600W LED Grow

re: GLH 600W LED Grow

If a 600w light, using 3w LEDs cant produce a decent yield from 4 plants,
then there wont be any point of talking about LEDs anymore for growing weed.

I sort of feel that is the case already, but this test will absolutely settle it.
Its judgment time for LEDs, and it all rests on you Irish!

I also feel like, if i have to use 600w of power to get results, id want a lot more plants than 4 under the light, but im not criticizing your choice here, im glad you are only using 4, because as i say, if 600w cant do anything with just 4 plants, LEDs are going to be obsolete for marijuana, good for veg only.

Wish i had a time machine to skip forward a few months!

If a 600w light, using 3w LEDs cant produce a decent yield from 4 plants,
then there wont be any point of talking about LEDs anymore for growing weed.

I sort of feel that is the case already, but this test will absolutely settle it.
Its judgment time for LEDs, and it all rests on you Irish!

I also feel like, if i have to use 600w of power to get results, id want a lot more plants than 4 under the light, but im not criticizing your choice here, im glad you are only using 4, because as i say, if 600w cant do anything with just 4 plants, LEDs are going to be obsolete for marijuana, good for veg only.

Wish i had a time machine to skip forward a few months!

$hit the pressure is on me now..lol..
i chose 4 because thats what i felt was best for this test, i could do a least 6 medium plants under it. but i want to see what 4 big plants can do under it?

I don't think one grow is going to settle it all do you? I mean, it is going to take dialing in, just as other grows take. Once you get working with one unit, grow after grow, you get better in dealing with that unit. LED's are not quite like HID when it comes to placement, etc. There are very fine lines, and it's hard to stay within those lines.

Don't fret the pressure irish, because no matter what happens here, people will continue to buy his units and do things their own way, doing worse, or better than what you will do here.

I like your grow will be bomb, as this is unrestricted, straight up Irishboy style right here!

Let's not put so much pressure on the LED's guys...they are new technology and we are in the early developments....which are also progressing at a very rapid rate. So stay tuned...

-GO

I don't think one grow is going to settle it all do you? I mean, it is going to take dialing in, just as other grows take. Once you get working with one unit, grow after grow, you get better in dealing with that unit. LED's are not quite like HID when it comes to placement, etc. There are very fine lines, and it's hard to stay within those lines.

Don't fret the pressure irish, because no matter what happens here, people will continue to buy his units and do things their own way, doing worse, or better than what you will do here.

I like your grow will be bomb, as this is unrestricted, straight up Irishboy style right here!

Let's not put so much pressure on the LED's guys...they are new technology and we are in the early developments....which are also progressing at a very rapid rate. So stay tuned...

-GO

for sure.. i am going to just do what i do and how i like it. others will do worst and others will do better. thats just how it is. if i get a good haul then ill keep using the light and fine tune my grows around it

ok the girls have been under the light for 24hr. and they are taking to it good. their already perking up. i thought they would be lagging for a few days because of all of the stress they went threw. the car ride home from picking them up, usaly put stress on them. i think starting the light out around 30" was a smart move, tomorrow if they still look to be doing ok ill maybe lover the light 1" or so. until i get to 20-24". i just want to harden them off first before they get any light closer to them. temps are staying at around 77-78F*. i hope they will be strong enoff in a week to start to LST them

Thanks for doing this test irish, hey at least you get a free light out of it! Too bad the clones on your last grow were inconsistent, makes me think they may not have all been from the same mother and you ran into some phenotypical variation akin to less-stabilized strains grown from seed. I've talked with some dispensaries before and they have said they couldn't guarantee all clones came from the same mother...guess we just have to do it ourselves if we want that...

$hit the pressure is on me now..lol..
i chose 4 because thats what i felt was best for this test, i could do a least 6 medium plants under it. but i want to see what 4 big plants can do under it?

No, four plants is plenty if you're going to try and grow them taller, even with some LST. This should help show how good the penetration will be using a 600w light also. Some folks just won't want to change their growing habits even if it will give them better results by doing so. A panel this size might be the last stop for those who still want to grow 4ft or taller, also.

----

Irish, do you have a watt-meter or something you can find out what the current usage actually is? Would be interesting to see what a mix of 3w and 1w emitters will draw on the same board.

Also, is every space in the board filled with LEDs, or are there gaps which are not lit up (on purpose)?

I noticed the website doesn't list where the LEDs are made - anyone know if they are from the USA, or Asian-made? I figure most manufacturers will list 'made in the USA' as a selling point if that's the case.

Thanks for your time bro... :popcorn:

Regards,

-TL

Thanks for doing this test irish, hey at least you get a free light out of it! Too bad the clones on your last grow were inconsistent, makes me think they may not have all been from the same mother and you ran into some phenotypical variation akin to less-stabilized strains grown from seed. I've talked with some dispensaries before and they have said they couldn't guarantee all clones came from the same mother...guess we just have to do it ourselves if we want that...

No, four plants is plenty if you're going to try and grow them taller, even with some LST. This should help show how good the penetration will be using a 600w light also. Some folks just won't want to change their growing habits even if it will give them better results by doing so. A panel this size might be the last stop for those who still want to grow 4ft or taller, also.

----

Irish, do you have a watt-meter or something you can find out what the current usage actually is? Would be interesting to see what a mix of 3w and 1w emitters will draw on the same board.

Also, is every space in the board filled with LEDs, or are there gaps which are not lit up (on purpose)?

I noticed the website doesn't list where the LEDs are made - anyone know if they are from the USA, or Asian-made? I figure most manufacturers will list 'made in the USA' as a selling point if that's the case.

Regards,

-TL
I can tell you every spot on the board is filled, no gaps, just intensity.

