420 Magazine Sponsored Grow Extravaganza Featuring NextLight Mega, GeoFlora Nutes & More!

Whew! Made it :ciao: Nice launch Mr. Krip :thumb:

Everything looks great and this dry application sounds very interesting.

How is it applied? Is it top-dressed onto the soil or added to water when it’s needed (I’m asking about the nutes, not the soil activator :) )?

I’m feet-up ready for the show! :popcorn:
Glad you made it, Amy! :ciao:

The GeoFlora nutes can be mixed directly into the soil before transplant and, after that, it's used as a top-dressing every two weeks. This makes it pretty easy, since there's nothing to mix and it's only applied every two weeks; and it's economical since you're getting dry formulas and not paying for all the water content (or to ship water! :rolleyes: ) found in other brands of nutes. As Sister @Emilya pointed out, there are microbes right in the mix. I'll end up mixing the Terpinator & Purpinator in with the water.

GEOFLORA SAMPLE PACK AVAILABLE

For anyone interested in trying the GeoFlora nutes, you can request a Sample Pack of four pounds each of their Veg and Bloom formulas for free plus $13.99 shipping (which is pretty reasonable for an 8 lb. package) right from their website:

GEOFLORA Organic Dry Nutrients

I had the same question about GeoFlora as Penny did, about using it with soilless type medias. I have the free samples en route but I’m unsure if I need a strictly soil based media to use it with.

The fact that this your journal and all, plus not actually being the person making and selling these sponsor products, I hate asking you to find this information out for me. I also feel like the sponsors have probably been emailed the same questions by some of us a million times already. Do you think it’s possible to get some of these sponsors around here to help out with the plethora of questions you have been getting about their products? Perhaps have them help answer some of the questions in a sponsor thread of their own, similar to what Mars, Budget, and some of the other sponsors do, that you could then direct us to? I know you can’t “make” them but I think it would really help answer a lot of the repetitive questions you and they have probably been getting about their products. Plus it would be a good place to showcase the results growers have obtained by using their product. I’ve always sat here and wondered why there aren’t case studies done and posted by the sponsors on their products like I see in my line of profession. I would think there has been some sort of research they have done on their products they could provide us to show its capabilities and results that backs up with they say.

I had the same question about GeoFlora as Penny did, about using it with soilless type medias. I have the free samples en route but I’m unsure if I need a strictly soil based media to use it with.

The fact that this your journal and all, plus not actually being the person making and selling these sponsor products, I hate asking you to find this information out for me. I also feel like the sponsors have probably been emailed the same questions by some of us a million times already. Do you think it’s possible to get some of these sponsors around here to help out with the plethora of questions you have been getting about their products? Perhaps have them help answer some of the questions in a sponsor thread of their own, similar to what Mars, Budget, and some of the other sponsors do, that you could then direct us to? I know you can’t “make” them but I think it would really help answer a lot of the repetitive questions you and they have probably been getting about their products. Plus it would be a good place to showcase the results growers have obtained by using their product. I’ve always sat here and wondered why there aren’t case studies done and posted by the sponsors on their products like I see in my line of profession. I would think there has been some sort of research they have done on their products they could provide us to show its capabilities and results that backs up with they say.
I sent them an email, waiting on response.
We emailed yesterday when Brother @Pennywise asked the question. I've been encouraging all the Sponsors to have their own threads and I'm happy to help also.

Been busy lately and havent been online all that much. So I will follow for sure but probably won't be too active. Looks like you are keeping busy!
I noticed and hope to see you more. We all need an update on your perpetual, at some point. I know you got some beauties going somewhere and we don't like that you're holding out on the pics! :thedoubletake:

I have been busy but still having fun, so can't complain. :dude-knocking:

Whatcha got workin' for strains these days? Anything with, as Brother Chimp would say, HOIA? ;)

WELCOME TO MR. KRIP'S SPONSORED GROW EXTRAVAGANZA
SHOWCASING AWESOME PRODUCTS FROM SOME OF 420 MAGAZINE'S TOP SPONSORS

Welcome all to the latest, possibly the biggest, and hopefully soon-to-be the best 420 Magazine Sponsored Grow Journal of all time! :woohoo:

In this grow, we're going to be featuring numerous sponsor products all working together to grow out some great genetics. Everything just arrived so it may be a few days to get everything really started, but here's a "sneak peek" at what we have coming:

Starting with the nutes, I prefer to grow organic in soil these days and really wanted to try to simplify the process with minimal additives, mixing, changing up, etc. and selected the GeoFlora Line with some microbial soil activator. The GeoFlora nutes are a dry mix you add every two weeks, depending on the stage of growth:

