Beateo's - Soil - Lemon Kush Feminized - 2014 - 1st Attempt

Re: Beateo's Soil, Lemon Kush Feminized 2014 1st attempt

UPDATE PHOTOS: If they come up in order this time... Sleestack Skunk, 2 Critical Hazes, Unknown Gifted Wild Child, and Lemon Kush..Questions? Comments? :peace:
Sleestack_Skunk2.JPG
Lemon_Kush22.JPG
Lemon_Kush5.JPG
Gifted_Wild_Child.JPG
Critical_Haze2.JPG

I replaced the wire that was holding my home made light fixture with chain finally. MUCH better! Every time I tried to adjust the lights with the wire I was risking putting an eye out! My mother always warned me "You'll put your eye out" :) Something else I've been thinking about doing I'd like to bounce off all of you guys and gals.... I saw a home made grow cabinet made of plywood and lined with mylar that was built with wheels that I was thinking about making. It occurred to me that I can't have plants at different grow stages in my grow room because of the different lighting needs! If I have the veg plants growing in the room and the flowering plants growing in a light tight cabinet in that room, I thought maybe I should be able to have plants in veg and plants in flower at the same time in the same room? Did I mention what a blast this whole process is? ~~~a big part of the fun is this site! :love:
:peace:

I replaced the wire that was holding my home made light fixture with chain finally. MUCH better! Every time I tried to adjust the lights with the wire I was risking putting an eye out! My mother always warned me "You'll put your eye out" :) Something else I've been thinking about doing I'd like to bounce off all of you guys and gals.... I saw a home made grow cabinet made of plywood and lined with mylar that was built with wheels that I was thinking about making. It occurred to me that I can't have plants at different grow stages in my grow room because of the different lighting needs! If I have the veg plants growing in the room and the flowering plants growing in a light tight cabinet in that room, I thought maybe I should be able to have plants in veg and plants in flower at the same time in the same room? Did I mention what a blast this whole process is? ~~~a big part of the fun is this site! :love:

yes thats possible . u can buy some panda paper
download35.jpg
to separate the rooms and make it light tight. you would need another form of air extraction for the second room. if worried about smell the flower room is were u want to filter your air .. the plants in veg don't seem to smell . i did find they smell good for a few mins when u water them.but not enough to worry about.

and i agree on what u said about the site . if im not in my grow room im on this damn site ..

5toner..Thank you for the kind words! :) It's easy for me to be into my grow... I'm retired, I only started smoking weed again a few months ago after laying off it since the late 70's (for the most part) and found that I can't afford to buy enough to satisfy me. :bong: And the biggest reason.... I was able to get off MASSIVE amounts of narcotics and smoke only weed for my chronic pain!! Oh... and having so many great people on this site to share with makes it fun instead of work :) Take care. :peace:

Here's a question for my friends who have completed a grow or two... The info from the seed bank says "flowering time: 8-9 weeks".. does this mean 8-9 weeks from the time I plant it that it should be put in flower.... OR.. does it mean that it should be in flowering mode for 8-9 weeks? :peace:

And another.... lol... I was just sitting in my grow room and noticed my freebie Sleestack Skunk is showing 5 leaves. I thought I read on here somewhere that meant it was male?? Does the plant have to be a certain size before we can tell the sex? Also, I noticed that the unknown gifted wild child has 3 leaves.... Do that make it poison ivy? :) :peace:

Smart people, correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge you can't tell the sex of a plant judging by the leaves. You have to wait until it has matured enough(started flowering, like second week or so) to check if it has a pear shaped ball that grows where leaf stems join the main stem. The ball (calyx) will develop two white hairs (pistils) that will grow out in a “V” shape(my friend explained it to me like that and told me to remeber: If it ha s a V, it's a girl:D) . You can google it for a waaaay better explanation;) As far as your Wild Child goes, I'm really intrigued to find out what it is, I hope someone with a biology encyclopedia between their ears will chime in soon!
Take care!:smokin:

I'm really hoping for some advice on this pest problem I'm having. They're getting much more numerous but they still don't look like they're at all interested in the plants... just seem to hang out in the soil??? They are really small and winged... if I had to guess I'd call them fruit flys or gnats?? Is there a way to get rid of them without hurting my plants? :peace:

I'm really hoping for some advice on this pest problem I'm having. They're getting much more numerous but they still don't look like they're at all interested in the plants... just seem to hang out in the soil??? They are really small and winged... if I had to guess I'd call them fruit flys or gnats?? Is there a way to get rid of them without hurting my plants? :peace:

Hey Beateo. Sounds like fungus gnats. Common problem....not easy to eliminate completely, but can suppress & get close to full wipe out. Here are some treatments I use: Beneficial nematodes (quite effective), Gnat Nix (ground up glass, new for me but seems to work if a deep enough layer is applied), SNS 203 (popular drench on 420 but never worked that well for me), yellow sticky traps (good for cleaning up stragglers & "super" gnats not killed by 1st 3. In combo, I'm currently winning the war.

Others use diatomaceous earth & BT granules. I haven't tried these however. Good luck.

Here's a question for my friends who have completed a grow or two... The info from the seed bank says "flowering time: 8-9 weeks".. does this mean 8-9 weeks from the time I plant it that it should be put in flower.... OR.. does it mean that it should be in flowering mode for 8-9 weeks? :peace:

#2. Suggested or recommended flowering time is calculated as the amount of time the plant is in flower stage. It's an educated estimate. Depending on individual environments that estimate can be off by as much as 4 to 12 weeks. Watch the trichomes for maturity and ripeness.

And another.... lol... I was just sitting in my grow room and noticed my freebie Sleestack Skunk is showing 5 leaves. I thought I read on here somewhere that meant it was male?? Does the plant have to be a certain size before we can tell the sex? Also, I noticed that the unknown gifted wild child has 3 leaves.... Do that make it poison ivy? :) :peace:

The number of fingers on a fan leaf has no relationship to the plants sex. Sex is determined after flowering has begun. Flowering begins automatically for autoflowers or after a week or three of 12/12 light schedule with photosensitive plants.

The pest larva will eat your roots. I don't have experience with a fix but the damage may be taking place where you cannot see it... yet. I hope you can get the pests sorted out quickly.

Best wishes. Happy growing.
/Obi Wan

You know.... I find it really cool to scroll through the "who's online" and see someone looking at my grow!! (dl):):thanks::peace:

Finally able to test ph. Got some strips at wallyworld.... mine was right around 8 in my water today and I know it should be somewhere around 6.5. Does this mean I need to make it more acidy or less? I always get that confused :) :peace: I was going to post some pictures showing the girl's progress but my daughter is visiting and she doesn't know her old bedroom is a grow room now... shhh... don't tell her! :) :) :) I'll post later tonight. :peace:

Sometimes I wonder if I'm losing it? I was all nervous when I tested my well water and it came up with ph about 8... When I tested it with the nutes mixed in it, it was 6.8. That's pretty close to our target. I did add some vinegar to my large supply container and it dropped right down to 6.4. Ok.. here are some pictures of my girls from tonight.:love: First 2 are my Gifted Unknown Wild Child!

Gifted_Unknown_WildChild.JPG

Gifted_Unknown_WildChild_a.JPG
Below is my Sleestack Skunk :peace:

Skunk10_2.JPG
Next is the Critical Haze :) seems to be coming along nicely!

Haze10_2a.JPG
Finally, the Lemon Kush. Yay! :)

Haze10_2.JPG

So now I'm thinking I have the ph under control. You can see the sand on top of the landscaping fabric that I put in tonight in the hope that it will eliminate the little gnats that were all over the soil. I post whether or not this works. :peace:

I forgot to mention that today is 30 days since the 3 plants I started got their 2nd set of leaves and actually started to look like they were going to grow. The one I got from a friend that I've been calling "Wild Child"... I have NO idea. :) :peace:

plants look great. lemon kush seems to start off slow but she comes around . and that ph is fine . seems the nutes lower the ph almost perfect but still in good range .
2planthlpr.gif

Hey Devil's Letuce... would it be a good idea to vary our ph but still keep it in the suggested range? I looks like some things absorb best at different ph levels. I was looking at the chart and if I stay at 6.8, it looks like I won't be utilizing iron (Fe) and whatever the orange one next to it is? What say you? :peace:

Back
Top Bottom