4x4' Tent - Canna Coco - 400W HPS - Vertical Grow With Screens

Well BC1 does not look any better today. Below is the spreed sheet I keep with every new mix I make. As you can see I check the rez prior to making any mix, then I adjusted the new mix to get the desired Rez after readings.

Today's numbers
Mix
630 ppm, 5.79 pH
Rez Prior
515 ppm, 5.91 pH
Rez After
536 ppm, 5.88 pH

Using GH Micro, GH Bloom, Epsom, Cannazym, SM 90 and Drip Clean.

I am very stumped over this and can think of no action to take. Can I flush with very low nutes/gal and pH'ed to 5.8, then get back to the rez after numbers. Someone said I needed to increase my ppm's that my numbers are really low. Well, all I can do is watch and pay close attention to see if there is any change in growth. What a fucking time for this shit to come about.

GR

PPM looks good. Have you calibrated your ph pen?

V:bongrip:

Yea Vlad,

Thanks for the response.
Yes I just got a new electrode for it last week and calibrated then.

I will do it again for good measure and to be on the safe side.

That is around where I like to run my nutes, was suggested I increase my nutes, but I don't think that is a good idea for a constant feed situation.
I guess will just have to play the wait and see game. Should know in a couple of days if it is going to come out of this or not.

Oh, at your suggestion I just did a recalibration of my pH meter, this mornings readings were 5.88 and just now it was 5.87 so as I said will just have to wait and see.

Like your thread BTW, nice shaping job.

GR

Call mag for the fussy one mate

Thanks bud,

My thoughts exactly, that is the only thing I have not used from previous grow. It raises the ppm considerably, so that is why I eliminated it. But with my next mix I will be adding it again. Just was so dependent on H3ad's formula, well my modification of it, that I thought I could eliminate it.

Going to see how this flush does first. Being in the golf maintenance biz for 35 yrs taught me to wait for any results before moving on to something new.

Your thoughts are much appreciated

GR!

For sure my hypothesis is either nitrogen toxicity (doubtful ) of Cal mag issue, is the new growth as in the size of the leaves are they smaller and fluoroer if so it's cal mag

fluoroer?
Ues they are smaller and thinner.
Adding cal/mag today, going to drain both rez's, wash them and add new mix inc. Cal/Mag.
Thanks for the info, big help here.

I did drop the light to where the top of the fixture is even with the top of the plants. That is where I read the light should be after stretch. Going to check them with the light meter this evening when the lights come back on.

GR

I can get my plant's within inches if temps are stable which they are me with a 600 generaly 12 inches from tops is where I have it.

If a 400 I go about 8 inches, this is if you can keep canopy temp around 27 Max 29 celcius this applies to distance from bulb sideways to canopy whether vert or flat for me, so your all good up and down ways now the fixture is even with the tops now just keep the canopy at the right distance and watch temps, light bleaching etc

I can get my plant's within inches if temps are stable which they are me with a 600 generaly 12 inches from tops is where I have it.

If a 400 I go about 8 inches, this is if you can keep canopy temp around 27 Max 29 celcius this applies to distance from bulb sideways to canopy whether vert or flat for me, so your all good up and down ways now the fixture is even with the tops now just keep the canopy at the right distance and watch temps, light bleaching etc

Thanks again there P,

Ok removed the nute mix in the primary and secondary rez'z, made a new mix including Cal/Mag, backed off the Epsom to 0.5 grams per gallon, lower the Micro to 2.5 ml and Bloom to 4 ml per gallon, used full rate of Cannazym, SM90 and Drip Clean. Ppm is at 590, and pH is 5.81.
I can tilt the screens to put the top close but can't do much with the bottom. On my next vert I am going to have the screen closest to the bulb which should give me all the room I need to get it within 8 or less inches. Have never had light bleaching with HPS but have with LED's. Don't think temps will be a problem, running 79 to 81 F with lights on and 68 to 71 with lights off.
more updates later.
GR

Nice work man.

(
Thanks again there P,

Ok removed the nute mix in the primary and secondary rez'z, made a new mix including Cal/Mag, backed off the Epsom to 0.5 grams per gallon, lower the Micro to 2.5 ml and Bloom to 4 ml per gallon, used full rate of Cannazym, SM90 and Drip Clean. Ppm is at 590, and pH is 5.81.
I can tilt the screens to put the top close but can't do much with the bottom. On my next vert I am going to have the screen closest to the bulb which should give me all the room I need to get it within 8 or less inches. Have never had light bleaching with HPS but have with LED's. Don't think temps will be a problem, running 79 to 81 F with lights on and 68 to 71 with lights off.
more updates later.
GR

Just don't get it I guess, the plants just don't look happy, or maybe seeing them wrong. They will be 3 weeks into flower on Tuesday, planned on doing some minor defo tomorrow as that is what I have read that needs to be done to vertical grows. It is recommended that you remove larf and large fans that are blocking bud sites. I have been tucking leaves behind the screen and only removing them when the bud site has leaves large enough to support the site.

The BC1 still looks like shit, and it just looks to me as if the other two BC's are looking like they are getting thin leaves, all three it is occurring at the upper 8" or so.

Am going to pull the out of the tent tomorrow and check them out good. Have found no pest on the plant, I did find a centipede on the floor of the tent yesterday, but they do not damage or feed on plant material, figure he just squeezed thru one of the tied ports in the tent. So I am at a loss, or guess I am just stumped.

Maybe try switching nutes, I do have a couple of sample bottles of GH cocotek or maybe get some Canna nutes.

Well I will get some pics to post before I make any moves.

GR

Yep tuck instead of defol where possible as for the leaf curl when I have had similar symptoms it's either N toxicity or cal mag .

Today is day 20 of 12/12

Well things are not much better today. I am really not seeing any growth on any of the plants since I first noticed the problem, what every it is, a few days ago.
I did very minor degf, mainly tucked fans behind screen. Removed maybe a hand full total from all the plants.

Today's numbers
Mix
558, 5.59 pH
Rez Prior
539 ppm,6.04 pH
Rez After
542 ppm, 5.79 pH

The mix ppm's remain the same as I made a new mix out of the old rez mix but adjusted the pH down. The pH seems to climb on me a bit, When I checked it last night I was 5.91 and this morning it was 6.04

I do think I am going to change nutes, I have to into the city to get them so it may not be till later this week. I do have some GH nutes for coco but thinking of going Canna Nutes. I have to get this shit under control. I have lost over a week now with very little growth. I want to see how the addition of Cal/Mag does before I decide to switch.

This morning pics!
20160829_085615.jpg
20160829_085604.jpg
20160829_085548.jpg
20160829_085537.jpg
20160829_085523.jpg
20160829_085436_2_.jpg

Later,

GR

I think you are right photos on the N toxicity. The most curled are the new ones and all the plants leaves are very dark.

Man, my ppm are very low, 500 to 600. Today's were below 550, guess I am going to switch nute, to coc specific. This shit is messing with me.

GR

So, I am going with N toxicity, removed 8 gallons from the 11 +/- gallons in the rez. Did remix and now we have 322 ppm and 5.82 pH. Going to run with this for a bit and see what we get. Can't keep doing the same ol' shit and expect it to get any better.

Thanks to all for their help and suggestions.
GR

Tomorrow AM gonna flush each 2 gallon smart pot with 200 ppm mix of nutes then return to the 300 +/- ppm and 5.8 to 6.0 pH.

If you do think it is toxicity, then what I do is flush with R/O water, or distilled or spring water. I add Epsom salts to it and very low nutrients, like 200-300 ppm.

But honestly, it looks like this one very tiny bug my buddy got once. He had to use his PC microscope to see them. Couldn't see them with a 60x loop. I forgot what they were called, but it is very localized and spreads slowly.

They effected a branch at a time. The leaves would curl up and thin.

Try spraying with stuff that kills spidermites like floramite or something strong. I think he used Azamite or something strong.

Back
Top Bottom