Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Strains

Re: Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Stra

For the first time in weeks, excluding her short time in a swick, Britney was still damp when we looked at her tonight. She'll get quarter strength nutes through to at least next Thursday, when she will turn 14 weeks old. We'll decide then if she gets chopped or makes it through to the weekend when we'll have a bit more time.

Britney (11.6 lbs, not weighed yesterday after watering, but likely around 16, 9.8 yesterday before watering):

Her tallest top, been too close to the light for a couple weeks at least:

Looks like that made her backbuild, cool enough.

Re: Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Stra

looking good as usual!

those are some nice looking colas! if you track height as well, how tall is this one from the soil?

looking good as usual!

those are some nice looking colas! if you track height as well, how tall is this one from the soil?

We're thinking of using the height field in Biz's spreadsheet to track the closest distance to the light, but haven't started yet. I don't track height much at all anymore, but anytime someone asks I'm compelled to check. I didn't expect this top to change since I checked a few days ago, as it's basically bleached out and a bit cooked. It remains at 37 inches, with the first 10 inches of that lollipopped. There's two other tops at 35 inches, two at 33, and one at 30. Those are the main colas at least.

Really can't wait to get a final dry weight off her.

5oz baby.....

She's longer than Candi was, and seems as thick to me as our taller Northern Lights was, I think there's a good chance of hitting that in jarrable nugs, and maybe an oz or more of fluffy stuff we'll freeze to do some extraction on later.

Can't imagine it'd be under 3, and we only need 1.3 to hit a pound on our first grow. The anticipation is freakin' terrible!

Oh you got the pound mark smashed, we are looking at 1.5lb's here man. Great work top notch!

We were discussing the other night what the numbers will be on our first 10 plants together from both grows. We have harvested the first 5, and there's no reason to expect smaller numbers for the next 5, since they are in much larger pots, weren't stunted by cold feet for two or three weeks at least, and were trained to maximize our lights rather than left christmas tree shaped through to harvest.

We'd need 10 ounces of Brit to hit 1.5 lbs, but I think we have a chance of getting another 1.8 lbs out of the next four to bring us to 3 lbs total.

:yahoo:

We're definitely going to need to do extractions. :)

We were discussing the other night what the numbers will be on our first 10 plants together from both grows. We have harvested the first 5, and there's no reason to expect smaller numbers for the next 5, since they are in much larger pots, weren't stunted by cold feet for two or three weeks at least, and were trained to maximize our lights rather than left christmas tree shaped through to harvest.

We'd need 10 ounces of Brit to hit 1.5 lbs, but I think we have a chance of getting another 1.8 lbs out of the next four to bring us to 3 lbs total.

:yahoo:

We're definitely going to need to do extractions. :)

I certainly love extractions. Everything about them but the dent in my tolerance level after a week of vaping them haha.

I certainly love extractions. Everything about them but the dent in my tolerance level after a week of vaping them haha.

My tolerances have already gone back up from middle-aged to early 20s. I'd love to try pushing them up into their teens. I want to be hotkniving hash by summer, with knives stolen from my mom of course! :)

Britney was as light as she's been in weeks. We flushed her with 3 liters of bubbled water before giving her another 4 liters of 25% strength DNF Bloom A+B and calmag+ at 406ppm and 5.8.

Jaybiz was staring down the microscope with murderous intent, but I've convinced him that we don't really have any couchlock weed yet anyway, so what does it matter if she gets more heavily ambered than any of the others so far. I believe I've earned her a temporary stay of execution until at least Thursday still, she is still drinking well at least. She was dead empty by the time we got to her tonight, by intent. She may be my special girl, but that doesn't mean I won't try to trick her into giving up a few more trichomes.

Britney (7.8 lbs down from 11.6 yesterday, 16.8 after watering):

Let me know when you want to chop her, I have a MS170 chainsaw that I think you will need for this one

No shit! Put your arm next to a cola so we get and idea of size? She's fat I'm saying 5zips dry from her minimum

Finally caught up with this journal. Another great read. I've been drinking tea and munching on biscuits as I read - for the Americans in the audience, biscuits are like cookies but better ;-) It's an English thing to have English tea (from India) with biscuits.

I blame you for the fact I've eaten a whole packet as I was engrossed!

Let me know when you want to chop her, I have a MS170 chainsaw that I think you will need for this one

Bring it on over mb, I'll fire it up tomorrow morning while rtk is still sleeping.

Krypt, we'll get a pic for ya tonight to illustrate the true size

Speaking of extractions, is is possible to do a butane extraction outside in the winter, and when I say winter, I mean that in the coldest sense of the word (Canadian Prairies cold). We are talking about ordering bags but butane sounds so much easier to me but there's no chance I'll do that in the house.

No shit! Put your arm next to a cola so we get and idea of size? She's fat I'm saying 5zips dry from her minimum

Bring it on over mb, I'll fire it up tomorrow morning while rtk is still sleeping.

Krypt, we'll get a pic for ya tonight to illustrate the true size

Great, now I'm going to have to sleep down there for the next week. I want her down as much as the next one of you sickos, but she's my special girl guys, let's give her a great finish.

:Namaste:

Finally caught up with this journal. Another great read. I've been drinking tea and munching on biscuits as I read - for the Americans in the audience, biscuits are like cookies but better ;-) It's an English thing to have English tea (from India) with biscuits.

I blame you for the fact I've eaten a whole packet as I was engrossed!

LOL, particularly at the English tea from India part! It's on you Max, I'd recommend a good fat joint over a packet of biscuits, for health reasons of course, when suffering my journal. :)

Speaking of extractions, is is possible to do a butane extraction outside in the winter, and when I say winter, I mean that in the coldest sense of the word (Canadian Prairies cold). We are talking about ordering bags but butane sounds so much easier to me but there's no chance I'll do that in the house.

I am more interested in butane extraction than water, but wonder if dry ice might not be the best solution.

More research required. If anyone can offer up opinions or advice we'd gladly take it.

I am more interested in butane extraction than water, but wonder if dry ice might not be the best solution.

More research required. If anyone can offer up opinions or advice we'd gladly take it.

can you get everclear in your province? ethanol extraction (QWET) is the way I'm gonna aim for, its cleanest and safest in my opinion.

if you're comfortable with your handy skills you should be safe with butane, but something about that process just rubs me the wrong way for me to trust it - seen a few DIY's where the end result is like a gross sticky paint-like residue, instead of a honey-like oil.

an old friend used to make really great honey oil from Isopropyl 99% but again, requires some confident know-how to ensure you've gotten rid of all the alcohol before consumption.

never looked into the dry ice method but id wager thats a pretty safe bet if you can get the process down, since it would just evaporate.

for hash though, theres nothing like full melt ice-extracted bubble hash.

can you get everclear in your province? ethanol extraction (QWET) is the way I'm gonna aim for, its cleanest and safest in my opinion.

if you're comfortable with your handy skills you should be safe with butane, but something about that process just rubs me the wrong way for me to trust it - seen a few DIY's where the end result is like a gross sticky paint-like residue, instead of a honey-like oil.

an old friend used to make really great honey oil from Isopropyl 99% but again, requires some confident know-how to ensure you've gotten rid of all the alcohol before consumption.

never looked into the dry ice method but id wager thats a pretty safe bet if you can get the process down, since it would just evaporate.

for hash though, theres nothing like full melt ice-extracted bubble hash.

I don't think we can get everclear here.

Thanks for the insight into the different options and you're likely right, it always seems to come back to the ice-extracted bubble hash. I was curious about the butane extraction in the cold only because it's cheaper to do out of the gate. I guess we'll just have to get some bags here soon.

Britney survives for another day and didn't get anything but a weighing and a 180 in the tent.

Britney (94 days, 12.8, down from 16.8 after watering yesterday):

Back
Top Bottom