Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

I did break one of the bulbs in the flower tent rearranging things. That sucked. Have to buy a new bulb now. Actually I already bought it and waiting for delivery.

Moved the exhaust fan to the end for better airflow through the tent.

Sorry to hear about the broken lamp!!

good eye Al!!

purple stems are often genetics, but your right, that looks more then just genetics. Good eye!

Thanks, BLS. Good to see you!

Since I had grown these guys earlier I knew what they should look like. After clearing the root rot I noticed the stalks and stems began greening while they had been purple even down the main stalk. That convinced me it wasn't a normal variation.

The new bulb came today! Yay! As long as it works when I plug it in we're good. :nervous-guy:

One of these days I'm gonna pull out the NextLight Mega and give it a go. I'll have to figure out if it has a dimmer or how to hook one up. All in due time.

How's BLS? The wife? The kid(s)? I hope very well.

Hot damn! Your sitting on a gold mine brother!! Haven’t even plugged in the mega yet eh!? I’ve got the core, and the core kicks ass. I’ve saw others grow with the mega, and it lives up to its name. I have no doubt you will be pleased!

asfar as I know, you just plug the mega in to the wall, and let her do er’ magic!

the wife is good, the baby’s good, and the toddler is good. The baby has been really gassy and has done a lot of screaming/crying as of the last couple days. Not sure if it’s something the wife has been eating or what. But she’s snoozing really good right now. Since about 8am. It’s 11am right now. Didn’t do awful over night for being awake, but it wasn’t great either. Was awake a couple times through the night.

The toddler is at day care today playing with her friends. I know it comes with the territory of her age, but she’s been whining a lot lately, and throwing fits for the silliest of things... mom and dad needed a break from her.

The wife is, well... sleep deprived, but she’s been finding times in the day to sleep when the baby is sleeping while I’m at work. I took the day off because, well... it’s Canada day. So we’re just relaxing in peace and quiet. Once the light comes on, I’ll need to feed the plants and possibly harvest a plant. I’m just trying to catch up on the mag, haven’t had much time, and I got super behind!

sorry for the long reply!!

One of these days I'm gonna pull out the NextLight Mega and give it a go. I'll have to figure out if it has a dimmer or how to hook one up. All in due time.
Hi ’fornia :ciao:

FYI @Mr. Krip is doing a journal featuring a NextLight and posted just yesterday about dimming it - starting here.

I’m not sure if it’s the same model as yours but it is a NextLight

Kudos for all your hard work getting these plants through a funk I hope their recovery continues well for you!

FYI @Mr. Krip is doing a journal featuring a NextLight and posted just yesterday about dimming it - starting here.

Kudos for all your hard work getting these plants through a funk I hope their recovery continues well for you!
There are two versions of the MEGA and only one has the dimmer function. If yours has it, you'll see two Ethernet (COM) ports on the top of your light. You just connect an Ethernet cable between the light and the dimmer, and it's done!

You can see what it looks like in this post: 420 Magazine Sponsored Grow Extravaganza Featuring NextLight Mega, GeoFlora Nutes & More!

I did break one of the bulbs in the flower tent rearranging things. That sucked. Have to buy a new bulb now. Actually I already bought it and waiting for delivery.

Moved the exhaust fan to the end for better airflow through the tent.

Hi Alafornia. Going to enjoy going back to the beginning of your journal. I'll catch up.:green_heart::(

Hi ya Back hahaha. Time to catch up. At page 132 since I haven't been hanging out here since November! I think I will do an all auto outdoor grow. Ordering seeds tomorrow. See if I can get in the groove of growing again. I am excited. Can't grow at my new place. My roommates boyfriend said I can grow there. Since its late in starting figured autos. It's great to :green_heart: be back! Woohoo.
Catching up on you through Ala's thread. Congratulations on the new baby. Sounds like life's good.

Hi ya Back hahaha. Time to catch up. At page 132 since I haven't been hanging out here since November! I think I will do an all auto outdoor grow. Ordering seeds tomorrow. See if I can get in the groove of growing again. I am excited. Can't grow at my new place. My roommates boyfriend said I can grow there. Since its late in starting figured autos. It's great to :green_heart: be back! Woohoo.
Catching up on you through Ala's thread. Congratulations on the new baby. Sounds like life's good.
You bet! Thank you so much!! Life is good indeed! We’re all a bit sleep deprived but the sleep will slowly come back, and the small baby won’t be here forever lol... gotta do my best to enjoy these times!!

I’ve got an auto outdoors this year. It’s in flower right now, probably only the first week though. She’s doing pretty good!!

We're going to multiquote, @InTheShed style!

Hot damn! Your sitting on a gold mine brother!! Haven’t even plugged in the mega yet eh!? I’ve got the core, and the core kicks ass. I’ve saw others grow with the mega, and it lives up to its name. I have no doubt you will be pleased!

asfar as I know, you just plug the mega in to the wall, and let her do er’ magic!

the wife is good, the baby’s good, and the toddler is good. The baby has been really gassy and has done a lot of screaming/crying as of the last couple days. Not sure if it’s something the wife has been eating or what. But she’s snoozing really good right now. Since about 8am. It’s 11am right now. Didn’t do awful over night for being awake, but it wasn’t great either. Was awake a couple times through the night.

The toddler is at day care today playing with her friends. I know it comes with the territory of her age, but she’s been whining a lot lately, and throwing fits for the silliest of things... mom and dad needed a break from her.

The wife is, well... sleep deprived, but she’s been finding times in the day to sleep when the baby is sleeping while I’m at work. I took the day off because, well... it’s Canada day. So we’re just relaxing in peace and quiet. Once the light comes on, I’ll need to feed the plants and possibly harvest a plant. I’m just trying to catch up on the mag, haven’t had much time, and I got super behind!

sorry for the long reply!!

Glad the fam is well. Hope you guys get some sleep. I remember those days.

I haven't opened the box on the Mega yet. I've been...preoccupied/busy.

Amy! Good to see you. Thank you for the kind words. I remarked to myself today at lunch how much better the girls look. I'll try to get a pic or three posted this evening.

There are two versions of the MEGA and only one has the dimmer function. If yours has it, you'll see two Ethernet (COM) ports on the top of your light. You just connect an Ethernet cable between the light and the dimmer, and it's done!

You can see what it looks like in this post: 420 Magazine Sponsored Grow Extravaganza Featuring NextLight Mega, GeoFlora Nutes & More!

Good to know. I'll have to open her up and if the port is there buy a dimmer. The pics help a visual learner. Thank you!

Hi Alafornia. Going to enjoy going back to the beginning of your journal. I'll catch up.:green_heart::(

Are you a sight for sore eyes! I've missed you.

Good to see you @Newfun

Ain't it though!

I'm glad you have a place to grow. That is awesome!

Sorry for the spam, Al. I am up to page 132 since I was MIA since November. I'll be back later or tomorrow and spam you more. Lol. Praise and blessings to you, Tangled and the boys.

No worries. Thank you so much for taking the time and offering your kindness.

You bet! Thank you so much!! Life is good indeed! We’re all a bit sleep deprived but the sleep will slowly come back, and the small baby won’t be here forever lol... gotta do my best to enjoy these times!!

I’ve got an auto outdoors this year. It’s in flower right now, probably only the first week though. She’s doing pretty good!!

From experience, take a deep breath (cannabis infused or not) and enjoy it as much as you can. Before you know it they'll be asshole teenagers. :D

Hey! Nice multiquote:laughtwo:
haven't opened the box on the Mega yet. I've been...preoccupied/busy.
Understandable :thumb:

Ain't it though!
It sure is! :high-five:

From experience, take a deep breath (cannabis infused or not) and enjoy it as much as you can. Before you know it they'll be asshole teenagers. :D
:laughtwo:I believe you! Feels like I was just going through this with our first... she’s three now. Crazy how fast time flys by without even realizing it! I’m going to hang onto these young ladies for as long as I can. (Or at least until they’re 18, then it’s out the door your on your own!) lol just kidding.

Hey! Nice multiquote:laughtwo:

Understandable :thumb:

It sure is! :high-five:

:laughtwo:I believe you! Feels like I was just going through this with our first... she’s three now. Crazy how fast time flys by without even realizing it! I’m going to hang onto these young ladies for as long as I can. (Or at least until they’re 18, then it’s out the door your on your own!) lol just kidding.

I miss my oldest like crazy (in her 20s). It will get here before you know it. I didn't quite believe everyone when they said that to me, but it's true. Soak it in, man.

Pics below. There’s some leftover milk on the leaves. It’s not a problem to me. The leaves have really darkened to a nice deep green and there are very few yellowed leaves. These girls are finally back on track.

Sorry to hear about (and missing) the root rot. How did you tackle it in the end? I don't care about the microherd so I always use H2O2 for any root issues and have been successful enough to recommend it.

I have been testing citric acid spray for PM for the last month or so (in flower) and am nailing down the dilution, but in veg I would not hesitate to use 2% citric acid in distilled water with 4 drops of Dawn (in 500g water). That worked for about 2 weeks, but I'm now testing 1% as I think the 2% might have put a bit of a hurt on the sugar leaves.

Sorry to hear about (and missing) the root rot. How did you tackle it in the end? I don't care about the microherd so I always use H2O2 for any root issues and have been successful enough to recommend it.

I have been testing citric acid spray for PM for the last month or so (in flower) and am nailing down the dilution, but in veg I would not hesitate to use 2% citric acid in distilled water with 4 drops of Dawn (in 500g water). That worked for about 2 weeks, but I'm now testing 1% as I think the 2% might have put a bit of a hurt on the sugar leaves.

I used H2O2 for three days running, let dry, did H2O2 again and then inoculated. Seems to have worked well and the plants are nearly fully recovered.

Sounds like an interesting solution for PM. The 1:1 milk:water did well. A weaker solution did not do as well in flower.

I got the feeling that the milk water made my leaves more likely to crisp in the sun (weeks after I sprayed), but I think I actually might have used straight milk out of desperation the last time through.

I've got my light down to 195 watts in the veg tent so fairly innocent light in there. There's still some residue on the leaves but they are doing very well now. I imagine the sun would cause mine problems as well.

Last night I did a little top watering so they don't get too dry before I water them today.

New leaves are darker green and many fewer leaves are yellowing at all. There's very little of that going on now.

Stalks/stems continue to turn green from purple. In the younger plants this process is nearly complete. In the larger plants it is getting better each and every day. OG Kush CBD (clone) is the biggest so it lags behind the two Blueberries (clones - everything I have now is a clone) by a bit.

I've lost a few of the newest BB and MH1 clones, which was expected. The newer of those seem to be faring better than the first set - which I truly expected to do poorly. All those lost so far in this group were from that first set.

The Wedding Cake clone still hasn't rooted but is doing fine.

Everyone is getting some water today.

While I have all the plants out of the veg tent I need to go ahead and clorox everything in the tent.

Back
Top Bottom