Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Strains

Re: Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Stra

can you get everclear in your province? ethanol extraction (QWET) is the way I'm gonna aim for, its cleanest and safest in my opinion.

if you're comfortable with your handy skills you should be safe with butane, but something about that process just rubs me the wrong way for me to trust it - seen a few DIY's where the end result is like a gross sticky paint-like residue, instead of a honey-like oil.

an old friend used to make really great honey oil from Isopropyl 99% but again, requires some confident know-how to ensure you've gotten rid of all the alcohol before consumption.

never looked into the dry ice method but id wager thats a pretty safe bet if you can get the process down, since it would just evaporate.

for hash though, theres nothing like full melt ice-extracted bubble hash.

Might look into oil later, but for now the mission is to try to replicate 80's black hash for hotknives! :)

I don't think we can get everclear here.

Thanks for the insight into the different options and you're likely right, it always seems to come back to the ice-extracted bubble hash. I was curious about the butane extraction in the cold only because it's cheaper to do out of the gate. I guess we'll just have to get some bags here soon.

Got some family in Alberta that might be willing to ship us some if required, I think I'll dig into research after Brit's harvest, before the next set get heavy into flowering.

Re: Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Stra

well you can certainly never go wrong with bubble hash, haha..

Might look into oil later, but for now the mission is to try to replicate 80's black hash for hotknives!

nice!

lookin forward to see what you guys come up with!

Might look into oil later, but for now the mission is to try to replicate 80's black hash for hotknives! :)

Just reading that made me hack up a lung LOL Ah, the good old days. Have torch, will travel haha.

Everclear or the Canadian eqivalent (Alcool) is available only in Quebec I believe. It was taken off the Ontario market some years ago. Not sure about other provinces. Available across the border too.

I've watched a few vids on Youtube regarding dry ice hash. IMO, it seems to be the easiest way to go. The water extraction seems to me like it would be a huge pain in the butt.

You can get 97 percent alcohol from any atore take a Pyrex cooking pan put it on your stove .take your cuttings put them in a freezer bag poor in the alcohol shack it in the bag .Put the bag in the freezer pver night .Then take the bag out mush the trimming around .poor the alcohol out of the bag in to the pyrex pan set the heat on stove to low becareful and cook off the alcohol slow when alcohol is cooked out you have to scrap up the brown hash out the bottom of Pyrex you'll have 70 old school brown hash .I do it and bubble ,but bubble ain't got nothing on the brown goo hash you smoke off butter knife .It cost you like $4.00 for alcohol worth it takes 20-30 minutes to prepare just my 2 cents.

well you can certainly never go wrong with bubble hash, haha..

lookin forward to see what you guys come up with!

It'll be closer to the end of the month, and I'd bet I'll be bugging you for opinions once the time comes.

Just reading that made me hack up a lung LOL Ah, the good old days. Have torch, will travel haha.

Everclear or the Canadian eqivalent (Alcool) is available only in Quebec I believe. It was taken off the Ontario market some years ago. Not sure about other provinces. Available across the border too.

I've watched a few vids on Youtube regarding dry ice hash. IMO, it seems to be the easiest way to go. The water extraction seems to me like it would be a huge pain in the butt.

I really can't wait. I was a completely different person back then, which I'm sure isn't a very unique statement. :)

I seem to be stuck on the same conclusion about dry ice vs. water. I've a old buddy that has some bags (not sure of the number or sizes of the screens) that claims it's really easy and no big deal. I've agreed to be proven wrong in my assumptions, but there's no telling when I'll see the guy again, so there's that.

You can get 97 percent alcohol from any atore take a Pyrex cooking pan put it on your stove .take your cuttings put them in a freezer bag poor in the alcohol shack it in the bag .Put the bag in the freezer pver night .Then take the bag out mush the trimming around .poor the alcohol out of the bag in to the pyrex pan set the heat on stove to low becareful and cook off the alcohol slow when alcohol is cooked out you have to scrap up the brown hash out the bottom of Pyrex you'll have 70 old school brown hash .I do it and bubble ,but bubble ain't got nothing on the brown goo hash you smoke off butter knife .It cost you like $4.00 for alcohol worth it takes 20-30 minutes to prepare just my 2 cents.

I'm actually not sure we can in Canada, or at least in all of the provinces. But I am sure I can get my hands on some. I'm guessing we'll try a variety of methods and settle on a system we like.

Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix ...

Got some family in Alberta that might be willing to ship us some if required, I think I'll dig into research after Brit's harvest, before the next set get heavy into flowering.

I go to Quebc quite often, so if they have Alcool, I could always get it to you too RTK. If your family can't that is. Good luck!

We can't get Everclear in the UK either but there's a Polish vodka called Spirytus that's 96% alcohol (Everclear is 95%). If you have a Polish community then maybe check out their shops?

Chemists have 100% ethanol on sale but it works out at £100 per litre and no doubt some questions when ordering it.

You can buy alcohol in any drug store for cleaning wounds thats 97 percent they sell it at cvs,Walgreens,walmart,costco,any drug atore you don't need liquor you need regular house hold alcohol it works great just did it couple weeks ago .You order 5 set or 8 set of hash bags off ebay they run about $24.95 get 5 gallon bucket you just use regular ice from store and blender really simple I pulled 7 grams of bubble hash off my last 2 plants trimming and 4 grams brown sticky hash with the alcohol.

I go to Quebc quite often, so if they have Alcool, I could always get it to you too RTK. If your family can't that is. Good luck!

I'll keep that in mind when the time comes Smokiebear, thanks for the offer!

We can't get Everclear in the UK either but there's a Polish vodka called Spirytus that's 96% alcohol (Everclear is 95%). If you have a Polish community then maybe check out their shops?

Chemists have 100% ethanol on sale but it works out at £100 per litre and no doubt some questions when ordering it.

Yeah, couldn't see paying 100 in any currency when I can do it with water with only a bit more mess and work.

I think I can get Everclear from Alberta, but not going to pursue it for some time.

If anyone else does though, please let me know! :)

Beast of a plant, even though the thing has lived as long or longer than some photos. :bravo:

She's a senior citizen for sure. I was staring at her earlier and felt a bit sorry for her, like I'm being selfish for keeping her alive.

Man that dark devil looks so pretty good job on these plants there coming along nice.

Thanks nugs, really happy with my Dark Devil, just so different than anything else we've grown.

Man I wish I got those DD seeds, she looks spectacular. Well for the price of 5 DD I got 10 Auto AK's. I'm hoping that my Narco Purple look similar to your DD

Cheers

Next grow may be all colored weed, depending somewhat on how DD does. I'm actually growing the +1 seed from a 3 pack.

Brit is ready for retirement, but we soaked her again tonight so she'll live until at least Tuesday.

She stayed on quarter strength DNF Bloom A+B and calmag+ at 407ppm and 5.8 PH.

Family pic with her sister's from our second grow:

Brit (95 days old, 8.2 lbs before watering, not weighed after):

Just couldn't bring yourself to do it, eh? What changed your mind?

Will you not do a 7-10 day flush?

Following Shigs finishing suggestions totally on this one which call for weak nutes right up to chopping. Even with them she's fading fast.

Just couldn't bring yourself to do it, eh? What changed your mind?

Been fighting to keep her alive, it's my co-grower and everyone else that wants to see her hang.

Plan is still Thursday as far as she and I know. That'll make her an even 14 week family member. :)

.......Been fighting to keep her alive, it's my co-grower and everyone else that wants to see her hang.
Plan is still Thursday as far as she and I know. That'll make her an even 14 week family member. :)

I feel your pain. My sweet tooth auto went 123 days.

My chop is tues-thurs depends on when she's dry for quickone. :D Hang em together!

She'll make Tuesday for sure, it's Wednesday that's questionable now with no chance of going beyond Thursday.

I feel your pain. My sweet tooth auto went 123 days.

Your Sweet Tooth was plotting against you though, likely with poultry based co-conspirators. Meanwhile my Britney is the last of of my first ever grow, I'll specifically remember her for decades. Sniff..

As Clint Eastwood would say "Hangem High":circle-of-love:

Two more days at least. I really think I've seen her getting fatter these last few days so I'm glad we didn't take the easy way out with her.

At Britney's current consumption rate, she should be still damp tomorrow, very dry on Wednesday, and going under the trimmers on Thursday.

Britney (96 days old, 13.8 lbs down from 16.8 after watering yesterday):

Family pic of Grandma and her young charges:

Back
Top Bottom