480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

got some Roots organic soil today for the new girls, have the Casey Jones in their home maybe Monday? still waiting for the roots to come

thinking about going to lowes and getting some 5gal buckets to use as pots, after seeing my 5gal nursery pots next to a 5gal bucket made me realize how much bigger the buckets are.

was looking into the 7gal nursery pots i like those girls nice a roomy for my roots but at $4.50 per pot ill hold off.

what you guys thank about the 5 gal buckets instead?

If you have enough space where you don't need the increased efficiency of using squares instead of circles, why pay for the pots?

New 5gal buckets here aren't all that much less, though.

Actually, on second thought, I have played around with trying to correct yellow HPS pics with software, and at least with the software I was using, I couldn't get the results I wanted.

but that was at least a couple years ago, and editing software may do a better job today
just tried with Microsoft picture it and did help all that much either
If you have enough space where you don't need the increased efficiency of using squares instead of circles, why pay for the pots?

New 5gal buckets here aren't all that much less, though.

their not so much cheaper maybe 75 cents, but i just measured and the bucket is 4" taller and 1" wider then the bottom area of the nursery pot. so thinking of drilling some wholes and calling it good. i just worry that the bucket plastic will harm my plants? i was told to look for the #2 in the recycling triangle, then read its not the best way to tell if the plastic is good, i know i have seen others use the lowes ones and they were fine i think? the lowes ones are like $1.97 and are light proof grey color.

Hello Irish,

I'd like to suggest going with a 200x USB microscope connected to your computer, then capture images with the included software. That way you can see the individual glands and judge them for clearity and color. Vendors at my collective have them hooked-up to laptops so people can see what they're buying in real time. Good ones are less than $80.

If you do this outside in the sunlight during the middle of the day the color will be fairly close.

A camera lens will never get close enough. Even the regular 420magazine hand-held microscope is 200x. You can find the generic non-branded version online for $12 or so. Google the Carson MM-200.

Either way you can really see the trichs. If you have "Marijuana Horticulture" by Jorge Cervantes look on page 81 to see what I mean.

A bad picture is a bad picture. There is only so much that can be done. The camera is doing the same thing. If the information or at least enough of the information is not there, very little can be done with the pic.

Irish, check your pm

Hello Irish,

I'd like to suggest going with a 200x USB microscope connected to your computer, then capture images with the included software. That way you can see the individual glands and judge them for clearity and color. Vendors at my collective have them hooked-up to laptops so people can see what they're buying in real time. Good ones are less than $80.

If you do this outside in the sunlight during the middle of the day the color will be fairly close.

A camera lens will never get close enough. Even the regular 420magazine hand-held microscope is 200x. You can find the generic non-branded version online for $12 or so. Google the Carson MM-200.

Either way you can really see the trichs. If you have "Marijuana Horticulture" by Jorge Cervantes look on page 81 to see what I mean.
i agree those are the best ive seen them because Setting Sun uses one. but i dont have a laptop and y plants are too tall to move all the way by my computer or els i would have one of those for sure.

i have a ton of hand scopes but with my problems i am way too shaky to use them, i have a lab scope but dont like cutting buds off, i usually cut a small frosty sugar leaf off and check that way, but someone told me the buds will always be at a different stage then the sugar leafs. i should look into that because i dont see them being at different stages, after all we smoke those on our buds their not the fan leaves.

ANY OPINIONS ON THIS ANYONE?
A bad picture is a bad picture. There is only so much that can be done. The camera is doing the same thing. If the information or at least enough of the information is not there, very little can be done with the pic.

Irish, check your pm

i agree my camera just sucks on taking close ups, just dosent take that good of pics other brand cameras with less MP take much better pics then mine. going to try some friends camera and see whats up?

I have some high end DSLR stuff, but I went with that because it is stand alone, has the camera built in, good optical zoom, built in white LED lighting so weird colors from grow lights notnan issue, trusted name and nothing else required. I wish it was more than 3.1MP but that is the highest in that entire class. I did A LOT of research. There are much better ones if you give up the camera and attach to a laptop, but that can be a pain in the ass. I will let you know...says it is shipping in April.

Irish, check your pm

if the *color* is too far off, other quality criteria are immaterial, you're not going to be able to correct it by post-processing.

that's why pre-processing has worked so much better for me.

I haven't used an auto white-balance camera yet that would get me close enough so that I could finish the job later and keep things from looking hideous

I have some high end DSLR stuff, but I went with that because it is stand alone, has the camera built in, good optical zoom, built in white LED lighting so weird colors from grow lights notnan issue, trusted name and nothing else required. I wish it was more than 3.1MP but that is the highest in that entire class. I did A LOT of research. There are much better ones if you give up the camera and attach to a laptop, but that can be a pain in the ass. I will let you know...says it is shipping in April.
looks very cool i will keep an eye on this, just what i need.
if the *color* is too far off, other quality criteria are immaterial, you're not going to be able to correct it by post-processing.

that's why pre-processing has worked so much better for me.

I haven't used an auto white-balance camera yet that would get me close enough so that I could finish the job later and keep things from looking hideous
i just turn off the lights for pic time, might hurt my girls? but so far its been all good.
it's not a quality issue, it's a color issue

I'd be careful saying that out of context. :Rasta:

oh schnaps!

lol

lol

Irish thanks for the quick reply I appreciate the advice. Also thanks for all the informative journals you've got for the masses. I will record this next grow with the 2 X 290's per your advice and see how it goes!

Irish thanks for the quick reply I appreciate the advice. Also thanks for all the informative journals you've got for the masses. I will record this next grow with the 2 X 290's per your advice and see how it goes!

tell Mike you seen these lights on my thread and see if he is still giving out a discount? let me know what he says? saving a little money is always good. thanks for being apart of my grow my friend.

ya this is going to be a good harvest.. their just keep stacking every day.
here is a sneak peek to show you guys before their birthday.

100_46881.JPG
100_4710.JPG
100_4712.JPG

looking good irish:cheer:
Yes bigger pots are better with organic soil.I think organic soil used in a planter has les drainage and retains a lot of moisture.Not sure if the soil you are getting is mixed to drain well right out of the bag.If I were using organic soil I would mix it so that it can breath and maybe throw some big rocks or a layer of chunky pearlight at the bottom like a mini res.lol may be overboard but I notice you put a lot of attention like this in your hempys and your grows are always great.:goodjob:

Get 5 gallon airpots. The soil gets more air, the roots get more guidance to the air pruning holes, they are easily removed from plants, they're tons of reasons they're pretty awesome

Back
Top Bottom