Beateo's - Soil - Lemon Kush Feminized - 2014 - 1st Attempt

Re: Beateo's Soil, Lemon Kush Feminized 2014 1st attempt

Thought it might be time for a photo update. :) The three plants I started sprouted just about 5 weeks ago.
These two are the Critical Haze on the left and the Lemon Kush on the right. You can see the pest strip hanging down... it's working great for those fungus gnats!

Haze_Kush2.JPG
I'm very happy with the progress the Haze is starting to make. The stem is getting really thick for it's size. The Lemon Kush isn't far behind. :)

Haze_Kush1.JPG

The Critical Haze by herself. :love:
Critical_Haze21.JPG
Below is the Lemon Kush. I'm pretty pleased with her too! :)

Lemon_Kush23.JPG

Below is the Sleestack Skunk. She's short compared to the others but is starting to put some mass on. :)
Sleestack_Skunk21.JPG
I didn't take any picture of my Gifted Unknown Wild Child.. she looks the same as before but about 2 feet tall. She's just as spindly as before. I need to do some research to find out how to bulk her up some. Size isn't really too important at the moment... I only have one grow room and all of my plants have to go into flower at the same time... Wild Child may just be a whole lot taller than the others. :) :peace:

looking great .. time to turn one cola into two.. gonna top or fim ?

hey who is the breeder of your seed (lk)?

looking great .. time to turn one cola into two.. gonna top or fim ?

hey who is the breeder of your seed (lk)?

I got the seeds from Herbies (not sure if that's the breeder or just the seller?), if that's not the breeder then I don't know? I don't know about top or fim either? I just looked up "fim" and still have no idea what the hell that even means? I need to look harder I guess because everything I looked at so far told everything about fim except what it actually is! lol There's also something about bending the tops that might be interesting.. LST, Low Stress Training? The guy that used the LST said that topping and fim put a lot of stress on a plant?? I read one opinion that said more colas don't equal more weed... just more buds that are smaller... overall the same amount of pot. I don't know what to believe. What have you had luck doing? Maybe some others can chime in too... I'll look at searches and other journals in the mean time. Is the idea to get multiple colas? How tall should I try to grow my girls before flowering? :peace:

hey beateo! your plants are lookng good man!

the haze is defnatly at a prime tme to be topped! i would say that topping is well worth it, and LST is a winner, theres a plant outside that i just lstd one branch and it has double the thickness of bud on that branch compared to the others!

hey beateo! your plants are lookng good man!

the haze is defnatly at a prime tme to be topped! i would say that topping is well worth it, and LST is a winner, theres a plant outside that i just lstd one branch and it has double the thickness of bud on that branch compared to the others!

OnTheMove... I need to do some more reading on it. :) I'm not sure where to make a cut when topping, and the LST is something I just found out about last night. Would it be too early to take a clone off of that Haze? :) :peace:

OnTheMove... I need to do some more reading on it. :) I'm not sure where to make a cut when topping, and the LST is something I just found out about last night. Would it be too early to take a clone off of that Haze? :) :peace:

hey look at youtube.. one of our member co finest has excellent videos .. go look thru his videos .he has a few
[video=youtube;xdk0xSro6v8]
[/video]

I got the seeds from Herbies (not sure if that's the breeder or just the seller?), if that's not the breeder then I don't know?

Herbies is the retailer/seller. They carry a selection of seeds from many breeders.

Breeder specific information can help you plan how to grow their strain with optimal results.

Some breeders strains respond well to different growing environments and techniques. Some plants of similar types may or may not:
  • like to be topped or fim'd
  • prefer cooler or warmer temps
  • be more or less mold and disease resistant
  • prefer indoor or outdoor environment
  • thrive with weak or strong nutrient levels
  • stay short or grow tall
  • many more variables ...
You can manage a successful grow without breeder information by following some general best practices for cannabis, learning to read your plant's needs and keeping a few notes to refer to.

I don't know about top or fim either?
Topping is cutting away all growth above a given a node.

I just looked up "fim" and still have no idea what the hell that even means?
F*ck I Missed!

From the top of a branch FIM is when you cut some new foliage while topping.
- I hope I explained that correctly

You can put the top of a topped plant into a clone setup. I don't think FIM remains would be viable?

Sometimes a picture can explain it better
I need to look harder I guess because everything I looked at so far told everything about fim except what it actually is! lol There's also something about bending the tops that might be interesting.. LST, Low Stress Training?
LST would be a gentle bend. Some also bend branches to a sharp 90 degree bend called Super Cropping which is a high stress technique.

The guy that used the LST said that topping and fim put a lot of stress on a plant??
Yes it can. With a photosensitive strain it can be given extra time to recover by extending the veg cycle by a week or two.

With autoflower strains you may simply lose a week or two of growth time.

I read one opinion that said more colas don't equal more weed... just more buds that are smaller... overall the same amount of pot. I don't know what to believe. What have you had luck doing?

This is where breeder specific information becomes extremely valuable. Some plants love to be topped. Some don't. There is a point of diminishing returns even with the ones that can tolerate it.

Maybe some others can chime in too... I'll look at searches and other journals in the mean time. Is the idea to get multiple colas?

Topping the main stem doesn't necessarily mean that the two new stems will produce more than the single one. Topping allows the side branches to catch up to the top of the canopy creating a bushier plant (rather than a tall one) and provides more light to more bud sights for an indoor grow.

How tall should I try to grow my girls before flowering? :peace:

Depending on the strain, the plant may grow another 60% or more after switch to flower. Don't forget to calculate headroom for lights and ventilation above the canopy.

/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

oh yea i forgot . i did research om our seeds. this is what i found. they are called (x-line lemon kush )from female seeds

Female Seeds - X-Line Lemon Kush
A Chitral kush from the Hindu Kush mountain range in Afghanistan and Pakistan. With an unique strong herbal lemon smell and taste. She is mostly indica with small hard nugs and with a little stretch towards the end. Stoney, yet high allround buzz. So, despite the indica heritage, she leads to a sativa-ish high in the head and is therefore a favourite amongst the connoisseurs of the medical community in Holland since the early 90’s.

Yield is average to good with very white, high resin buds after a flowering time of about 8 - 9 weeks. Height approx. 1m - 1.20m

Also suitable for outdoors in temperate climates, where the grapes and citrus grows. Harvest end September - half October.
User-Generated Strain-Profile
Known Phenotypes: » new » none up to now (homogenous??)
For this strain we got input by 3 user(s). Here a short overview:

Flowering Time Indoor: 61 - 68 days (~64 days)
Yield / Quantity Indoor: The crop of this strain is high.
General Impression Indoor: is all together extraordinary and quite recommendable.
Strength / Lasting Effect: The weed is strong and long lasting.
Votings of our users: X-Line Lemon Kush gets 7.61 of 10 possible Points in the average!

Flowering Time Indoor
Between 61 an 68 days (Average: 64 days.)
Stretch after the initiation of flowering
±104 Percent
Initiation of flowering onto around 43 cm. - Final Height onto around 80 cm.
Growth Behavior
Strong Sturdy Like a christmas tree
Side Branches
a lot of; medium length to long as well as above average strongness.
The plants of this Cannabis-Strain...
...are a good choice for commercial cultivation.
...can be placed close together.
...need much care.
...are not very tolerant to over- or under-fertilization.
...do not need much fertilizer.
...are vulnerable to fungal diseases.
...are not susceptible to mold.
...are tolerant of temperature fluctuations.
...have no problems with low temperatures.
...have no problems with high temperatures.
...looks and grow more like a Indica.
...are well suited for very low growrooms.
...are well suited for a ScroG (Screen of Green).
...are a good choice for beginners.
...build hardly ordinary buds on the side branches.
...from feminized seeds tend to hermaphrodites.
...can build pre flowers into the growth period.

