Beateo's - Soil - Lemon Kush Feminized - 2014 - 1st Attempt

Re: Beateo's Soil, Lemon Kush Feminized 2014 1st attempt

Hey OnTheMove... you da man! lol :cheer:
I googled "Metric Conversion" and 28C=82.4F, 30C=86F... both fairly normal summer temperatures for my area.... 40C = 104F.. and man that's ball sweatin' HOT! :bitingnails:So, I have to say it shouldn't be the temperature. I'm using an oil filled electric room heater and it's damn hot in that room... no thermometer, but it's definitely between 28C and 40.
Sometimes you just gotta say fuck it and move on :) Sooner or later I WILL be growing some fine weed.... if persistence is the key them I'm golden!
Take care bro... keep posting your stuff... I think you're helping people more than you know... and that's what cool about this site because as helpful as you are to me.. I see people helping YOU too. Gotta love it! :peacetwo: :peace:

yeh man, its great to talk to people about growing weed, its not like you can ask everyone, infact, online is great for this! and epecially in a time when ganja, IS finally being recognised as a medicine, or should i say we are in a time where "you can full some people sometimes, but you cant fool all the people all the time" **thanks bob, and we would treat a film like REEFER MADNESS as a pure comedy these days :)

i have always just kept growing things simple, and i was learning about growing vegetables at the same time i started to grow weed properly, and bacically just treated weed plants like a tomato plant :)
and then for confirmation, i have heard many people on here say that they are basically like a tomatoes plant lol.. check out the journal of soilgirl, she has a cool attitude to growing, and keeps it simple :)

Ok, so the temps are fine.. the seeds must adjust to there new surroundings, its wet.. oh yeh, did you wet all the soil before you put the seeds ontop?

that could be it, i always soak the soil with alot of water, so that when it gets warm, it will make steam, and moisture will rise up, and im sure this is a big key to germinating seeds, so it has moisture very slowly comming up ( if the pot is constantly warm ) and then with spray from the top , makes sense when i actually have to think about it :)

Beateo....don't give up on the seeds too fast. 24-72 hrs. is normal. Also depends how deep you sowed them. Deeper will take longer to emerge. Some use a heat mat to aid gemination/sprouting. More useful in cold months. Something to act as humidity dome is also good, but if you use one, don't leave it on long after seedling emerges as new problems can result from too much rH, like damping off.

Beateo....don't give up on the seeds too fast. 24-72 hrs. is normal. Also depends how deep you sowed them. Deeper will take longer to emerge. Some use a heat mat to aid gemination/sprouting. More useful in cold months. Something to act as humidity dome is also good, but if you use one, don't leave it on long after seedling emerges as new problems can result from too much rH, like damping off.

yeh man these humidity domeas are exactly the Micro Climate i was meaning :)

Here is the one freebie Haze seed... Like usual, I jump the gun and get all upset thinking I can predict the future. Soooo... here are a few pictures I have of my very own started plants. :cheer: Even if this is as far as these ones ever go, I have already learned a lot.
haze16.JPG

And here are the Sleestack Skunk seeds

Skunks3.JPG

:peace:

HAHA! yay! cool man :).. mr moon says that seeds started when you tarted them will have a great root sytem :)

OTM... question? This may sound stupid but I honestly don't know the answer.... would the moon stuff be the same even though we're so far apart?

OK.. got my last hood and the biggest CFL bulbs I could find and I'm running over 6000 lumins now. Got a temp/humidity meter, and it's 82F (that's 27.8C for OTM, lol) and the humidity level is at about 79%. Is there anything that stands out from the pictures and information I've posted that I might be able to do better.... keeping in mind that this is the equipment I'm going to have... meaning, there is no mo $$$ to buy new stuff for awile. This pic is my setup for now. There is nothing transplanted into the center one yet so I put the skunk seedlings in it to raise it closer to the lights.
entire.JPG
This picture is the Haze seedling... she's lovely. :love:
sprout20.JPG
My new tempra/humiderator...as we call them in the U.S. when we're REALLY stoned.
meter6.JPG
I would appreciate any feedback... particularly helpful criticism... be gentle though.. I'm sensitive. LOL

brightlight,
Thanks. I did as you suggested with the lights. I'm not sure exactly how close they should be? I know the CFL's aren't real hot compared to other types of lighting, but they do have heat and I would hate to make a stupid mistake and burn my plant. That haze is starting to get it's 2nd set of leaves!!
About stretch... is that just when a plant gets long and spindlely? And, is more light the cure? Thanks.:peace:

9/1, 3:30PM 88 degrees and 62% humidity. The one Silver Haze plant was stretching... I moved the light within 2 inches of all of the plants. By tomorrow, the one Haze will be touching the light unless I raise it up. I have the 2 regular Skunk plants in the paper cups in the center and it looks like only one of them is going to make it. I can probably wait a while before worrying about transplanting that one Skunk? I do have 4 leaves on each of the 3 plants that look like they may grow! :cheer::peace:

Hi Beateo, subbed and following your grow. Good luck to ya!

One quick heads up - on your soil. I'm still on my first grow, but I did learn one MASSIVE mistake on my part. I used to put my plant outside once in a while to give it some good natural sun. It REALLY seemed to enjoy it. THEN, a few days later, I started to notice pests. Yep, the in-ground tree outside where I placed my plant near, had pests, and I just infested my indoor grow.

So, since you brought some soil from outside to inside, I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just saying - make sure you do keep your eyes open for little unwanted guests.

Regor

Regor,
Thanks for the headsup... I'll keep looking close for pests.
brightlight... thanks again... I'm too close now.. I'll have to raise them up to 6" :peace:

My plants have been on 24 hours of light since they popped a few days ago. They are now between 1& 3 inches (about 2.5-7 cm) long. Is it time to give them a dark period? If so, how many hours on/off does everyone recommend?
I'm also still spraying the plants continuously. When is it time to start watering normally? My room humidity seems to have leveled out at 63%... temps been staying real close to 88F (31C) are those ok.. high, low??

Hey Beateo. Suggest going 18-6 light cycle. Some studies show it's better than 24-0. Ok to water, keep media moist & damp but not soaked. rH is fine, if possible lower temps a bit but 88º isn't overly high. Sounds like you're on your way....glad you didn't dump them when you were waiting for them to sprout.

brightlight... haha. Yeah, I was really close to dumping them :) I get so negative when I'm out of weed! :tokin:
18-6... that sounds good and I'll get started on that schedule tonight.
I don't need to worry about nutes just yet do I??
I'm glad the humidity is ok... I can raise it with no problem but lowering it would be a little tricky with no de-humidifier in my inventory. lol
The room temp is on a thermostat control... I can lower it with no problem.
Thanks man! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom