480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

We need a sub forum just for LED Grows/ growers

oh yeah look at Staffys last grow also

Hahahah! That's all this forum is now. If you don't have the word LED in your grow title, you will get no traffic to your grow. Many many many great grows with tons of good info get overlooked because of this LED outbreak.

Smoketahchoke and others with doubts. Look at my grow I got the 2010 model Spectra 300's never grown before. Nor am I associated with GrowLEDHydro or Mike in any way.

Since there are so many crazy claims by all these new manufactures, unless someone shows a grow of what their lights can do I would not believe them or give them my money.

I lurked here for 2 months reading and reading before joining then buying my lights. I'm getting close to being done with my first grow with 3 strains

Oh no I believe in the lights. I just don't think that such expensive equipment is feasable when I got 4 clones I took today probably on the fast train to deadsville, after all the lights decide the maximum potential of your grow. The skill of the grower decides how close to the max the grow comes, and I feel that with led,Hid,or cfls I'm gonna screw so much stuff up that the lights wont matter as long as i got enough lumens to square foot.

On a side note once I get this stuff down one of Mikes 180 watters would be real nice on my 1x3 scrog space.... mm i can taste the buds that could make already.

I would love to take on kessil. in my opinion my panels would destroy those little flashlights. So hey Kessil if your out there reading this let's do this thing.

Hey GHL I'm a fan of the grows done with your lights but not of your prices(I'm just starting and paying that much for professional level equipment seems silly when my ineptitude is very likely to to cause failure.)

What you just said was pretty much What med21 said he just simplified(possibly over simplified) he currently has 4 lights and you stated that 8 280led lights would take the place of his 4 so he rounded down that 2 280's would replace 1 1kwatt or that 4 450's would take the place of his current light set so he rounded 1 for one. But I think when you gave those estimations you were speaking of core light saturation so those set ups may not work for other people.

ok apparently there's still a missinderstanding.. what I recommended is that four of my 280w panels will replace one 1000w hps or two of my 450w panels to replace one of 1000w hps.

led's are expensive, even for me to make. I'm not trying to push them on anyone and I totally understand it's a big investment, but if you want to grow more efficient and go green with a better over all longer lasting light my led's are the way to go plain and simple.

ok apparently there's still a missinderstanding.. what I recommended is that four of my 280w panels will replace one 1000w hps or two of my 450w panels to replace one of 1000w hps.

led's are expensive, even for me to make. I'm not trying to push them on anyone and I totally understand it's a big investment, but if you want to grow more efficient and go green with a better over all longer lasting light my led's are the way to go plain and simple.

Think of anything when it comes to possibility of smaller models than the 180?
:)

Splendid Irish, just splendid.

Your ways are true to how marijuana should be grown indoors, a little more dirt in the equation and your rocking exactly what I want in future setups.
(Have you experimented with adding soil to coco?)

Just sold my Nikon D5000 I should of hit you up. Have you tried turning the sharpness up to max with a picture edit program? I did that the other night on an old picture and it really makes Any and Every crystal shine off the picture. Ill post a pic if you wanna see what I mean...:peace:
ya i actually just did that mix on my Casey Jones, it needs allot of perlite because it will stay way too water logged IMO. i am going with Roots organic in this next grow same idea but more organics added.

i got a new pic edit program i am going to try to mess around with to see if i cam sharpen things up more, bottom line is my camera isnt the best and the problem is taking pics with leds on is always hard to do, but that room dosent really have any other lighting so its dark when leds are off. if i got a movable CFL then it would make a world of difference on pic quality
Smoketahchoke and others with doubts. Look at my grow I got the 2010 model Spectra 300's never grown before. Nor am I associated with GrowLEDHydro or Mike in any way.

Since there are so many crazy claims by all these new manufactures, unless someone shows a grow of what their lights can do I would not believe them or give them my money.

I lurked here for 2 months reading and reading before joining then buying my lights. I'm getting close to being done with my first grow with 3 strains
i can vouch for that! asked every question their was and did things right the 1st time. i knew what u were doing and knew you would have success.. plan before planting always works best
wow sh!t can really go down on these threads.

IRISH looks great man i wanna chop thoose nugs and throw them in a bowl of milk and eat them, so frosty and delicious lookin. well done! now i get confused wiht ur grow, are these ur using XG product? NO TEA? great job so ar anyway!!

OUTDOORSMAN: might not be exactly what ur talkin about, but most clones i got came in coco and i have planted them into soil pots. prob not totaly what ur thinking but they are growing lovely!
dont want to put them in milk but just packed a bowel with them, maybe cuddle with a cola at night.lol.

on these jacks i used XG products until about the 4-5 weeks of flowering when i got those problems, then i took things into my own hand and added some AO bloom and Budswell guano, cleared up the problems after that, they were just hungry and the Mykos30 didnt have enough food for them. my buddy just brewed that bountea and it got all crazy nd foamed over, looks to be great stuff and quality, ill keep you posted after he uses it for a while, ill use some also on my little girls. its very cost effective stuff. 1 gal of that tea will feed allot of plants because its either a 1:5 dilution or a 1:8 so every 1part tea you mix 5 parts water. so 1 gal of tea turns into 5 gal of water.
high irish--i mostly lurk here but a huge fan of yours and several others here-i'm doing something kinda crazy on 420 this year and am sorry to be jacking your thread to get attention on it but i hope you'll understand since everyone reads your thread heres the scoop it's not really organized or anything just a hair brained idea i need some help with getting enough people to show up for

i would like to get alot of peeps together in dc on 420 to protest for the legalization of pot---an in your face,thousands of people strong, loud but peacefull protest for the legalization of cannabis--
i myself have an extended van and a friend wth 1 also we both have them filled with others for the trip and would love if many thousands more showed up to help make a scene- so even if you cant make it please spread the word and hopefully you may tell some1 who'll show
maybe some folks would get folks together to protest in your own states capital on 420 also? if that would happen in several states at the same time as in dc it would be absolutely stupendous!!!
cool deal bro, i am sure people will see this post and know now.
Hahahah! That's all this forum is now. If you don't have the word LED in your grow title, you will get no traffic to your grow. Many many many great grows with tons of good info get overlooked because of this LED outbreak.
naa thats not true? is it? no theirs plenty of HID growers that have big threads. theirs also plenty of led threads that get not allot of followers.
Oh no I believe in the lights. I just don't think that such expensive equipment is feasable when I got 4 clones I took today probably on the fast train to deadsville, after all the lights decide the maximum potential of your grow. The skill of the grower decides how close to the max the grow comes, and I feel that with led,Hid,or cfls I'm gonna screw so much stuff up that the lights wont matter as long as i got enough lumens to square foot.

On a side note once I get this stuff down one of Mikes 180 watters would be real nice on my 1x3 scrog space.... mm i can taste the buds that could make already.
its all about the grower, then the whole room environment not just the lights. the main thing with leds are for quality, if thats not a big deal then CFL or HID would be a better choice.
I would love to take on kessil. in my opinion my panels would destroy those little flashlights. So hey Kessil if your out there reading this let's do this thing.

i dont even think i would watch that one, that light is suck a rip off, 30w or somthing for $250 is a joke and huge rip off, no foot print what so ever. look at the tomato pics its just a beam of light in a small area. basically the same thing as a flashlight. how would you even do a side x side with something like that?lol.. just saying i much rather see a different light go against urs. i get so many PM about these lights and black start and so many people trying to talk me into them that i gave up and told them they should just go for it and buy them, thats the answer they really wanted anyways.lol. i get so tried of 20 different PMs trying to get me to compare lights to yours and tell me to sale them on yours, like i am a sales person. saying these are cheaper and this and that, the real way to know is to learn from your mistakes. you have no clue how many PM's i get from others telling that i was right in the 1st place and they bought leds that dont work as claimed and should have went with urs from the get go and it would have been cheaper in the long run. my simple advise i tell everyone is look for grow journals dont ever go by what led company's tell you. the proof is in the journals, and what dosent reallt make sense is that you have a huge list of growers saying these GLH leds work great and everyone is having good results but people still want to buy other leds that have never even been tested or not grows done, i just dont understand it? i really dont. these things arnt cheap so why gamble?

as far as the miss understanding of the whole led and 1k hps things, i can see the misunderstanding. he uses 2-1000w per tray like it should be in those size trays, but mike was just talking about replacing just 1k of HPS and not thinking about how he was talking about each tray has 2-1k lights in it. so thats how he came up with his one 450w or two 280w lights were equal to 1k light.

What you just said was pretty much What med21 said he just simplified(possibly over simplified) he currently has 4 lights and you stated that 8 280led lights would take the place of his 4 so he rounded down that 2 280's would replace 1 1kwatt or that 4 450's would take the place of his current light set so he rounded 1 for one. But I think when you gave those estimations you were speaking of core light saturation so those set ups may not work for other people.

yup i see what ur saying. big miss understanding.

naa thats not true? is it? no theirs plenty of HID growers that have big threads. theirs also plenty of led threads that get not allot of followers.

I'm half joking and half sour I don't have a GLH unit yet. :) That 435w makes me get giggly thinking about using it scrog style.

:reading420magazine:

dont want to put them in milk but just packed a bowel with them, maybe cuddle with a cola at night.lol.

they don't get mad if you don't call ;)

On the subject of LED lights, I've seen the results other growers have had using GLH lights, and I also have first-hand experience, having used them for several grows now.

My Spectra 360 is fired up right now, as a matter of fact. I've been taking a break from journals, not growing :)

I recently got a second Suncourt 4" exhaust fan, so I'm running the exact same ventilation setup in each tent.

I've got the Spectra in one tent, and I'm running a 250w HPS in the other tent, open-hood.

The LED tent is running 3 degrees cooler than the HID tent, and that's more or less 360w vs 250w, which surprised me and is a *huge* benefit for my summer grows, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to match the yield of the Spectra 360 with my 250w HID, so more yield with less heat is a pretty good thing, yes?

My open-hood 250w HID is running at pretty much exactly the same temp as my 400w HID/air-cooled, for those interested in such things. Ditching the glass adds at least 10% more lumens, and not having the glass filter the spectrum also helps a bit, so there is that. Would make another interesting side-by-side, as if there were any lack of those ;).

In any case, Mike's light works really well for me, and that's why I'm currently running a grow with it.

I got no time for gear that doesn't produce.

I dont think you'll find much of a challenge from Kessil.
A local shop here has every color Kessil offers, even the purples lol in a demo tent and they are indeed worthless. Those "flashlights" :rofl: are the joke of the shop now.
They might make some good lighting for cool pics and that's it. The shop could'nt even get some basil seeds to sprout & grow under the things but the basil sprouted and is growing under an Illumigrow led and a Chameleon Plasma...A couple other lights a GLH would crush in a side by side.
They did move some trays of sprouts under the Kessils and they responded as if they were in the dark.

:nicethread: as always IB!! Lots of great info here! :Namaste:

Yo whats up everyone!! Just wanted to share a link to a know thread that was started using my one of my Spectra 240w panels side by side with a Blackstar 240w panel..

Hey Irish thanks for getting back, I asked because I have grown in FFOF and ROOTS atm but I thought a mix of the two would be great and they both have perlite so it would probably work good...

Im liking the roots but I was not aware of the lower ph requirements and such that come with soilless. Cleared that up but i can sure tell the difference between the two. Soil tends to care for itslef with all that life and activity going on while Roots needs more constant watering, flushing, feeding.

Any idea on what the probiotic life is like in soilless or coco? Takes time to establish or supplement from a bottle? Thanks man

did u add the budswell guano to the top of ur soil or made tea with it?
i got the 1gal tea one. tea is always better them adding to the soil, well it depends. adding dry to soil takes longer to break down, tea acts faster, also bubbling tea wakes up the micro life specially with earth worms casting. IMO the dry budswell bubbled would be the best idea.
I'm half joking and half sour I don't have a GLH unit yet. :) That 435w makes me get giggly thinking about using it scrog style.

:reading420magazine:
i really want to do a scrog grow always wanted to try it and might go for it soon in my tent. but i do here you leds do seem to flutter more in this forum, but its a nice place because of members like you that dont outcast us led user and everyone is friendly.
they don't get mad if you don't call ;)

On the subject of LED lights, I've seen the results other growers have had using GLH lights, and I also have first-hand experience, having used them for several grows now.

My Spectra 360 is fired up right now, as a matter of fact. I've been taking a break from journals, not growing :)

I recently got a second Suncourt 4" exhaust fan, so I'm running the exact same ventilation setup in each tent.

I've got the Spectra in one tent, and I'm running a 250w HPS in the other tent, open-hood.

The LED tent is running 3 degrees cooler than the HID tent, and that's more or less 360w vs 250w, which surprised me and is a *huge* benefit for my summer grows, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to match the yield of the Spectra 360 with my 250w HID, so more yield with less heat is a pretty good thing, yes?

My open-hood 250w HID is running at pretty much exactly the same temp as my 400w HID/air-cooled, for those interested in such things. Ditching the glass adds at least 10% more lumens, and not having the glass filter the spectrum also helps a bit, so there is that. Would make another interesting side-by-side, as if there were any lack of those ;).

In any case, Mike's light works really well for me, and that's why I'm currently running a grow with it.

I got no time for gear that doesn't produce.
very nice post.

i never know a open hood will make that much of a difference? crazy. so winter time open hood summer time aircooled all the way. this is very cool news about the leds temps that amazing, even since my new lights seem to be running cooler them my older models were from what i could see in the temps of my tent. from what i could see, but could just be me though?lol. it seemed the lights ran hotter at 1st then after a few min it was allot cooler from unplugging my old ones and throwing in the new ones right after another.
I dont think you'll find much of a challenge from Kessil.
A local shop here has every color Kessil offers, even the purples lol in a demo tent and they are indeed worthless. Those "flashlights" :rofl: are the joke of the shop now.
They might make some good lighting for cool pics and that's it. The shop could'nt even get some basil seeds to sprout & grow under the things but the basil sprouted and is growing under an Illumigrow led and a Chameleon Plasma...A couple other lights a GLH would crush in a side by side.
They did move some trays of sprouts under the Kessils and they responded as if they were in the dark.

:nicethread: as always IB!! Lots of great info here! :Namaste:
Bro you called it, way over priced and dosent works and it really gives leds a bad name, a hydro shop i was at has one of those Haight Solid State leds SS tested and they said leds were a joke because how it grew and it just really makes others get the bad ideas and think all leds are the same, the other thing people get twisted is thinking that all leds that use 3w leds or 12 colors are the same, people need to really do their homework and see what their buying. ill brag about Mikes leds all day because i know for a fact they work good and i want others to not get riped off from false company's. we work hard for our money! and leds arnt cheap. it just really gets to me sometimes (and no one here) but they PM me asking what leds do i think is best or witch leds i should buy and their cheap ones off of e-bay or a company making crazy claims. i work hard on all of these journals to help others out and feel like i am doing it for nothing, but i realize that every one person it dosent help i help 20 others. i dont do journals to brag about my plants or show them off i do them to help others not make the same mistakes i and others have. but some people what to only here one answer and the one i give them they dont like and want me to recommend a led ive never ever heard of and i wont do that, so they get made and try to convece me that their better leds and allot cheaper, so i get tired and dont want to argue over 20 post so i tell them simple dont take my advice or leave it and get it if you want. sure enough a few months latter they crying about how they lost all the savings and saying they should have listen. I just dont get it? lots of us have dont the dirty work for others to see whats what, ive spent years testing different leds and waisted so much of my yield because of this, once i found mikes lights ive had great results and haven't looked back, i wouldn't trade these leds for any leds ive at this point and time, trust me ive seen tones of leds grows and not one light that can match these IMO. i dont have time anymore to waist, if i found a better led and seen the proof i would trade up and use that, best i like having the best of the best, but i havent seen that day yet, i just see company's making BS claims.. its as simple as this! if a company says my 300w led cant match a 1k HPS then as simple as this ask them to see the proof that this claim is true. ill beat all the money you will never see some legit proof!!! its as simple as this i will take some random x-mass leds throw them in a unit sales them for $200 and they will match 4k of HPS.

the only and I mean the only reason why i went with Mikes lights to test in the start was because of 2 reasons, one he did make those crazy claims the other company's made about matching HPS.
2. he was the only one who offered me a high watt led unit the 600w instead of a 90w ufo or a 126w unit, and told me its a gift as a payment for doing a grow, if you do like it at the end sale it on ebay get 2k and bash my company all you want. and trust me i told him i didnt want to waist my time with leds anymore and would use my 1k HPS since it was cool so if i do this grow and lose yield i will bash ur company real bad because you waisted my time, he said deal. ask mike i really gave up on leds and didnt want to use his at 1st because i lost all hope because of other led company's making BS false claims. used his lights for the 1st time in my 600w grow on here and they meet my needs and some, and been using them ever since then. i dont care what leds anyone uses but please take my advice and do homework on what your going to buy, look for journals from a few trusted growers and see their results. Never Ever go by a company's claims when theirs no proof.

i am sorry to ramble on, but i think this needed to be said!
So much going on.

The Jacks just keep looking more beautiful every set of pictures.:cool:
thanks buddy wish we could blaze one up bro. these are the most frosty plants ive grown to this date, and their getting fatter and fatter.
Yo whats up everyone!! Just wanted to share a link to a know thread that was started using my one of my Spectra 240w panels side by side with a Blackstar 240w panel..
thanks ill check it out, get allot of PM's asking about those lights.
Hey Irish thanks for getting back, I asked because I have grown in FFOF and ROOTS atm but I thought a mix of the two would be great and they both have perlite so it would probably work good...

Im liking the roots but I was not aware of the lower ph requirements and such that come with soilless. Cleared that up but i can sure tell the difference between the two. Soil tends to care for itslef with all that life and activity going on while Roots needs more constant watering, flushing, feeding.

Any idea on what the probiotic life is like in soilless or coco? Takes time to establish or supplement from a bottle? Thanks man
from what ive read a mix of the 2 allot of people like it, never tried it. now RO is a soil but with coco but still not a soiless mix, they have a soiless mix and not sure if thats the one you have?

Setting Sun posted a coco soil mix the other day and sounds like its on point and would give that a try maybe if thats what your looking for. but FFOF and roots is said to be killer mixed together from what ive read but never tried it or seen the results. now coco is a thing thats more work and likes to be watered allot more, but never heard anything bad about the PH or roots PH? i know my SS#4 since it is peat base drops PH low. micro life takes a few weeks to kick in real good IMO and best to be in contact with the roots

IB, your posts can be very enjoyable to read.
I have a belief that in life we should live and do everything with passion. I grow with a very deep passion and it's always a pleasure to read the posts of another grower that has that same kind of passion in this art of cultivation.
I applaud the work you and Mike have done over the last year or so with these exceptional lights. I'm an hid guy thru and thru although I would definately consider GLH if I was starting from scratch. But there's no denying what the top of the line, can hold it's own with the best of 'em, top dawg on the porch, led light on the market is and that's GLH hands down.
Because of you, SS, and many others that has been proven.
Other growers coming to this thread should know by now they will get the ins and outs of growing with a GLH. More so GLH & organics. If they want to know or think some other light is better, grow the nads and put in the work like what you & SS have done and prove it like the cat in the link GrowLEDHydro posted.
The strangest thing with leds is the fly by night companies like Kessil that have popped up offering miracles. They remind me of the creepy auto body people that come into town after a hail storm offering discount repairs only to leave the cars in worse condition and the owner out several hundy. I dont ever recall any other grow product having that effect....except maybe pc grow boxes on ebay lol. :grinjoint:

Great grow Buddy, keep up the outstanding work :high-five:

Hey man thanks for making me check my bag of dirt for the third time, when you get a bag try and find the word soil on first glance, fucking game of i spy on this camo'd backdrop. Thought the stuff was a soilless with coco and every soil component, Thanks for clearing that up. + plus rep for deciphering my mumbo jumbo as well
:high-five:
Yeah had a PH prob on my Roadrunner, easyryders didnt mind the peat but after a couple flushes she cleared up. That must of been what it was, its one of the first few ingredients in the stuff. But of course I knew that Im just trying to keep you on your toes bro. ;) << thats a wink if its not clear lol

IB, your posts can be very enjoyable to read.
I have a belief that in life we should live and do everything with passion. I grow with a very deep passion and it's always a pleasure to read the posts of another grower that has that same kind of passion in this art of cultivation.
I applaud the work you and Mike have done over the last year or so with these exceptional lights. I'm an hid guy thru and thru although I would definately consider GLH if I was starting from scratch. But there's no denying what the top of the line, can hold it's own with the best of 'em, top dawg on the porch, led light on the market is and that's GLH hands down.
Because of you, SS, and many others that has been proven.
Other growers coming to this thread should know by now they will get the ins and outs of growing with a GLH. More so GLH & organics. If they want to know or think some other light is better, grow the nads and put in the work like what you & SS have done and prove it like the cat in the link GrowLEDHydro posted.
The strangest thing with leds is the fly by night companies like Kessil that have popped up offering miracles. They remind me of the creepy auto body people that come into town after a hail storm offering discount repairs only to leave the cars in worse condition and the owner out several hundy. I dont ever recall any other grow product having that effect....except maybe pc grow boxes on ebay lol. :grinjoint:

Great grow Buddy, keep up the outstanding work :high-five:

thanks for the post buddy.

growing is my true passion and i love being in my garden and growing the best meds i can. i have so much fun and take pride in my gardens and spend every min i can in their. this is how i look at leds. their a option for growers who cant grow because of heat issues like i have in the summer. their not for out yielding HPS using 1/2 the watts like allot of company's have claimed. they are a way of getting better quality out of ur meds without losing yield. i love all lights that make us able to enjoy these beautiful pants. i love every light and have most out their, HPS,MH,CFL,Led and respect everyone of them, i just like what these leds bring to my harvest more and thats why i use them. HPS is a bad ass light and always will be. different things meet others needs and all that matters is that we get out meds and are happy with what we get.

that is a very funny way of looking at the fly by led company's. LMAO!

Hey man thanks for making me check my bag of dirt for the third time, when you get a bag try and find the word soil on first glance, fucking game of i spy on this camo'd backdrop. Thought the stuff was a soilless with coco and every soil component, Thanks for clearing that up. + plus rep for deciphering my mumbo jumbo as well
:high-five:
Yeah had a PH prob on my Roadrunner, easyryders didnt mind the peat but after a couple flushes she cleared up. That must of been what it was, its one of the first few ingredients in the stuff. But of course I knew that Im just trying to keep you on your toes bro. ;) << thats a wink if its not clear lol

always good to keep me on my toes bro.lol

that camo can be hard to read stuff in, but i wasnt sure because Root organic makes a soiless mix also thats organics mixed in coco, so wasnt too sure what you had at 1st.

Back
Top Bottom