Yield / Quantity
The crop of this strain is high.
Buds / Leaves
The ratio of buds to leaves is very good.
Bud Structure
The dried buds are very hard and very compact.
Strength / Lasting Effect
The weed is strong and long lasting.
Tolerance Built
extremely slow tolerance education.

Obi Wan & devils letuce... You guys have been AMAZINGLY helpful! This is the type of thing I need to actually absorb information... a "visual tutorial" works great for me... I have trouble learning by just reading (too many blows to the head during my career they tell me) but this...thank you! Now I can make some informed decisions. :cheer: :peace:

Looking good here! I have the same Seeds at work right now :)

and by the way. if you intend of putting them in flower with less then 3 month of veg, i would not top them. i topped mine and they really grow like a bush, so many new leaves i cant count them anymore :)

Tonight I did the LST thing on 2 of my plants. They didn't break...:cheer: and all except for the thick very bottom of the stalk softened right up by doing it the way CO Finest did it in his video. I did the Haze and the Lemon Kush. I didn't do the Skunk because it's a little behind of the other two. They "Gifted Wild Child", as I call her.... well... I just don't even know what the hell I'm looking at?? It's 2 feet tall, has 3 main stalks and doesn't seem to have enough branching off of it to bother bending it, so I left it alone. There is a lot of space between branches unlike my other plants that are pretty tight.
I do have one question for those of you who have done this LST before.... when I bent the plants, the branches on the one side did have direct lighting.. but all of the thick growth on the side it was bending towards nose dived right into the soil. Should the branches on that side have been clipped off or is this not a problem? I think I probably missed a really good chance to get some clones clipped? :) :peace:
As a side note, I've officially spent more on CFLs than I would have on LEDs now! lol I found some 200W equivalents today for $22 each and of course had to buy them. Also made a 3 light thing to give my plants side lighting.... I'll take pictures soon... for now.. time to smoke a little and get some sleep! :smokin:

Looking good here! I have the same Seeds at work right now :)

and by the way. if you intend of putting them in flower with less then 3 month of veg, i would not top them. i topped mine and they really grow like a bush, so many new leaves i cant count them anymore :)

i have one i topped and tied down . shes 47 days old today .. flipping her in less than a week . she already has a stench about her ..

I decided to go ahead and bend that spindly, 3 leaved, tri-stalked, sparse branch havin' gifted wild child! :) :) :) We'll see what happens. By the looks of that particular girl, I don't think I have much to lose. The Haze and Lemon Kush are already starting to have their side branches re-direct toward the lights and the branches I was worried about plowing into the soil.. aren't! :) Having a blast..it's time again for a :smokin: :peace:

So I did the LST on my Haze and Lemon Kush, then the next day did it to that monstrosity I call "gifted wild child" and thought I'd leave the Sleestack Skunk alone since it wasn't as far along as the others. So... I topped it. lol I'm hoping it starts popping new tops like the others have. Since all of the plants are different strains, this isn't really a way to compare techniques, but at least I now have a bit of experience doing each of them! :) :peace:

By the way.. I wanted to post a link to this AWESOME CFL Lighting Tutorial! There are some really kick-ass ideas and designs in this! :peace:
I hope this link works: CFL Light Tutorial

the lst and top will pay of in the end .. i have over 25 spots budding on a level canopy on my Hawaiian skunk haze

2014-10-05_17-56-10_481.jpg
2014-10-05_17-56-21_849.jpg

Holy Crap!! Man, if that's one plant, you're my fricken hero dude!! lol :bravo: If that's from doing LST.. I'm a fan. :peace:

i topped every spot i could when she was real young . kept her tied down and the released her . she was the first plant ive ever done it to because i grew auto flowers . I just tried whatever with her to learn before i did my fem seeds because she was a free reg seed and i thought she would probably be a he lol. it all worked out .

Back
Top Bottom