Beateo's - Soil - Lemon Kush Feminized - 2014 - 1st Attempt

Re: Beateo's Soil, Lemon Kush Feminized 2014 1st attempt

Flipped over to 12/12 lighting today so we're officially finished veg.! YAY! I have read that the girls may double in height during flowering so I had to adjust the lights and put the plants on the floor. A few pics:

GWC.JPG
All312.JPG

its time for bud action now..dude your plants are gonna be freaking huge after the stretch...massive is gonna be the word !!!!

I have had to adjust the electric heater in my grow room. I'm amazed how much of a difference having the lights out for 12 hours instead of just 6 hours has on the temperature of my room. :peace:

yea my flower room is 75 lights on and down in the low 50's with lights off .. had to hook the heater up myself !!

We're only into the first week of flower and I've already had to raise my lights up again! Oh... a tip for the new CFL growers.... it's plastered all over the place that you can get those CFL's "almost touching" the plant.... try that and see how fast the tips turn brown and curl! These aren't MH or HID or whatever but they're only "cool" relative to those others... they still get HOT! lol Proof of that lies in the fact that the 6 hours per day of extra darkness to flower has lowered the temperature of my grow room by at least 5 degs F during lights out. :peace:

OK... my girls are looking great to me. I am going into yet another area of the unknown (flowering)... I have so much still to learn! I tried to use the search function to find an illustration of all of the plant's parts that I keep reading about.... I'll be honest, I don't know a "fan leaf" from a "pistil" from a "trichnome"?? I typed in "photos of plant parts" and got results but none of any illustrations so... do any of you know where I can find one? Or.. even if I'm typing the wrong thing in the search?? Maybe I'm slow on the uptake?? But something with an arrow pointing right at the different parts to the point of ZERO ambiguity would be great! lol Thanks :) :peace:

Hey B - in case you can't find photos of what you're looking for: the fan leaves are the big three/five/seven fingered (some of my white rhino have 13!) leaves that cover your plant. (There's one in the 420mag logo, dead centre of the "0".) The pistils are the green (early) and white (later, in flowering, they turn orangey/red) "hairs" that are predominant on your ladies flowers. The trichomes will be easy to find. Look under "Plant and nugget" pics. They are the icing on the cake, so to speak. The frosty little covering on the buds, leaves. They look like they can get you high! Truly , though, there are no shortages of pics of trichomes here. Hope this helps.

Hey B - in case you can't find photos of what you're looking for: the fan leaves are the big three/five/seven fingered (some of my white rhino have 13!) leaves that cover your plant. (There's one in the 420mag logo, dead centre of the "0".) The pistils are the green (early) and white (later, in flowering, they turn orangey/red) "hairs" that are predominant on your ladies flowers. The trichomes will be easy to find. Look under "Plant and nugget" pics. They are the icing on the cake, so to speak. The frosty little covering on the buds, leaves. They look like they can get you high! Truly , though, there are no shortages of pics of trichomes here. Hope this helps.
too old... thanks! It does help. I'm no doubt making things way more complicated than they have to be.... I do that all the time...one of my biggest flaws. I'm working on that tho! :) :peace:

Wow, those baby's sure are growing nicely !

Usually on forums we don't post URLs to other sites, cause those links might break, but here's a tip to help you identify the parts of plant:

google: Cannabis Anatomy: the Parts of the Plant - Leafly

Wow, those baby's sure are growing nicely !

Usually on forums we don't post URLs to other sites, cause those links might break, but here's a tip to help you identify the parts of plant:

google: Cannabis Anatomy: the Parts of the Plant - Leafly

Regor, that's EXACTLY what I was looking for... :thanks: Now when I read about pistils, colas, calyx, trichomes, nodes, fan leaves, etc, etc.... I'll know what the hell people are really talking about! :peace:

now that you are in flower the plant will seem to change right before your eyes . wait till all the white pistols start shooting out everywhere on the lk.

now that u know what a fan leaf looks like make sure u don't have any covering the bud sites . if so tuck them under or remove them .. i remove them . also pay attn to how fast they dry out when they start to stretch .. in veg i was watering ever 4 days now its every 2..

I just went back and looked at some old pictures from when my girls were small.... OMG!! It's like looking at photos of my kids when they were little! lol... not really... but kind of. :) It's amazing how they start out so slow then keep gaining momentum until they're making you raise your lights every day. I am a really cheap s.o.b. by nature and hate to spend a dime that I don't have to... but I'm enjoying the hell out of this whole growing experience so much I'm going to have to keep improving my set-up little by little... I LOVE this stuff!! :love:
I'm seeing a bunch of people feeding their girls molasses (I think 1 tsp/gallon?) when they're in flower... is this necessary or just something extra you crazy perfectionists do? lol :peace:

I just went back and looked at some old pictures from when my girls were small.... OMG!! It's like looking at photos of my kids when they were little! lol... not really... but kind of. :) It's amazing how they start out so slow then keep gaining momentum until they're making you raise your lights every day. I am a really cheap s.o.b. by nature and hate to spend a dime that I don't have to... but I'm enjoying the hell out of this whole growing experience so much I'm going to have to keep improving my set-up little by little... I LOVE this stuff!! :love:
I'm seeing a bunch of people feeding their girls molasses (I think 1 tsp/gallon?) when they're in flower... is this necessary or just something extra you crazy perfectionists do? lol :peace:

Molasses is carbohydrates for microbe population. Very important in organic growing. Feeds microbes which in turn produce useable nutrients for plant. Plant itself cannot take up molasses, which some erroneously believe.

dude that what i love about the journal .. u go back and see how far u and your ladies have came .. im cheap to but i find every little extra penny i have i invest it my grow ..

i just did a list of everything i wanted before next summer ... $2200 bucks ... and that was a culled list .

hey b come look at the updated pics of the lemon kush 5 weeks in flower .

Nice lemon kush man, looking really good.
Did they stretch a lot up 'til now???
Do they already have the white "fur"" on them? :p
Post a actualized picture of them, I am really curious

:Namaste:

Hi Beato! Great journal - and thank you for sharing!!
:thanks:

I haven't caught up on everything yet but I realized upon scanning your journal that you are growing an auto strain! Your plants are looking great! Looks like we started ours pretty closely. I started from seed the end of August and its about day 79ish. I'm looking forward to following your journal - as well as others that are also growing auto that have commented here. Like a jackpot for me!

What light cycles have you used during your grow so far (if you don't mind me asking to get a quick summary)? I've had good results with my auto strain although the lighting cycle(s) during the latter half (basically started about 25 days ago for me) of the gro and through to finish have been tricky. I'm wondering if it is just my auto strain being finicky or if others have experienced this as well. Once my plants express sex and I'm running 24 hrs of light under a 400W HPS they just sit there for weeks and I've been going back and forth with all kinds of combinations over the years and haven't hit it. This time I went from 24 hrs to 18/6 and nothing much more happened for more than 10 days, so then I went to 12/12 and w/in 24 hrs WHam huge flower onset. After about 10 days of that the plants creeped to a halt and nothing for another week + so in my impatience (lol) I went back to 18/6 to see what would happen and WHam again and they've been going strong since. Will be interested to hear yours and others experience(s) with the light cycle. Thanks again for sharing Beato! Cheers
:blunt:

Back
Top Bottom