BCNL Producer & DIY Cabs 3 Strains

Update looks good and thanks for the well wishes, the same to you :blunt:.

I was just thinking about your water... I've read on a few journals that when using RO water you need to add CalMag, may be the issue you are having with the yellowing leaves. Just a shot in the dark from a Rookie grower.

Keep it growing :thumb:

Yes Sisco is right, I found that out the hard way and lost some foliage in early veg.

Happy New Years to all!

:peacetwo:

Marley

I've never had a pump fail but we do get a lot of power outages. I've had plants go for more than 24 hrs without water before. They bounce back pretty fast. Now I just use a UPS for the pumps and a propane lantern for power outages. I always good to keep an extra pump on hand though just in case. $25 is cheap insurance.

When I get some more money I will get some insulation. I only need 4 bags of R13 to do the entire space.

Funny, the first time I ever cloned and my power went out the next day. Only for about 1/2hr so no harm done. Can't say the sweat wasn't making a bead on my forehead. Extra pump added to list. Thanks.

Update looks good and thanks for the well wishes, the same to you :blunt:.

I was just thinking about your water... I've read on a few journals that when using RO water you need to add CalMag, may be the issue you are having with the yellowing leaves. Just a shot in the dark from a Rookie grower.

Keep it growing :thumb:

Right on again. I ran into that fact and started with it and it seems to be ending that yellowing nicely. Who'd a thunk even good water can be bad?Thanks.

Yes Sisco is right, I found that out the hard way and lost some foliage in early veg.

Happy New Years to all!

:peacetwo:

Marley

How often are you adding it? I'm putting it in every watering now. Not certain if it should be every other. Also need to do my homework to see how that applies to hydro for when I begin that. Thanks Marley!

Use your tap unadjusted in your cloner and you will be happy with the results.

Is that to say that you have greater success with a ph that high? I had read that tap is fine for cloning, but I assumed that using ro would be better.

Welcome MM! Thanks very much for the good words. I did a lot of reading before starting all this and I had missed your journal. I'm eager to see your success in the box and learn from it. Nothing like the voice of experience.
I'm on my way now.

WnF, all I can say is "WOW"! What a great setup you have there. I've definately got a ticket for this ride! You just might be a god of diy growing! :adore:

Welcome Mr. Krip!
God? More like a lowly apostle. Thanks for the confidence boost though. Thanks also for tuning in and feel free to critique. I just peeked in on your grow and am looking forward to reading it. Honestly, you had me at "the small fact that I've never grown anything!"
That, we have in common my friend!

I've failed to comment on the centerpiece of my grow, the BCNL Producer. In terms of quality there's not much room for improvement that I can see. The gauge, finish and assembly of the all-aluminum cabinet is exemplary... just think of your washer or dryer. Construction under the hood is equally impressive including fasteners, hardware, wiring, routing and quality of components. There may be things I'll find as my process continues, but from my perspective the box is completely solid. The electronics, functionality, reliability and value comments I reserve for later.

Regarding nutrients, these are what I received in BCNL's Silver-line of nutes along with a couple of last-minute nice-salesman throwins:

Advanced Nutrients
Sensi Grow A&B
Sensi Bloom A&B
Voodoo Juice
Vitaboost
Carboload
Overdrive
BigBud

I'd really like to hear from others that use this system or these products and their considered opinions. I have seen postings where users have suggested using just 1/2 or a little more of the suggested levels from the BCNL feeding schedule. Not quite ready to use them yet, but am certainly looking forward to it.

Thanks Tmac12. I checked them earlier and they have all sprung to varying degrees. I'll get some pics up when me butt ernt draggin so bad. What cloning method are you using? I'll be sure to stop by and enjoy your grow.

Love your sig. Kenny Rogers and The First Edition or Jerry Lee Lewis?

The pics are the average of what the rest are doing at day 8 in the aerocloner, except for the WW clones. Those just sprouted nubs today. Looks like they run a bit slower. I'll probably start with some weak veg nutes later tonight.

DSC_09431.JPG
DSC_09421.JPG

Back
Top Bottom