420's Bear Goes Perpetual - Multi-Strain - 2015 - Coco & Perlite

Auto VS Photo-Period & Why

• Total voters
I did not know this. I grow in living organic soil and haven't paid any real attention to the use and methods of application of chemical nutes, but this surprised me.

Sue, I never use any nutrients until flower. I just use Ocean forest and Happy frog with earthworm casting mixed in. A lot of organic gardens NEVER use any nutes with the right soil! Just a few handfuls of bat guano in the middle of flowering. I really want to get into the organic growing and would love to mix up some super soil that never needs any nutes only water the whole grow. It would be awesome to mix up and put a plant in a 7-10 gallon pot and never use nutes again. You say you use organic soil. Do you use organic nutes or do you mix up this super soil I speak of?

Sue, I never use any nutrients until flower. I just use Ocean forest and Happy frog with earthworm casting mixed in. A lot of organic gardens NEVER use any nutes with the right soil! Just a few handfuls of bat guano in the middle of flowering. I really want to get into the organic growing and would love to mix up some super soil that never needs any nutes only water the whole grow. It would be awesome to mix up and put a plant in a 7-10 gallon pot and never use nutes again. You say you use organic soil. Do you use organic nutes or do you mix up this super soil I speak of?

My LOS is the Clackamas Coot's recipe, which can be used seed to harvest with nothing other than water and suffer no deficiencies at all. No guano at all in the mix. It's a gold standard for LOS. I'm using my soil as a no-till into perpetuity, so I amend on a regular basis with enzyme tea and coconut water/aloe vera juice, but as a single run soil it performs wonderfully. As a no-till it grows stronger every cycle.

I'm also playing with Doc Bud's HB kit, an altogether different community of biota.

ok guys think I am in a better frame of mind tonight ( well at least wellllll medicated) here are the pics of the yellowing
phpbvDYSUPM.jpg

yellowing_2_1.jpg

Am getting like a kid at xmas i cant wait for tomorrow . My t5 should be here. Just added one of the hps to see how much heat I will actually get after half hr raised temp to about a toasty 88. gonna have to drop back ten yards and rethink this grow didn't think i was gonna get this addicted to it. Note to Self better planning is needed. Gonna get a early night and do soome research be back in morning

DAILY UPDATE:
well t5 came in this morning and is hooked up and running. Just put girls to bed. realized this morning I have 2 mystery plants growing(think they are left over in the coco) I transplanted the Alchemy today and will post pics
Root Ball
Root_Ball1.jpg

Top After Trans
Transplanted_Top.jpg

Side after Trans
Transplanted_Side.jpg

What I Trimmed
What_Came_Off.jpg
What_I_Trimmed.jpg

New Lighting Setup
New_Light_Setup.jpg

after transplant gave her a gallon of nutes with good run off. Note this time planter is full no chance of heat build up under plant. She looks rough right now hope she bounce back ( I have faith with you guys help and bob marley watching over her) well got a appointment to go to will return later

Good work Bear. The lights are a great addition. Congratulations. I know. It quickly became an addiction for me as well, and I was no more prepared for it than you were. There's something about growing cannabis that is different.

Dammit! "BearWhoStumpsToeOnCoffeeTable" but the yellow looks like Ph probs. What does you water measure?

I think you mean stubs :cheesygrinsmiley:

...also bear, in that picture i see leaf cupping.. What are your night and day temps?(SUBBED)

......and on photo vs auto, i vote photo because you 1) have control over how big she gets 2) can clone 3) have control over when flowering begins and 4) can grow single plants that yield pounds.

:passitleft:

You never "stumped" your toe, Chef? Gotta love regional linguistics.

Googled it, the word is stub
verb
accidentally strike (one's toe) against something.
"I stubbed my toe, swore, and tripped"
extinguish (a lighted cigarette) by pressing the lighted end against something.
"she stubbed out her cigarette in the overflowing ashtray"
dig up (a plant) by the roots.

Googled it, the word is stub
verb
accidentally strike (one's toe) against something.
"I stubbed my toe, swore, and tripped"
extinguish (a lighted cigarette) by pressing the lighted end against something.
"she stubbed out her cigarette in the overflowing ashtray"
dig up (a plant) by the roots.

I did not know this. Learn something every day. :blushsmile:

i thik i may of gave ger to much nutes she is looking real bad .tips of leaves are turning brown and a yellow tint to her ( could it be from the t5 being to close)
tip_browning_3_.jpg

Tip_Browning_2_.jpg

Tip_Browning.jpg

Gave her 1 gal flush will see how she looks in the morning

yes they are floro and i had a 600w hps in there last night so it could be that

only ran hps overnite skyrocketed the temps in my closet ( no way To Vent) so took it out and will use it when they go to the big room for flower. with the t5 and cfls lights on is between 80-85 lights out 70-80 dont know rh lvl gonna hang a couple of wet towels tomorrow

ok got up this morning and watered all the girls and the alchemy still looks sad but hanging in there. List of things I need to get
1. Digital PH meter ( can it be used in water?)
2. 6 in fans 460 cfm ( priced em last night)
3. meter ( if there is such a thing ) to measure RH
4 Digital Thermometer

Been hard keeping acurate ph levels cause am using a fresh water fish tank tester and the color on the chart only goes to 6 and it is less than that cause it is lighter than 6 ( mine looks like light pee ) tried to take a pic of the ph test tube but was to light colored for my cheap cell phone. Ok now Time for shower and maybe some bob marley

ok got up this morning and watered all the girls and the alchemy still looks sad but hanging in there. List of things I need to get
1. Digital PH meter ( can it be used in water?)
2. 6 in fans 460 cfm ( priced em last night)
3. meter ( if there is such a thing ) to measure RH
4 Digital Thermometer

Been hard keeping acurate ph levels cause am using a fresh water fish tank tester and the color on the chart only goes to 6 and it is less than that cause it is lighter than 6 ( mine looks like light pee ) tried to take a pic of the ph test tube but was to light colored for my cheap cell phone. Ok now Time for shower and maybe some bob marley

I use a cheap temp and RH meter from a big box store with a remote sensor.. two rooms, one display.

20150522_214905-1.jpg

One fan is enough for one room. I'm assuming you need a fan for the HPS in one room, do you need one for the other room?

Back when I owned a swimming pool, I found the test tube solution went bad in about a year.
Light pee color is what I aim for in my test tube. You can always spend a couple bucks at the fish store to buy test strips to double check your readings while waiting for the fancy dunk in water PH pen to arrive.

If you have a pool or spa store nearby, they almost always test your water for free, especially now at the start of swimming season when they think you might be a new customer.. So sad you need higher chlorine levels in your pool :)

using a fresh water aquarium test kit right now. will look into one of those pens. need 2 fans at some oint cause will be build a 8x8 room and splitting it into 2 4x8 rooms eventually one for veg one for flower the 2 fans i bought the other day for $15. are only 160 cfms so will use them for boosters in the line somewhere or just sell em I wired them up last night and they both work good for 160 cfm's. Just woke girls and pammy is looking better i moved the lights to about 4.5 inches from the plant before lights out this morning. Maybe I didnt hurt her to bad. The shower and Bob MArley did exactly what they were supposed to came out feeling much better.

Back
Top Bottom