Beateo's - Soil - Lemon Kush Feminized - 2014 - 1st Attempt

Re: Beateo's Soil, Lemon Kush Feminized 2014 1st attempt

Mmmm, still nothing popping out the soil yet? Give it another day or 2. If you germinate in a glass of water it sometimes takes a couple of days for the sprout to grow 2-4mm after the helmet has come off the seed.

How deep did you plant the seeds? and how long were the sprouts when you placed them in the soil?

eddy87, When they cracked and I saw a tap root, I really just gently placed them in a small depression I made in the soil with a pencil eraser and sifted just a tiny amount of soil on top. I've been keeping them constantly damp with a spray bottle of pure water. I'm going to give them a few days before I declare them lost. But, I am attempting to germinate the freebies I have. What I just put in shot glasses are 1 fem. lemon kush, 1 fem. super silver haze, & 2 reg. sleestack skunk. I'll give the first round of seeds a few more days before I contact the vendor.... then if nothing, I'm hoping they make it right. That's a lot of money for magic beans that don't sprout! :peace:

OK.. about 4 hours after putting my seeds in water, all are now sitting on the bottom. They were floating when I first put them in.
FINGERS CROSSED! :peace:

hey man! thats great that you started more seeds :) it sounds like you put them in soil good enuff!

OK..in another 7 hours my last 4 seeds will have been in a shot glass of water for 48 hours. I looked this morning and the one remaining Fem. Lemon Kush and the freebie Fem. Silver Haze have done nothing so far except sink. Both of the freebie Reg. Sleestack Skunk have cracked and there appears to be just the start of a tap root. I'm VERY disappointed right now :( Like I said, I didn't pay a huge amount of money for these seeds... but I also don't routinely flush 40 bucks down the shitter!! I won't publicly trash one of this site's sponsors but you can bet your green thumb they'll be hearing from me! :peace:

In case it's important.... I took the 3 different varieties of seeds and put them in rain water in those little cups that come with the cough syrup, labeled each cup, and then covered them with upside-down ceramic coffee cups and put them in the grow room with the heat on. I'd estimate it's about 85 deg. F in that room. (still need to buy a thermo and humid. meters). Just need to crack a window and it's super humid outside the past couple of weeks.
Well... not much of a grow journal so far but I don't have much to work with! :peacetwo:

Curious how long you old timers would keep the seeds in the water? The 2 freebie Skunk seeds that cracked and appeared to have a tap root starting are just sitting there and the tap root doesn't seem to be getting any longer??? What to do????:peace:

You can live it in there for another day or 2 after tap root is showing before moving it to the soil (hopefully a pro can confirm that). We use to do that with our half assed outdoor grows back in the day and the plants would always came out ok during the vegetative state.

Still no sign of anything coming through the soil with the Lemon Kush seeds?

eddy87,
Thanks. No sign of life in the Lemon Kush... I'm thinking it's a lost cause. Hoping the new ones do something. I also emailed the seed vendor and told them what happened. From what I have heard on here, they will probably make things right with me. Of course if they send me the same DEAD shit seeds as the first time... what's the point! lol
:peace:

put the cracked seed in soil beateo :) and keep it wet :) i usually put in soil when they crack open :)

It's 4 a.m., I'm out of weed until Friday :joint:which makes life suck just a wee bit! :( lol I'm about to do as OnTheMove suggests and put my cracked seeds in soil then maybe I'll be able to sleep. :idea: I Changed the soil mix to just a very rich dirt from my woods. I took a bucket full of it and literally spent an hour with my hands in that bucket turning it into a very fine soil with all of the pebbles, roots, tiny sticks, etc., removed. I'm also going to start the grow with purified water. I don't know if these changes will help, :wood: but there's no way the results can be any worse.. right? :peace:

Here is a picture of the 2 Free Sleestack Skunk seeds showing them cracked and tap root started.
tap.jpg

View image in gallery

Below are the paper cups I'm using to start. After the picture was taken, I covered the seeds with a bit of very fine soil then sprayed the soil with purified water to get it very moist. :peace:
Now a few questions: Do I need to have lights before the sprouts push through? I was spraying the last bunch of seeds about 4 times a day... is this too much? Time to cross my fingers and hope for better results with these seeds! :peace:

hey man, they seeds in soil look perrrrfectly placed :)
did you see the experiment about the love and hate rice in jars on youtube? evry little helps :)

i have always found that seeds only need ambient light to know which way is up, but even in dark places gravity and the moon soon let the little guapa know what way is up :) in spain if i was on site i would use my caravan window as a green house and keep strayin every 20 mins, and they would pop up very quick ( never any longer than 72 hours ever from being placed in water) i watched one pop up with the first green bit one time on siesta, fuckin special moment!
if i wasnt there to keep them in the sun in the caravan then i would place them up on a shelf and leave them lol

OTM.. thanks! No, I didn't see that experiment...but I'll try anything. :)
I was just thinkin' both of those Skunk seeds are "regular" freebies.... even if they do grow, I only have a 50/50 chance I'll get a female. If both of them are males, I think I'll just say fuck it and move to Colorado. lol
Wow... I sure get a negative attitude when I'm out of weed!
My current plan is to save electric until I see just the slightest little disturbance of the soil, then hit it with all the lights. You were spraying every 20 minutes? I've only been doing it 4 or 5 times a day. I'll step it up with this batch.
Take care bro.

yeh when i started seeds in the sun light in my caravan, it was like 40celcius and a dry heat, my spanish friend, he said to me, man, just keep spraying la agua lol..

Ok... it's more than 48 hours and I'm not seeing a damn thing! Not one tiny grain of soil has moved in ANY of the 7 seeds I have planted. I've used 2 separate methods with first 3 and then the remaining 4 seeds to eliminate something stupid I'm doing as a noob. Grow #1... store bought potting soil, paper towel germination. Grow #2... super rich soil from the woods on my own property, "shot glass" germination. All 7 seeds cracked and showed at least some evidence of a tap root. Room temp. kept around the mid 80's F with an electric heater. CFL lights (useless with no green showing). Didn't use a fan because only a moron would fan seeds still under the soil :)
OK.. speaking of morons... I must have IDIOT written across my forehead because I just ordered even more seeds from the same company!! This time I got Vision AK-49 autos. I will also be getting the exact same freebies that I got the first order that didn't grow!
So... how do I close this journal out so I can start a new one???
Oh.. I also want to help the various people on here who tried to help me!! :thanks::thanks::thanks:
Wish me better luck on the next go-round! :)

i cant work out man why your haveing problems, i even use a shot glass too for seeds.. hey heres an idea, that might help, the only thing that could be stopping them poppin up is the temp.. do you have a boiler in a cupbord or a cupboard with hot pipes in , basically to make a Micro climate, a constantly warm, humid place, not neccisary to have light..

it can only bed the temp, because the soil is moist and the seeds have cracked..

fuck man i work in celcius , i would say around 30c -28c min would be perfect, remember i said it was like 40c in my caravan :)

oh and this is your journal now fover and ever! its great to keep it on here because people will read it, and LEARN from it, which is what life is about :)

man, once they pop you just cant stop, this is a new thing for you so have faith, its nature, it will work soon enuff!

:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom