420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Beez0404

I'm in..and congrats on the triple sponsorship- you're gonna be killin' it over here once you get all the pieces in place!

@Prescription Blend ....Matthew I had a friend of mine who was reading through my journal text and ask me about your transition from the "Initial Growth" stage to the "Vegetative" stage. At what point on your feeding chart do we depart from the Initial Growth feeding levels and move on to the Vegetative stage feeding levels?
Edited to clarify: The "Initial Growth" on our feed chart should be your very first feeding when a seedling puts out the second set of true leaves or when a clone is transplanted. For people growing in amended soils this would not be the case and they would wait longer to give liquid nutrients. The transition to week 1 Vegetative feed would be a week after that when the plant has started growing more vigorously.

That's a good question, we were trying to put info in our feed chart to help people keep from over feeding right at the beginning and that is what the "Initial Growth" column in the chart was meant for. I think we can make a better instruction to clarify that on our chart in the future, please thank your friend for us.

For those readers that don't know what true leaves are I'll explain as briefly as possible.. The very first set of leaves from a seed are called cotyledons and will appear rounded in shape, the true leaves come after and will have the characteristic pointed shape and serrated edge.

Great start to the journal! I'll be following along. I'm waiting on mine to arrive before I start my journal. I was going to do something similar in mine and include the info from the site too. Congrats on the killer light sponsorship! Whoa! That thing looks awesome.

I'm in..and congrats on the triple sponsorship- you're gonna be killin' it over here once you get all the pieces in place!
Hey @Carcass glad you popped in bud. I did get really lucky with the sponsorship this grow. I hope I earn it.

Congrats on the killer light sponsorship! Whoa! That thing looks awesome.
Howdy @BakedARea good to see you. I'm excited to try this light out. @Mars Hydro told me it shipped last week, I believe on Thursday so it should be here soon. Not sure from where it ships but I figure somewhere in he US.

The transition to week 1 Vegetative feed would be a week after that when the plant has started growing more vigorously.
@Prescription Blend Thank you Matthew! All good information. Just so I understand the first feeding is when the first set of permanent leaves sprout. The following week I move on to the week #1 of vegging on your chart?

@Prescription Blend Thank you Matthew! All good information. Just so I understand the first feeding is when the first set of permanent leaves sprout. The following week I move on to the week #1 of vegging on your chart?
We intended it to be after first set of true leaves is out and you see just the smallest growth of the second set. If you prefer to start feeding at a different point then by all means, it up to you.

We intended it to be after first set of true leaves is out and you see just the smallest growth of the second set. If you prefer to start feeding at a different point then by all means, it up to you.
Nope, I'm just trying to clarify for myself and everyone who will read the thread. I want to use your product in the manner you have designed it to be used. I'm sure you guys know what you're doing.

I'm beat from working out in the hot 85 degree sun today so I won't get to it today BUT I had a package waiting for me on my porch when I got home this afternoon. Tomorrow or Friday I'll do the unboxing and introduction. I'm 95% sure it's from @Mars Hydro but can't tell because thankfully the box doesn't scream GROW LIGHT INSIDE! SO thank you for that Mars Hydro.

The time has come to Give Back to the sponsors. Late yesterday the @Mars Hydro model FC-4800 light that was gifted to me to use in the Girl Scout Cookie comparative grow arrived. But I had been outside working in the hot sun all afternoon and was just too worn out and tired to give the light a proper welcome. Well I got a good night sleep last night and got my able assistant (wifey) to snap some photos for me while I unveiled this gorgeous light. SO here we go with what I hope is a thorough and detailed description of this FC-4800 light.

The first thing I noticed upon opening the box was how very well the light was packed. No amount of care or packing foam was spared to insure this light reached its destination in perfect working order.

A couple things I notice immediately is that Mars included a 6' extension cord which will give me the ability to move the driver to the outside of my tent thus greatly reducing the temperature in the tent.

And STICKERS!! Who doesn't love stickers? Something almost religious about stickers.

Now I want to focus on the driver. It is made by Inventronics and from all I have read is one of the top of the line drivers you can buy. It is dimmable from 10% - 100% and a feature I love it is IP67 rated meaning you could submerge the driver in up to 1 meter of liquid for up to 30 minutes and it is waterproof. I'll never test this of course but it will make me more comfortable should I splash water or nutes on it. And again I love how they provided me with the extra power cord to move the driver outside the tent.

The light fixture itself looks space age compared to any light I have ever used. One thing I really like is that it is square. All too often you will have a 4x4 tent and the fixture rated to light a 4x4 tent in flower is rectangular in shape. Might not make a difference scientifically but to me I can't help but feel the square fixture will provide more even light penetration to the whole of the tent.

And what can I say about the LED quality Mars put into this light. 2016Pcs Best-Selling Samsung LM301 and Osram 660nm LEDs chips, High Efficiency Up to 2.8 µmol/J. I am NOT a light expert but I'm pretty sure these Samsung LEDs are the best currently available for a grow light. PLEASE if I am wrong about that be polite letting me know.

This is what happened when I plugged the light into the outlet.

I thought I would share some clips from the @Mars Hydro site to provide you with the facts and numbers which I honestly don't understand. :rolleyes:

So yeah, I am very excited to start my journal officially now. I'm excited to put this beautiful Mars Hydro light through its paces and see what kind of job it can do.

I am excited to get 6 of the Girl Scout Cookies so generously donated by @Weed Seeds Express into some hempy/perlite solo cups and get them sprouted.

I am excited to try out the @Prescription Blend nutrients provided by one of our trusted sponsors. I admit it, I'm an old man and do get set in my ways. I have been using the same nutrients now for 3 years and never lifted my head up to the possibility there might be something better out there.

My next post will be prepping the seeds for germination and getting them planted into their perlite solo cups.

STAY TUNED This is happening today

That's a frigging awesome ass light dude! Congrats on a well deserved sponsorship and great intro. I would be through the moon opening that box up! Can't wait to see the monsters that will be coming up with this beauty.

I agree about the square and rectangular shapes. I want to believe that some fancy light diode engineer is locked up in a research lab somewhere with endless coffee and nugs trying to figure out which shape is better. My brain tells me that a circular light would fill a circular space more effectively and efficiently. I want to believe that a square light would do the same for a square tent. With that said though, I currently only have scrawny lights compared to this beast you got. I have a long rectangular light to fill my back half zone of growing 2.5 x 5. I have a couple small rectangular lights that when put together make a square for my front left growing zone which is 2.5 x 2.5. I will do the same for the front right zone. I did this because my brain tells me to match the light source to the shape of the growing space.

Maybe we are just smoking too much and putting waaaaay too much thought into this?!? Who knows...

Can't wait to see your gems this season!

Back
Top Bottom