By chance did any of your research speak to ingesting CO Q-10 to help with absorption ? I do not inhale, all edibles fer me. Lots of peeps that do edibles add Lecithin to their recipe, I tried it once and thought the amount of Lecithin you have to add to your recipe fer it to work was in my opinion ridicilous. I believe you must add an ounce to an ounce and a half Lecithin to each dose in order to help with absorption through the liver. I could be wrong though in my interpretation. I use CO Q-10 alongside My edibles. I have zero experience with CBD , just my two cents which may make no sense.
Great start on your journal Mel I like Autos too. Happy growing.
:passitleft:
Thanks NFW!
I've seen CO Q-10 mentioned, but I haven't looked into it.
I use lecithin in my edibles, but only about 15ml per 500ml of oil. I add it while making the oil, and some more when making some recipes like gummies.

Lots of peeps that do edibles add Lecithin to their recipe, I tried it once and thought the amount of Lecithin you have to add to your recipe fer it to work was in my opinion ridicilous. I believe you must add an ounce to an ounce and a half Lecithin to each dose in order to help with absorption through the liver.
Liquid sunflower lecithin (LSL) is added as an emulsifier (never heard it had to do with the liver though) at 1Tbs/8oz of oil. After mixing it together (much easier when the oil is hot), leave the oil in the fridge overnight to bind the mix together.

When added after infusion, LSL increases the tested amount of THC in the mix. You can read about that starting here.

Day 8

These seeds that won't pop are kinda making me feel like I lost my mojo, except I also started my neighbour's seeds for him. 4 seeds, all successful.
They were in the same setup as mine, at the same time as the first round, when my CBD Lemon auto popped.

CBD Lemon auto - day 8

Liquid sunflower lecithin (LSL) is added as an emulsifier (never heard it had to do with the liver though) at 1Tbs/8oz of oil. After mixing it together (much easier when the oil is hot), leave the oil in the fridge overnight to bind the mix together.

When added after infusion, LSL increases the tested amount of THC in the mix. You can read about that starting here.
Thanks Shed!
I've never seen the liquid lecithin before, but that might be because I haven't looked.:)

Sorry about your sprouting troubles Mel. When mine don't want to start I usually turn up the heat.
Well, they're on a heat mat under a dome. I can cover it with a towel to warm it up a bit.

Have you got a temp probe in there? I work really hard to keep the peat at 80ºF.
Nope. I ordered a heat mat with a thermostat last year.
Instead, they sent me two without thermostats.
When I emailed them to inquire as to why I didn't get a response, but a $10 and some odd cents refund was sent to me through PayPal.

Thank you.
:passitleft:

Day 9

I meant to get this up before I went to dinner, but there was a little bit of a time crunch, lol.
Not much has changed. She's still rolling along solo.

CBD Lemon auto - day 9

I use the temp probe from my multimeter in the actual peat while the mat thermostat is taped to the mat!
Mine doesn't have probes, but it came with a fan, so it's not exactly top of the line, lol.
I'm switching back to my older method of using the cable box. It works better than the heat mats.
Another case of "don't fuck with what works".

Day 10
Not a lot going on. She's working on her second set of leaves.

CBD Lemon auto - day 10

I love them when they’re little.

Veg is such a fun time.
I'm always nervous I'm going to kill them when they're tiny like this.
And without the daily pics it's hard to tell if they're still growing sometimes.

Something @LKABudMan said about how he sprouts seeds stuck in my head.
It was about covering them with a chunk of the medium he sprouts them in, and it occurred to me that it would be easy to do that with these peat pods, and would also make it possible to check if the seeds have sprouted without disturbing them.
So I did that with one of the pellets I put on top of the cable box. After my coffee kicked in I remembered to check that one.

:D

Day 10
Not a lot going on. She's working on her second set of leaves.

CBD Lemon auto - day 10

I'm always nervous I'm going to kill them when they're tiny like this.
And without the daily pics it's hard to tell if they're still growing sometimes.
I’m the same way, until they get about 3-4 leaves they’re ez to kill. CL🍀

I’m the same way, until they get about 3-4 leaves they’re ez to kill. CL🍀
Very true.
:cheer:

I thought that was standard operating procedure with peat pucks and rapid rooters. Were you leaving the hole uncovered?
No, I was treating it like soil and smoothing it over them, rather than using a chunk which can be removed and replaced as needed.

Day 11

Both the new seeds are still in the process of sprouting.
I'm going to have to be a bit mysterious about them for now.
Why?
Well, for one of them all I know is the lineage, and for the other the breeder is a former sponsor who shall not be mentioned. As you may have gathered these were the backups.
We'll call them Lemon OGx, and SLHx.
If they're fully up tomorrow I'll transplant them and start counting days.
CBD Lemon auto is ready to start getting a light dose of nutes, so that will start with her next watering.

CBD Lemon auto - day 11

Back
Top Bottom