420 Magazine Sponsored Grow Extravaganza Featuring NextLight Mega, GeoFlora Nutes & More!

Thanks, Brother, and good to have you along for the ride! :high-five:

Yeah, the light is a monster and so, far, I'm really happy with it. It definitely puts out some lumens and has great coverage in the 4'x4'. Hopefully, I get some nice colors on both the Mendo Purple Kush and Dark Ghost Train but never count out those IHG strains. Everything I've ever grown from IHG has been covered with Tricomes and I'm really looking forward to the Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricane cross.

Here's a couple of pics from the last time I grew the Platinum Cake, which is one of the best strains I've ever grown, though this plant is from a different seed/mother:

full
full

full

Oh man those look amazing i wish i had some more strains from ihg. I currently have one of there Black Cherry Punch strains going outdoor so hope it turns out as gud as these look. I really like there gear definitely wana run some more in the future here they rock. Cant wait to see these ones ur running rite nw to hit flower. I wonder if they will be as frosty as these bud pics u jus showed here.

Oh man those look amazing i wish i had some more strains from ihg. I currently have one of there Black Cherry Punch strains going outdoor so hope it turns out as gud as these look. I really like there gear definitely wana run some more in the future here they rock. Cant wait to see these ones ur running rite nw to hit flower. I wonder if they will be as frosty as these bud pics u jus showed here.
I've heard nothing but great things about the BCP so I'm sure you'll be happy with that one! :thumb:
I've got some Black Cherry Jelly (and Apricot Jelly, actually) but they're REG seeds and, out of 3-4 seeds EACH popped from both the BCJ and AJ's, they've all been males. :rolleyes: Hoping I'll get lucky, at some point, but I've put the REG seeds on hold for a while till I get my breeding cabinet re-designed.

DIMMER ARRIVED & INSTALLED!

As I suspected, the dimmer was shipped separately and arrived today. It took all of three minutes to install it, although, if I had mounted it on the wall, it might have taken ten minutes! :rofl:

The top of the NextLight Mega has two COM ports that support connection of a network cable:

I plugged into one of them and ran the cable outside the tent using the fan exhaust port on the tent:

Then, I plugged it into the dimmer and simply set the dimmer on the window ledge.

These pics also show how I exhaust to the outside. I cut a piece of plywood slightly shorter than the window so it would slide into the tracks, painted the inside the same color as the wall and painted the outside the same color as the house exterior. I put weather stripping on the plywood so I can close the window right on it (window is actually half open to accommodate the plywood). The exhaust hose runs through a hole in the plywood and connects to an industrial (6") dryer vent on the outside.

Here's a close-up of the actual dimmer switch:

Finally, the guys over at NextLight also included some nice swag in the package - Thanks, NextLight! :thanks:

I'm really happy to have the dimmer switch. :thumb:

It's a pretty powerful light and I noticed over the weekend that temps had gotten up to 91*F at the canopy. I raised the lights and increased the ventilation to get temps back down to about 84*F. Now that I have the dimmer, I decreased the intensity and lowered the light back closer to the plants. This should save some money on electricity and help keep the temps in range.

Happy Harvests!

K

How much do they charge for that fancy dimmer switch?
They don't sell the dimmer on their website, but they do say that:

DIMMER NOT INCLUDED! NextLight Com Port is compatible with most 0-10V dimmers, but only enables 1-10V dimming capability. NextLight Mega w/ Com Port does NOT dim to off. These fixtures will dim no lower than 10%. A timer is needed to achieve full shut off. Contact NextLight for additional dimming questions. 10' CAT6 cable included.

and now t-shirts too! consider me officially jealous.
I always joke that you can tell how long someone has been growing by the amount of T-Shirts they own that they'd never wear in public (think stealth shipping on seeds)! :rofl:

really nice light. just realized its a strip light. neat design.

i like the dimming capability on my cob rigs. betting you are going to make use of it on that shiny beauty as well.

Very kewl setup man :passitleft: I'll definately keep blazing around here.

Is this LED module full spectrum? If so I am very interested to see how these perform. I also built a couple of similar diy LED modules with full spectrum 301h's and leave these without any red supplement to see how efficient these diodes alone. My friend got an amazing yield with my diy LED's and that got me very excited about trying them in my garden as well.

I’m in, I was looking at GeoFlora nutes yesterday. I’d like to find an organic nutrient I can run with coco.
I had the same question about GeoFlora as Penny did, about using it with soilless type medias.
Here's the answer from GeoFlora:

Regarding your question yes Geoflora is perfect for coco or peat or any other soil-based media. We don't recommend using it in soil-less media.

Very kewl setup man :passitleft: I'll definately keep blazing around here.

Is this LED module full spectrum? If so I am very interested to see how these perform. I also built a couple of similar diy LED modules with full spectrum 301h's and leave these without any red supplement to see how efficient these diodes alone. My friend got an amazing yield with my diy LED's and that got me very excited about trying them in my garden as well.
Yes, they are full spectrum and you can get some good details & comparisons on spectrum here:

NextLight Commercial Series Spectrum

I've heard nothing but great things about the BCP so I'm sure you'll be happy with that one! :thumb:
I've got some Black Cherry Jelly (and Apricot Jelly, actually) but they're REG seeds and, out of 3-4 seeds EACH popped from both the BCJ and AJ's, they've all been males. :rolleyes: Hoping I'll get lucky, at some point, but I've put the REG seeds on hold for a while till I get my breeding cabinet re-designed.

Yea thts the kind of luck i always had with regs 2 lol. Thts y i now jus do fems it makes it way easier. Plus then i dnt get the unlucky male tht i miss an polinate all my fems lol. I was thinkn about gettn my breeding program up an running again as well. But i gotta wait for a few things 2 pan out first. But hopefully by the end of july or start of August ill b able 2 get it going again in full swing.

Subbed up

I like the looks of the Ecoworks EC. It says 70% cold pressed neem oil and 30% inert ingredients.I love my neem oil both for treatment of infestation, and as a preventative, but it's fussy. In a 60F basement, the neem oil turns solid every so often (just like honey sometimes turns solid) and, just like honey, needs a hot water bath to turn liquid again. Neem oil also requires a surfactant/liquid soap when mixing with water.

Their website says the 30% inert ingredients includes a surfactant (so that oil and water mix for a spray application.) They suggest using the mix within 24 hrs as I've found true for pure neem oil. Surprisingly, they suggest mixing it at half the strength and 1/2 the treatment frequency I have found effective against spider mites.

I am interested in this product simply to avoid adding the surfactant myself, I noted that they don't recommend long term storage over 100F or under 20F - which is a lower temperature than I'd expect.

If you are up to it, I'd be interested to see if the Ecoworks EC turns solid or semi-solid after two weeks in the refrigerator. If it pours and mixes well after being in the refrigerator, I'll definitely be a future customer.

their website is amazingly thin on useful information.

did they provide any details on the drivers, chipsets, or chip kelvin ?
I'll see what I can come up with for you, but I didn't see it on the website, either.

Subbed up

I like the looks of the Ecoworks EC. It says 70% cold pressed neem oil and 30% inert ingredients.I love my neem oil both for treatment of infestation, and as a preventative, but it's fussy. In a 60F basement, the neem oil turns solid every so often (just like honey sometimes turns solid) and, just like honey, needs a hot water bath to turn liquid again. Neem oil also requires a surfactant/liquid soap when mixing with water.

Their website says the 30% inert ingredients includes a surfactant (so that oil and water mix for a spray application.) They suggest using the mix within 24 hrs as I've found true for pure neem oil. Surprisingly, they suggest mixing it at half the strength and 1/2 the treatment frequency I have found effective against spider mites.

I am interested in this product simply to avoid adding the surfactant myself, I noted that they don't recommend long term storage over 100F or under 20F - which is a lower temperature than I'd expect.

If you are up to it, I'd be interested to see if the Ecoworks EC turns solid or semi-solid after two weeks in the refrigerator. If it pours and mixes well after being in the refrigerator, I'll definitely be a future customer.
Sure! I'll put one of the bottles in the fridge now. You just have to remind me to check it in a couple of weeks! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom