Otterfarm Flooded! NextLight Mega Responsible!

I was reading the beginnings of this journal and got so excited by your new light that I'm glad I found this just before the commencement of your new grow.

All my best,
~Magnus
Hi Magnus, Glad to see you! Just in time too. I have a Nextlight Core coming tomorrow for the 3 x 3 tent that's in service now with some autos, soon to be filled with Godfather OG photos. So relax and feel free here. Welcome!

Hi Magnus, Glad to see you! Just in time too. I have a Nextlight Core coming tomorrow for the 3 x 3 tent that's in service now with some autos, soon to be filled with Godfather OG photos. So relax and feel free here. Welcome!
Thanks so much, Otter. I really appreciate the welcome...

All my best,
~Magnus

It's delish! A 20/20% thc/cbd plant. We can't keep our little fingers out of the jar when its around. I plan to put some stankberry pollen on them and see what happens.

and this is Cheesy sativa?! One of my favorites, maybe need to get this strain...! Hope that combo will make a hit for you, probably never will taste that stankberry you'all talk about... under that Baltic sea stone, remember... :straightface:

and this is Cheesy sativa?! One of my favorites, maybe need to get this strain...! Hope that combo will make a hit for you, probably never will taste that stankberry you'all talk about... under that Baltic sea stone, remember... :straightface:
Never having tasted a cheese I can't say. It was very tasty, hard to describe it's been a year or something.

Hi, I've been looking to understand amounts of light hitting the plants. There's some information telling how to figure time and amounts of light that goes deep. I haven't found that yet. I did find the following describing light scenarios in a easy general way. That's the way I'm going to work the next grow best I can. Simple and easy. If anyone knows where to find information on the other more in depth look at it, please let me know. This is what I found:

PAR VALUES

What is a good PAR reading for growing plants?

To determine how good your PAR output is, you’ll need to consider what stage your plants are in and what your goals are as a grower. PAR readings between 200-400 PPFD are great for seedlings, clones, and mother plants.

These younger plants and mother plants have lower light intensity requirements than a flowering plant would, and extending out of this range would be overkill. Here, you will see growth rates between 30-55%.

As your plants progress through veg and you want to encourage robust, vegetative growth, PAR readings should be between 400-600 PPFD. Here, growth rates can spike up to 85%.

One common misconception is that to increase growth further, you can bump up PPFD. However, there are diminishing returns based on a plants specific stage of growth, and in this stage 85% growth is right where you want to be.

Once your plants are flowering, readings between 600-900 PPF are ideal. This will encourage heavy buds, and increase the quality and quantity of your harvest.

Once you shoot past 1,000 PPFD, your plants will reach a point where they can’t use anymore light. They become carb limited, and the only way to increase growth further is by supplementing with CO2. CO2 can be very effective at supercharging plant growth, but only if light is at a certain level (above 1,000 PPFD). You can learn more about using CO2 in your grow here.

I plan on building a 2x4 frame that will hold a 55 gallon drum horizontal with a pole running through the middle, so I can easily rotate the barrel so as to mix soils and regularly turn over my composting supersoil. With an access door on the side to load and remove the soil, this is going to greatly simplify the processing, building and storing of my supersoil for my 6 plant perpetual grow.

I plan on building a 2x4 frame that will hold a 55 gallon drum horizontal with a pole running through the middle, so I can easily rotate the barrel so as to mix soils and regularly turn over my composting supersoil. With an access door on the side to load and remove the soil, this is going to greatly simplify the processing, building and storing of my supersoil for my 6 plant perpetual grow.
When I mix I have a little person in my head asking how I'm going to get this done easier one day. This barrel technique sounds inviting! Especially on days like today when I notice I forgot to add one amendment and have to dump it all out and mix it again! Can't wait to see it. :love:

When I mix I have a little person in my head asking how I'm going to get this done easier one day. This barrel technique sounds inviting! Especially on days like today when I notice I forgot to add one amendment and have to dump it all out and mix it again! Can't wait to see it. :love:
FH15APR_557_51_018.jpg

something like this might be even easier to set up.... hmmm

A few hours of measuring and mixing things and I have the future starting to cook.
Care to share the recipe? It seems a bit of a waste always throwing out the soil and perlite, thus I'm interested in reuse.

To my understanding, "Recharge" is popular for this. I've also seen all sorts of soil mixes with ingredients I wouldn't know where to begin to look for. Then AFAIK there are various tea recipes to recharge with. I made a stunt soil mix for my last two plants, reusing a little grown-in soil - so I have an experiment of sorts going there.

Care to share the recipe? It seems a bit of a waste always throwing out the soil and perlite, thus I'm interested in reuse.

To my understanding, "Recharge" is popular for this. I've also seen all sorts of soil mixes with ingredients I wouldn't know where to begin to look for. Then AFAIK there are various tea recipes to recharge with. I made a stunt soil mix for my last two plants, reusing a little grown-in soil - so I have an experiment of sorts going there.
Recharge and various tea recipes are just part of the magic... next, you have to have the various minerals in there that will be needed all through the next grow, and to be the food that the microbes in the Recharge and Teas can bite on and there are several well known soil recipes out there. The last bit of magic is time... you have to allow several months for the soil to "cook" and for the microbes to render down those raw nutrients into a form that can feed the plants without burning them up. Once you have done this though, you are golden, and that soil can be reused over and over again, and what SO and I are trying to do is have part of our soil working and part cooking, all the time. I am constantly adding back teas, leaf debris and other things to my composting soil while the other half is in the garden working, and instead of totes or large trash bins to store it all in, a rotating barrel seems to be what is needed, although if someone gave me a big cement mixer, I would probably use it. :) Maybe I can hook a little motor to my barrel and automatically rotate it every few days. :)

Hello Stone and all, :passitleft: Hope you and yours are healthy and happy. Its been very windy here for the past week or so but the greenhouses are doing their job. I dug new holes and used new soil for the past two years. Makes sense to reuse it. I got one of these electrical contraptions, it'll probably mix about 1/3 to 1/2 a drum at a time. I've thought about composting but it's so dry here and all my yard waste is mostly weeds. Can you compost dry grassy weeds in this type of climate? Stay safe and stay stoned

Attachments

• 20200519_132957.jpg
    20200519_132957.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 65
  • 20200518_133956.jpg
    20200518_133956.jpg
    930.2 KB · Views: 63

Sure. This is a recipe from True Living Organlcs by The Rev. He changed the coir to peat moss in a newer edition of the book from what I've gathered. He says some coir now is ok i think but if you go with this recipe you should get the book. I knew nothing about this type grow and the book (and others here) got me growing great plants first try. The recipe is tripled from his original and makes about 60 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom