Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Hey snid,

About a week ago I noticed a tiny hole in one of the leafs and I worried for bugs. You advised me to keep an eye out for other holes because it could have been caused by nute spill. I haven't noticed any other holes, but now I see yellow spots. 30day old lowryder 2, distilled ph6.5, in soil, 1ml grow micro bloom per gallon, just added Cal mag two days ago. I'm thinking I need to up my nutes to 4ml of each grow micro bloom with 5ml of Cal mag. What should I do?
420-magazine-mobile509104474.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1702445180.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1605747111.jpg

Looks more like liquid has dripped on to a couple of leaves. If it gets worse or spreads post pics. And we can go from there.

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread

Can....I'm having the same issue with two seedlings in the same 5g pot. They're 7 days old. Half the size, or maybe slightly half the size of the ones planted on same day. Also....almost half the size of others germed 4-5 days later. Man I hope they aren't bugs, cuz their in the tent with others.

At 7 days old most of their energy is going into building a root system. If everything is dialed in they will take off when their ready. A 5 gallon pot takes a lot of roots to fill it but thats great when they flower.

New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?

Hey snid,

About a week ago I noticed a tiny hole in one of the leafs and I worried for bugs. You advised me to keep an eye out for other holes because it could have been caused by nute spill. I haven't noticed any other holes, but now I see yellow spots. 30day old lowryder 2, distilled ph6.5, in soil, 1ml grow micro bloom per gallon, just added Cal mag two days ago. I'm thinking I need to up my nutes to 4ml of each grow micro bloom with 5ml of Cal mag. What should I do?

420-magazine-mobile1702445180.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1605747111.jpg

Definitely looks like drippage or possibly splash. I wouldn't worry to much about it unless you see those spots getting larger or it appearing over a larger area. Then I'd say watch your watering habits, mainly how you're pouring into the pot and around foliage. No splash no burn. ..

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks everyone! as always great advise from everyone. So I'll make sure to continue to watch to see if it spreads and to watch my splash. Thanks again for putting my mind at ease. I'll keep posting pictures with time

Hey snid,

Thanks to those who came to answer Jmor 's query. I'll concur with the analysis, definitely splashing. It's too localized to be a nutrient issue, she looks very healthy from my own eyes. Water slowly and gently around the perimeter of the pot and work your way to the center. If you get any nute solution on the leaves then spray it down with a mister quite liberally. Hope all is still well, thanks for your question :Namaste:

I've got a devise that test soil ph and fert levels. Is this reliable?
420-magazine-mobile639055576.jpg

I'm using jungle juice grow micro bloom from AN.
They are very reliable, but are they accurate.... In most cases it's going to give a decent ball park of what your Ph is. Which is much better than not knowing at all. That one seems on the high end of meters out there. If you have a way of testing it then you're golden. If fertility is a Moisture meter it is very useful and is more accurate since it's a simpler probe. I used a 3in1 for while with only minor issues. Now it's my outdoor garden meter...

Howdy again, seed question today! If you get seeds that are feminized, that still isn't a guarantee against hermies, but is it a guarantee against males? Or can stress change even from seeds to males?
If you've bought feminized seeds then the breeders better hope there's no hermie traits. So for the most part every fem. seed is guaranteed to be a female, if it isn't then you complain to the manufacturer for a refund. I've seen feminized auto strains be 100% male so there's always the exception. I've also seen Hermies, But Hermies are typically a result of environmental conditions. I don't think you can force a male out of a feminized seed, you'll get hermie every time. Does that answers your question? :Namaste:

Hi Snid, Love this thread so I don't hijack your journal. I have 6 CBD Fem clones mid veg, how many can I put into a 5 gallon? Maybe 2? Thank you so much!
For clones? I'd say you'd be well off putting each in there own pot. I would, if I had to, put only two per pot. That way if/when one becomes dominant and chokes out the others, you'll only lose one instead of possibly two or more. It'll be the weakest ones that "suffocate", so if your looking for a mother then this a good way to select the strongest one. If your wanting to harvest them all I'd advise separate pots for each, even 3 gallons each would suffice. I'll have to come by and check them out... :circle-of-love:

KiG Everyone :green_heart:cheers

MAYDAY MAYDAY.....immediate advice needed. I have these super tiny little critters crawling all over my soil...I did a thorough inspectiin and didnt see any of them on my plants, but I need to get rid of them ASAP....any suggestions? And can they kill my crop? Tried to get a pic, but cant get a good shot of them.
420-magazine-mobile843972221.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I dont see any webs...I did some reason and fungus gnats were one of the things I found when trying to pinpoint what they were. I cant get a close enough look at them to determine exactly what they look like, so im not sure what tbey are.

hi stinky
had this clone started showing sex rappidly 15/12/2016 but flipped her 12/12 31/12/2016 so dont no weather or not its week 6 or week 8 of this little bubblegum xl
how long do you thing there is left? was thinking of running her till end of this week then flushing her for maby 2 weeks, or will i get away with 1 week as she is only a small girl?
IMG_20170215_122650.jpg
IMG_20170215_122553.jpg

Stinkysnid...or anyone... when can you start foliage spraying? Is seedling stage way too early? Also, my seedlings are getting light via 2 300w leds and one 35w 5000k cfl, and one 45w led bulb. I they get 20/4 light total (12-14 hrs in tent and natural sun for the other 6 hrs). It's overcast today in the mid 70's. Is overcast light still better than tent? Should I bother to take em out today, or better off in tent. I have a greenhouse outside they go in when outdoors, with door open for circulation so they don't cook out there. I thought the co2 would be good. Thanks for helping asap cause it's bout time that I usually put em outdoors.

Sean... I had these bugs show up all over my bonsai tree. Not sure if they're the same but here some pics of the little pecker woods. Hope this helps and if it is what you have, then I'll tell you what I used to mostly get rid of em
IMG_370114.JPG
IMG_369913.JPG
IMG_368715.JPG
IMG_368213.JPG

I have used a solution of soapy water to kill those bugs on my tomato plants before. You have to do it a few times but it's better than pesticides.

MAYDAY MAYDAY.....immediate advice needed. I have these super tiny little critters crawling all over my soil...I did a thorough inspectiin and didnt see any of them on my plants, but I need to get rid of them ASAP....any suggestions? And can they kill my crop? Tried to get a pic, but cant get a good shot of them.
420-magazine-mobile843972221.jpg

Try adding sand as a top dressing on your substrate, if they are fungus gnats the sand should keep them from reproducing. Sierra Natural Science is one of the sponsors here and they make natural bug killers you can use. Look them up on the sponsors thread or you can google them. Hope this helps.

New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?

Ask Stinky Snid Anything - Sharing Knowledge 420Style

Hello and good day Snid! Thought this would be the appropriate place for this question and who better to ask than stinky Snid and friends? Here goes...

What looks to be a calcium and or magnesium issue has manifested itself on out gold leaf. We had high heat and low humidity. We addressed this by switching the PS Mini out of the bloom cab and into the veg cab. Temps are now good. Added an evaporative cooler and it helped the temps and humidity. RH still sitting around 40% but better than under 30. Fed calmag and all new growth looked great. Until a day or two ago. Been misting with 1ml/L calmag. Dumped the jungle juice and put in ph perfect sensi a and b. Also running calmag and b52 and hydroguard. Now we have new growth being effected. Switched base nutes last night. Pics:
420-magazine-mobile433383732.jpg

If this continues what should we try next? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom