Beateo's - Soil - Lemon Kush Feminized - 2014 - 1st Attempt

Re: Beateo's Soil, Lemon Kush Feminized 2014 1st attempt

These are pictures of my Critical Super Silver Haze plant. It stretched some and was almost horizontal so I made some support from twist ties. I'm hoping this works! The first unsupported plant is the Lemon Kush. The one still in the cup is the Sleestack Skunk.

CritSupSilHaze_2.JPG

LemonKush_2.JPG
SleestackSkunk.JPG

hey man ive been working way too much and havent been online for a while but ive got 15 mins before i must go again, so i came to see how your babys were doing :)

they look good man! yeh nice one for supporting the leggy one :) shes just eager! hey if that is water on the leaves of the sleestack, then teke it off, or it could burn the leaves from the light :)

OTM,
Thanks man. I'll stop spraying on the plants directly. :) :thanks:
:peace:

no problems man :) thats whats what we are here for !

hey another thing, dont worry about leggy plantlets, you can always transplant them, and bury the stems to make the plants smaller (if you know what i mean) and i believe the buried stem will grow and/become a root (i havent read anything about this but someone told me before) :)

OnTheMove... what you're talking about with that transplant is something I do every year with my pepper and tomato plants. You pick off all of the leaves except the top few and basically lay the plant on its side with only the remaining leaves above ground. Once they take hold, all of the stem that is underground starts getting roots shooting out all over the place...makes for a super strong plant. Works great for those plants... I suppose it would be fine with cannabis sativa??
Is there any rule for transplanting? I have the one sleestack in a paper cup and it has like 4 leaves now and is above 2" high (5.08cm). I have the cup sitting in the 5 gallon container that will be its final home.
I guess I'm getting set into a veg state now?? I'm using 18/6 lighting, haven't even bought or decided on a type of nutes yet, I'm trying to find information now on how much to water.... ie how much, how often, etc.... ??? I thought if I use my gardening instinct, everything would most likely turn out just fine... but, why take a chance when there are literally hundreds of people here willing to share from their actual experience! :thanks::peace:

yeh man, thats were i learnt from tomatoes!

hey know a woman who only grew veggys and fruts etc, then started growing weed without telling anyone.. she appearded at my caravan with a huge bud out of surprise it was here frst grow :) (outdoors)

i believe that people that can grow veggys etc, can grow weed very well too, just by using there gardening skills :) keep it simple man and dont worry, stick with organic nutes, the ones i use i reccomend :)

About 1 week since transplanting: First, Lemon Kush, then Critical Haze, then the Sleestack Skunk :peace:

DSCN122911.JPG

DSCN122713.JPG

DSCN122812.JPG

I got a timer for the lighting. I highly recommend a timer if you like to sleep without interruption :) :peacetwo: :peace:
Do these look like they're growing like they should be????

I was wondering if there is a formula or a "standard" for knowing how much to water? My plants are between 1 1/2 and 3 inches tall and have between 4 and 6 leaves.... I've just been using a shot glass to water them when they feel like they need it. I've learned from past experience growing other things that instinct & feelings are a good thing to have but can also be wrong. Being wrong is no big deal when its a row of a few dozen tomatoes that can easily and cheaply be replaced.... but that's not the case with growing this.
The reason I question this is because my plants.... although they look really great to me.... don't seem to be growing as fast as some I've looked at in the journals here......Is it time to use nutes? Do they need more water? Thanks all! :peace:

Most recent pics.... this one is the over-all setup I'm using. The circulating fan is off to the side blowing across all of the small plants to help strengthen the stems. I've found this also has the added benefit of reducing my humidity. :)

DSCN123010.JPG
This is the Critical Haze that was stretching. It seems to be about the same height as it's been for a week???

DSCN12328.JPG

Below is the Sleestack Skunk. Does this look like it's time to transplant yet???

DSCN12336.JPG

Lemon Kush :circle-of-love: Looks pretty good considering a week or two ago I was declaring her dead! lol

DSCN122911.JPG
Questions??? Comments & constructive Criticism is always welcome! :peace:

I was wondering if there is a formula or a "standard" for knowing how much to water? My plants are between 1 1/2 and 3 inches tall and have between 4 and 6 leaves.... I've just been using a shot glass to water them when they feel like they need it. I've learned from past experience growing other things that instinct & feelings are a good thing to have but can also be wrong. Being wrong is no big deal when its a row of a few dozen tomatoes that can easily and cheaply be replaced.... but that's not the case with growing this.
The reason I question this is because my plants.... although they look really great to me.... don't seem to be growing as fast as some I've looked at in the journals here......Is it time to use nutes? Do they need more water? Thanks all! :peace:

Hi Beateo.
I find bag soil will carry me a couple of wks. before some yellowing shows up. Early on I only add low levels of kelp, minerals for roots, microbes, a bit of SuperThive. All geared to build roots. When I start NPK nutrients, I start at very low level. Once they get transplanted into my soil mix, I stop NPK additives for most of veg because there's plenty in the mix. Once transplanted, I find growth is explosive. So don't worry about slow growth at this stage, it's energy should be going towards building roots.

Water enough to keep soil moist. Every few days should do it. In picture, instead of the twist tie, you could just pack stem base with a little more soil until root system increases.

Looking good. Keep up the good work.

Pictures follow:
I'm having a problem with my plants first leaves starting to turn yellowish on all 3 plants plus the leaves are starting to fold under on the Lemon Kush?? I don't think it would be a nutrient problem since its only a little over a week since they sprouted and they're planted in organic forest soil. Am I watering too much.. not enough??? I'm trying to be very conservative with everything because one of the tips here tells me that most of the problems newbies have are caused by over doing things.... we almost never under-do things. But... when I water, I've been doing it with a shot glass.... I'm thinking I'm watering often enough but maybe not large enough amounts?? Appreciate any knowledge I can get.... any of it's better than my guesses. :)

Lemon_Kush2.JPG

Critical_Haze.JPG

Sleestack_Skunk1.JPG

The Yellow/Brown and the curling started to look even worse this morning. Obviously no one responded so I tried to find answers in the forums. I was kind of baffled that watering plants could be such a point of contention! Half the posts tell me I'm over-watering and half say I'm under-watering??? I felt like I had to try something and I considered that I've only been watering with a shot glass in tiny amounts so... I dumped lots of water on all 3 plants about an hour ago so we'll see if that helps???? I'm thinking it will either help them or kill them.
So, here's what I have today.... 3 heavily watered plants :), Large fruit tree pots, organic forest soil mixed with perlite, no nutes yet, 82 degrees F, 56% humidity, a double fan blowing on all 3 plants to circulate air and to strengthen the stems, CFLs with the hoods almost touching using 18/6 lighting schedule. Today I was able to open all the windows and allow the forest breeze to circulate in the grow room.
:peace:
On a different note.... I transplanted my sleestack skunk into its permanent pot. It started in an 8 ounce paper cup... when I cut open that cup I was AMAZED at how big the roots already were! In less than 2 weeks the roots were completely to the bottom of that cup.

:peacetwo:

I'm not sure if I'm screwing this up or not???? It's been about 2 weeks since I transplanted seeds into the soil mix and there are a few more leaves but the plants are generally the same size. They seem to be just sitting there doing nothing. I started 1/2 strength nutes yesterday so I'm hoping I start seeing some growth. At this rate I'll be buying my weed until the snow's flying! lol
I'm not really getting a whole lot of feedback here...feel like I'm winging it... so I'm just going to work under the premise that what I'm writing in this journal may help someone new in the future. If nothing else, maybe show them what not to do?? :peace:

I know at least 2 of you have been following my grow and helping me so I'm going to do my best to keep updating. :)
These 2 are my Lemon Kush that, although not very tall, have really seemed to perk up nicely!! :bravo:KUSH !!
lemon_kush3.jpg
lemon_kush21.jpg

These next 2 are the freebie regular Sleestack Skunk that are just pitiful looking! lol I'm not too concerned with it because there's a 50/50 chance I'll have to kill it anyway. :)
skunk214.jpg
skunk65.jpg

Now for the pictures of a larger plant that was started by a friend who is a lot more experienced at this than I am. This thing has what look like barbs on it and shoots and sprouts all over the place... maybe someone can tell me what I'm looking at??? LOL :peace:
gift2.jpg
gift.jpg

Now for the pictures of a larger plant that was started by a friend who is a lot more experienced at this than I am. This thing has what look like barbs on it and shoots and sprouts all over the place... maybe someone can tell me what I'm looking at??? LOL :peace:
gift2.jpg
gift.jpg
The one from your friend looks different from your seedlings because it is a clone.

Back
Top Bottom