I'm not sure it gets much easier than that and I'm really looking forward to seeing how these nutes perform! :thumb:

To kick things up a notch, we also have some Soil Activator which is a mix of beneficial microbes mixed into the soil once at the beginning of the cycle:

We also have some Terpinator terpene enhancer and Purpinator which helps purple strains turn purple (we will have some purple strains going, too! ;) ), both of which are used through the entire grow:

Finally, and I hope I never have to use it, we have some Guard 'N Spray organic insecticide and some EcoWorks organic miticide/fungicide. I have never had any pest problems with any of my grows, so far ( :dude-knocking: ) but I also grow a lot of fruits & veggies so I told the Sponsor I'd test them on some of the outdoor plants:

And, the great guys over at GeoFlora were nice enough to send this really cool hat - The front is made of cork!:

What's not pictured here is that GeoFlora also included a pack of #10 GeoPots which are fabric containers.

And, for the coup de gras, the folks over at NextLight sent one of their Mega 650 watt LED's with COM port and dimmer control :slide::

This is one monster of a light and I can't wait to get this baby hung, plugged in, and shining like the sun! It runs 650 actual watts from the wall and the dimmer function will lower the wattage, if dimmed, for some nice energy savings.

I don't know if I'll have a chance to get the light hung this weekend, but am gonna try. If not, by next weekend we should be in full swing so reserve your spot early!

Happy Harvests!

K

Well shit brother im down for the show ill have 2 catch up with the next few pages 2 see what strains ur running with all this gud gear. An dam that is one big light nice job with all the sponsors going gud luck bro now off to catch up lol.

NEXTLIGHT MEGA INSTALLED!

I took some time this afternoon and got the NextLight Mega installed. This is a pretty big light measuring 37" square so gives great coverage in a 4'x4' tent and is rated for flowering in a 5'x5'. :thumb:

I didn't find the dimmer switch, but that may have been shipped separately since it's not normally included with the light, so I haven't had a chance to play with that, yet.

Here's what the light looks like hanging:

And, since you got a glimpse of the plants, may as well meet them.

Here's a group pic:

This is an Inhouse Genetics Platinum Cake:

This is an Inhouse Genetics Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricane:

Rare Dankness Dark Ghost Train:

And, Medical Seeds Mendocino Purple Kush:

I'll be starting them on the GeoFlora nutes next feeding and will get some better plant pics soon.

Happy Harvests!

K

Dam bro tht light is huge lol gud luck on the grow. The purple kush and the ghost train got me the most intrested in well all of them really lol. They should be some monsters once u put them in the tens cant wait to see this grow man nice job so far.

Well shit brother im down for the show ill have 2 catch up with the next few pages 2 see what strains ur running with all this gud gear. An dam that is one big light nice job with all the sponsors going gud luck bro now off to catch up lol.
Thanks, Brother, and good to have you along for the ride! :high-five:

Dam bro tht light is huge lol gud luck on the grow. The purple kush and the ghost train got me the most intrested in well all of them really lol. They should be some monsters once u put them in the tens cant wait to see this grow man nice job so far.
Yeah, the light is a monster and so, far, I'm really happy with it. It definitely puts out some lumens and has great coverage in the 4'x4'. Hopefully, I get some nice colors on both the Mendo Purple Kush and Dark Ghost Train but never count out those IHG strains. Everything I've ever grown from IHG has been covered with Tricomes and I'm really looking forward to the Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricane cross.

Here's a couple of pics from the last time I grew the Platinum Cake, which is one of the best strains I've ever grown, though this plant is from a different seed/mother:

full
full

full

I noticed and hope to see you more. We all need an update on your perpetual, at some point. I know you got some beauties going somewhere and we don't like that you're holding out on the pics! :thedoubletake:

I have been busy but still having fun, so can't complain. :dude-knocking:

Whatcha got workin' for strains these days? Anything with, as Brother Chimp would say, HOIA? ;)

I have a few things going on but nothing of note. I am hoping at some point to be firing on all cylinders again.

Always late to the party, D'oh. :ciao: This here microbical orgasmic dark arts is all French to me; should be interesting. :nomo:

Surprisingly though I do have a pertinent comment. I have used my MegaLight for a few generations now and I find my plants perfectly happy running at 180 to 190 W at 24 inches during flower. 24 inches at 650 W is the maximum intensity recommended by NextLight which means I am only at 29% of that Max. When I tried to go up to just 250 W my plant went for a dump and I was afraid it was going to die so I am back down to 190 W again. So I am curious how much power you end up using. That baby has a lot of horsepower.

Back
Top Bottom