 600 watt HPS units to flower with in a dedicated flower room that's approx 12' x 20'. I will be able to run 5 large mothers at once and I will build the aero cloners necessary to provide me with 200-300 babies at once in a dedicated veg/mom/clone room that's approx 12' x 12'.

It's going to take a while, but once up and running at full speed I will run approx 180 2L SOG plants at once under (4) HPS units and then be able to expand that to 270 plants when I flower under (6) HPS units. (I know the laws, please keep the legal discussions out of this journal. Thank you.)

My journals have shown harvests of 25-30 plants along the way so obviously we're upping the ante a bit.

Stay tuned. ;)

:yahoo: I can hardly wait! :thumb:

Hi 420

ive just written a massive post and for some reason deleted it and its burnt my head out the thought of writing it all again! haha

Ok... Nice growing as usual. I havent read this journal from start to finish but i do have a couple questions if thats ok? I apologise in advance if uv covered this ground.

Firstly i want to switch to using my aerocloner which ive had for some time but not really used. I currently use jiffy pellets to clone but the aero cloner would be much more efficient. Do i just use R/O water with sprinklers on 24/7 or do i add weak solution of maybe superthrive and root excellurator?

Also i have a decent size room with a current grow but I will definately be switching to hempy in the coming weeks. I have 4 600w hps and 20 plants in 6.5lt pots, medium - coco. They'll take up quite bit space once they flowering but I am going to add the hempy pots to that flower room and turn it into a perpetual grow. How many pots would u say comfortably could fit under 4 600w hps? I would be using coco as thats what i know best, does that mean my feed/water schedule wouldnt be daily as it takes longer to dry out than perilite? Would u be kind enough to check my space out and give me any pointers? Would be greatly appreciated.

as far as the cloner goes, you can use plain tap water. I usually just fill mine up and run it for 24 hours to get the chlorine out, and then throw the clones in. I don't adjust ph or add anything to it. roots in 7 days every time

Hi 420

ive just written a massive post and for some reason deleted it and its burnt my head out the thought of writing it all again! haha

Ok... Nice growing as usual. I havent read this journal from start to finish but i do have a couple questions if thats ok? I apologise in advance if uv covered this ground.

Firstly i want to switch to using my aerocloner which ive had for some time but not really used. I currently use jiffy pellets to clone but the aero cloner would be much more efficient. Do i just use R/O water with sprinklers on 24/7 or do i add weak solution of maybe superthrive and root excellurator?

Also i have a decent size room with a current grow but I will definately be switching to hempy in the coming weeks. I have 4 600w hps and 20 plants in 6.5lt pots, medium - coco. They'll take up quite bit space once they flowering but I am going to add the hempy pots to that flower room and turn it into a perpetual grow. How many pots would u say comfortably could fit under 4 600w hps? I would be using coco as thats what i know best, does that mean my feed/water schedule wouldnt be daily as it takes longer to dry out than perilite? Would u be kind enough to check my space out and give me any pointers? Would be greatly appreciated.

You can use Tap water in your cloner. I dip my clones in Clonex gel and let them sit for 30 minutes then start my sprayers back up.

You could easily fit 180 2L plants under (4) 600 watt HPS units. I've never used Coco but a grower named Twelve12 has. Check out his journals or PM as he will be able to give you solid feedback.

I'll check out your grow asap. Best of luck my friend.

:thumb:

hi 420fied

ur an inspiration mate just 1 request though if u can any chance of puttin up a picture of a million dollars stashed in shoe boxes wen u get ur new room runnin smoothly coz u must b close if not beyond lol!!!

Hey 420fied!

Can't wait to see !
But I was wondering
How do you plan to feed all those plants in flowering? Don't you think It may become a little difficult to work with that kind of canopy.

Also i was wondering what you think bout this idea for a SOG grow,
using cubes whole way thru flowering and ebb and flow them all with the flood table so they get they're nutes (hoping that they all run at once for ppm reasons) if anything have separate tubs and reservoirs if necessary .

Happy Successful & Inspirational Harvests!
:Namaste:

Hey 420fied!

Can't wait to see !
But I was wondering
How do you plan to feed all those plants in flowering? Don't you think It may become a little difficult to work with that kind of canopy.

using cubes whole way thru flowering and ebb and flow them all with the flood table so they get they're nutes (hoping that they all run at once for ppm reasons) if anything have separate tubs and reservoirs if necessary .

Hey Spirit, that's what flood tables were designed for, cubes of clones in a Sea of Green, works great. You can also make your own table to fit the space you have.

oh man, I cannot wait to see how this in action :) Very exciting stuff going on in here!

AWESOME, Bro! :high-five:

Goodluck in the new space and I can't wait to see the jungle!
:popcorn:

::drool:: awesome...simply awesome... Definitelee staying tuned

Sounds great fied, can't wait to see your new venture. :goodluck: and thanks for the reps.

420fied your my hero :thumb: :cheer:

I envy you!

You are the true Cannabis Idol!:cheer:

:yahoo: I can hardly wait! :thumb:

Awesome news! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for you new journal. That thing is gonna be the mother if all SOG's.

Can't wait to see you grow OOG (Ocean of Green). lol

THis is going to be really fun to watch ;)

At a loss for words,umm wow comes to mind. Congrats on the new room.

Thanks folks!

Once I get started on the construction of the new garden I will be sure and bring you plenty of pictures. I should get started by the end of the month. I'm pretty excited.

Hey 420fied!

Can't wait to see !
But I was wondering

Thanks for the kind words.

I've been thinking about how I'll water so many plants and to be honest, I'm not sure about exactly what I'm going to do yet. Watering 50-60 doesn't bother me at all. Once I get up and running I'll figure something out.

I've never ran flood tables but that's what the cubes are used for. Just fill the table with Hydroton and tuck the cube in.

Flood table doesn't even need hydroton, just put the clones in 4" sq cubes and place on the table, flood as needed.

Back
Top Bottom