Hey Irish, those plants 4ft yet?

ya i couldn't say if they were from the same mom or not? but i didn't see that much diff between the strains expect for how the lights made them grow. why couldn't it be the different lights that made them inconsistent? i mean if you do a side by side with MH and DPS wont it be inconsistent? of cfl and hps? you see what i am saying?

No, four plants is plenty if you're going to try and grow them taller, even with some LST. This should help show how good the penetration will be using a 600w light also. Some folks just won't want to change their growing habits even if it will give them better results by doing so. A panel this size might be the last stop for those who still want to grow 4ft or taller,

i plan on them finishing around 4ft. i think this will show the penetration really good. plus i want to see how the light grows a taller plant. i will probley hit 12/12 at around 24"
----

i dont bro. you might want to ask Mike i am sure he knows what they drawl?

Any time their are lights not lie up, it means their IR leds. we just cant see them with our eyes. so yes every space is filled up

i belive their made in China like the rest. a company would say made in the usa if they were for sure because that is a big plus.

any time brother

ya i couldn't say if they were from the same mom or not? but i didn't see that much diff between the strains expect for how the lights made them grow. why couldn't it be the different lights that made them inconsistent? i mean if you do a side by side with MH and DPS wont it be inconsistent? of cfl and hps? you see what i am saying?

No, four plants is plenty if you're going to try and grow them taller, even with some LST. This should help show how good the penetration will be using a 600w light also. Some folks just won't want to change their growing habits even if it will give them better results by doing so. A panel this size might be the last stop for those who still want to grow 4ft or taller,

i plan on them finishing around 4ft. i think this will show the penetration really good. plus i want to see how the light grows a taller plant. i will probley hit 12/12 at around 24"
----

i dont bro. you might want to ask Mike i am sure he knows what they drawl?

Any time their are lights not lie up, it means their IR leds. we just cant see them with our eyes. so yes every space is filled up

i belive their made in China like the rest. a company would say made in the usa if they were for sure because that is a big plus.

any time brother

Just because clones come from the same mother doesn't mean they are all going to grow the same way...or everyone would be identical to our siblings...everything adapts to its environment differently...is that a good analogy?...LOL
If you cut 100 clones from a mother some will be runts or be stressed for different reasons..

Just because clones come from the same mother doesn't mean they are all going to grow the same way...or everyone would be identical to our siblings...everything adapts to its environment differently...is that a good analogy?...LOL
If you cut 100 clones from a mother some will be runts or be stressed for different reasons..

i agree but the diff will be very little. just look a Rumple he has been growing the same strain from the same mom for 3yrs and he says they all grow the same. thats how he know excalty when to flower how long to veg, what hight his plant will get, and everything. but ya its the enviorment that changes thing, not the mom. unless you get a genetic drift from over time. all i am saying you cant rule out each light and say they didnt do any thing to change the results.

this is why a side x side is a waist of time because at the end you get hit with that.lol

i agree but the diff will be very little. just look a Rumple he has been growing the same strain from the same mom for 3yrs and he says they all grow the same. thats how he know excalty when to flower how long to veg, what hight his plant will get, and everything. but ya its the enviorment that changes thing, not the mom. unless you get a genetic drift from over time. all i am saying you cant rule out each light and say they didnt do any thing to change the results.

this is why a side x side is a waist of time because at the end you get hit with that.lol

He does one plant at a time I believe irish or very few...someone cutting a 1 0r 2 dozen clones at a time I'm sure will get a couple that won't make it. Actually I should rephrase that since given enough time they do grow out too but its hard in equality tests...ask your despensary they do tons of clones and I'm sure are dealing with more varied results.

I have some hempy pics in my gallery- works great - it's simply 1/2 perlite-1/2 vermiculite.I put a 2" layer of hydroton in the bottom of the container-then drill your little "over-flow valve" just above 2" from the bottom up.Pack your 50/50 medium in with your favorite plant-water until you get seepage from your overflow hole-then gauge as usual.I go by container weight.Usually within a couple days, the pelite-vermiculite mix will have pulled all your resources from your lil 2" deep res.Bucket size depending of course.This was my intro to hydro-culture, it works well, and is very easy to maintain.My favorite "soil-less mix" method.

I have some hempy pics in my gallery- works great - it's simply 1/2 perlite-1/2 vermiculite.I put a 2" layer of hydroton in the bottom of the container-then drill your little "over-flow valve" just above 2" from the bottom up.Pack your 50/50 medium in with your favorite plant-water until you get seepage from your overflow hole-then gauge as usual.I go by container weight.Usually within a couple days, the pelite-vermiculite mix will have pulled all your resources from your lil 2" deep res.Bucket size depending of course.This was my intro to hydro-culture, it works well, and is very easy to maintain.My favorite "soil-less mix" method.

So the water is replaced every couple of days so no worries of standing water...gotcha!

So the water is replaced every couple of days so no worries of standing water...gotcha!

Yeah man, easy as can be.The medium is neutral,and light- so it's very easy to push or flush.Hassle-free hydro.Not as speedy as an active system of course, but not too shabby either.Very easy to control.And you can get rollin for a very modest initial investment

Hey irish I was checking out your set up and last night I was learning about growing using the Hempy Method...it's suppose to be super simple and some swear by its results...I'm still trying to figure out how things work since I didn't think you should have roots sitting in still water...do you know anything about it?

Passive Hydro
if you look threw google you can find some DIY on how to make them.
they do work great because ur roots will have lots of air, plus they dont have to fight to grow the perlite like they do with soil. the one bad thing about the hempy method is you can get cal/mag deff easy, since perlite dosent retian water and nutes to well like soil dose. use some cal/mag plus and ur good to go. i kinda use a hempy style grow with these plants. works real great when it cold. you will have to water every 2-3 days. you also dont get all of those soil bugs.

Back
Top Bottom