BID 4.0 - Hydro - Autos - JDL - DWC Bubble Buckets - Shootout

Re: BID 4.0 - Hydro - Autos - JDL - DWC Bubble Buckets - Blue Planet Nutrients Shooto

I went back to the first page of your grow & I must say I love what I am seeing.

Re: BID 4.0 - Hydro - Autos - JDL - DWC Bubble Buckets - Blue Planet Nutrients Shooto

ok heres some not very great pics of veg & flower from today, im expecting them to look better soon, and have some male gdps flowering im trying to get to reveg, they were getting sexed and cloned at the same time and i had a the lights in veg get unplugged right as i was putting them in reveg soo the really got far into flower i may just go ahead and flower 1 male and 1 female small for a few seeds what do you guys think? they have been on 24/0 for a few days but still flowering hard
heres flower
20130321_154347.jpg
20130321_154401.jpg
20130321_154415.jpg
20130321_154423.jpg
20130321_154432.jpg
20130321_154439.jpg
20130321_154508.jpg
and veg
20130321_154704.jpg
20130321_154820.jpg
20130321_154812.jpg
20130321_154833.jpg
20130321_154851.jpg
20130321_155030.jpg
20130321_155049.jpg

Hey BID
You must play lot's of baby making music in your spot!
Looks like things are happnin!
I wanted to invite ya to a new journal I just started today.
Please drop by anytime my friend!

Vick's - OG Kush & Ambrosia Grow - Coco-GH-HPS-Wiw!

Been reading through your journal, +reps on everything.
thank you so very much!!:thumb:

Getting ALL SEXED UP...:cheesygrinsmiley:
Looking good BID! So many strains, so little time!
:slide:
word!! yup the red light is on, the barry white is playing, ky in the warmer, and the ladies are waiting on the boys to make a move, well 1 male and many ladies=1 lucky doode!!!

Hey BID
You must play lot's of baby making music in your spot!
Looks like things are happnin!
I wanted to invite ya to a new journal I just started today.
Please drop by anytime my friend!

Vick's - OG Kush & Ambrosia Grow - Coco-GH-HPS-Wiw!

been there subbed that!:thumb:

we are off to a strange start with this breeding episode, the clones (all male & female) were getting 12/12 light during rooting my plan was to clone for sex then reveg, well a couple things happened to throw me off,
1 being i got stuck on stupid for a sec, i dont know why i didnt think to just keep them flowering and breed them small for a small batch of seeds to ensure i have more gdp beans to work with,
2 i culled the 2 big male fathers as they were not doing well,
3 the light got unplugged for a few days (3 i think) so the flowering clones really took off flowering, so i flipped the light on for 24/7 to try to get them revegging, well after 3 days 2 males seem to be revegging and 2 seem to be ignoring it and have progressed further into flower so i pulled 1 female that was the most flowered and th most flowered male out and now have them back in 12/12 in hopes of getting a few seeds, what im worried bout is losing the males as they have a tendency to die after flowering this would wreck my whole gdp breeding plan, i still have my big female so very ready to flower its funny shes 11 weeks in veg or 2.79 months so fingers crossed that the 3 males will reveg and the 1 male and 1 female i have pulled out to breed are successful in making a few beans

Quote for Today:
“The greatest service which can be rendered any country is the add of a useful plant to its culture!” -Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President
If I use the same quote twice forgive me. I can not remember what ones I have used and what ones I haven't sometimes....

Uh oh...Heres sending you good vibe to get the GDP breeding back on track! :Namaste:

yes i need all the good vibes i can get for my gdps im gonna cry if i have to buy gdp seeds again to have normal male x female seeds ,i just they are way over priced for regular seeds, when i eventually get to a point where i can offer my work to the masses i want my retail price to be a buck a bean for regs and not over 2 for fems and same as fems for autos so my max retail for anything would be 2$
cuz seeds are easy to make and plentiful hell i can pull 300 off one medium sized bud that was only lightly dusted with pollen, once i did a whole plant it was an early version of trailor trash i put a male and female in 12/12 from seed they were grown in 44 oz soda cups and i pulled 2 cups of seed (2 8oz measuring cups) full of seed!!! at a buck a bean well you can imagine what that would be worth, funny how beans are worth far more than the finest bud !! an oz of seed is worth an insane amount of money compared to an oz of cannabis ,think about the size of a seed that cost say 20$ would anybody pay 20$ for and equal amount of bud? it would be a crumb!!
sometimes i think growers are in th wrong business lol if you think about it making seed is a far more lucrative business seeds are fast and easy to make, store and keep far longer than dried flowers,you dont have to worry about what color trichs are ,flushing etc etc etc, you pollinate and in a month (usually) and you have 100's 1000's 10,000's of seeds, thoughts on this is part of the reason i love breeding along with the original thing that interested me ,creating amazing new strains etc,
hmm im rambling good ol blue dream! lol:thumb:

yes i need all the good vibes i can get for my gdps im gonna cry if i have to buy gdp seeds again to have normal male x female seeds ,i just they are way over priced for regular seeds, when i eventually get to a point where i can offer my work to the masses i want my retail price to be a buck a bean for regs and not over 2 for fems and same as fems for autos so my max retail for anything would be 2$
cuz seeds are easy to make and plentiful hell i can pull 300 off one medium sized bud that was only lightly dusted with pollen, once i did a whole plant it was an early version of trailor trash i put a male and female in 12/12 from seed they were grown in 44 oz soda cups and i pulled 2 cups of seed (2 8oz measuring cups) full of seed!!! at a buck a bean well you can imagine what that would be worth, funny how beans are worth far more than the finest bud !! an oz of seed is worth an insane amount of money compared to an oz of cannabis ,think about the size of a seed that cost say 20$ would anybody pay 20$ for and equal amount of bud? it would be a crumb!!
sometimes i think growers are in th wrong business lol if you think about it making seed is a far more lucrative business seeds are fast and easy to make, store and keep far longer than dried flowers,you dont have to worry about what color trichs are ,flushing etc etc etc, you pollinate and in a month (usually) and you have 100's 1000's 10,000's of seeds, thoughts on this is part of the reason i love breeding along with the original thing that interested me ,creating amazing new strains etc,

I agree with you, in that, seeds are much cheaper if you make them yourself. I guess where I am on the fense about it is that, the breeders go to great lengths to stabilize a strain. We have to trust them, which sucks, but given that growers like us have much less experience and limited resources with which to dedicate to locking in strain traits and stability, I feel that my chances of having a run with no, or at least fewer hermies is greater, not to mention the better chance of getting the pheno that the strain is typically known for. I tend to buy strains based on their characteristics as a whole, and when I buy seeds from breeders I expect them to perform reasonably close to the description. When we just start breeding, we really have to pay close attention to each plant out of 10's or hundreds of plants to get what we're really after, unless what we're after is just a hand full of seeds that can't be expected to do more than grow....
Crap now I'm rambling lol.
I guess the jist is that IMO, once you create the seeds, you don't know what they'll do until you grow them out by the tens, an, I guess if I had more spaces to grow in that would be fun-But until then I have to trust the companies to provide me with known quality genetics and pheno-types...But trust me, I have a nice stash of seeds that came from hermies too, I just don't trust that they won't declare shenannigans on my closet!!

Quote for Today:
"Cultivators of the earth are the most virtuous and independent citizens." ~ Thomas Jefferson

I agree with you, in that, seeds are much cheaper if you make them yourself. I guess where I am on the fense about it is that, the breeders go to great lengths to stabilize a strain. We have to trust them, which sucks, but given that growers like us have much less experience and limited resources with which to dedicate to locking in strain traits and stability, I feel that my chances of having a run with no, or at least fewer hermies is greater, not to mention the better chance of getting the pheno that the strain is typically known for. I tend to buy strains based on their characteristics as a whole, and when I buy seeds from breeders I expect them to perform reasonably close to the description. When we just start breeding, we really have to pay close attention to each plant out of 10's or hundreds of plants to get what we're really after, unless what we're after is just a hand full of seeds that can't be expected to do more than grow....
Crap now I'm rambling lol.
I guess the jist is that IMO, once you create the seeds, you don't know what they'll do until you grow them out by the tens, an, I guess if I had more spaces to grow in that would be fun-But until then I have to trust the companies to provide me with known quality genetics and pheno-types...But trust me, I have a nice stash of seeds that came from hermies too, I just don't trust that they won't declare shenannigans on my closet!!
Shenanigans :blushsmile: I buy few genetic 'packages', and keep them veg 24 for cuttings. When yellow tongue sticks out a cola, I'm real unhappy and blame the strain. "I'm done wit you, mama. No you don't need no lawyer, trust me". But... it might have been my fault.

When Mendel's theories were integrated with the Chromosome Theory of Inheritance by Thomas Hunt Morgan in 1915, they became the core of classical genetics.
Gregor Mendel grew a lot of peas 150 years ago. Legit breeders read him, Morgan, and plenty more. If true, their work is worth what I have to pay.
Same with fertilizer. I buy a bit of BPN, mix 'n pour with no worries. Owner's a pro.
Just keeping my growbox enviro conditions near optimal is my job. KISS isn't always easy :smokin:

Did I just trash-talk seed growers? Oh yeah, but... the seeds I recently sprouted are strong vigorous beauties. Growing a limited plant count makes seed starts look good, even at high dollar. I had to pay $20 for one reg seed of Cannalope, and I haven't yet lifted it's leg for a peek at it's package. It'll be a short stinky & quick sativa, or fan leaf juice. 20 bucks, do you feel lucky?
Cuttings are cheap, so I like them but... gotta keep a veg room. Sure, seedlings are babies for a little while but they get over it. A push?

im making crosses to build my collection, growing the f2s will be fun and reveal some wild things im sure,,,but something to think about with many of the "strains" out today many are simply f1 crosses if you breed them your doing the f2 and the crazyness starts , many of them are not stabilized or even close to it, the sell em we grow em if we cross and dont like the result we blame ourselves and buy more f1 crosses, its not hard to keep a mother and father for cloning ,grow out and breed anytime you need more f1 beans to sell, a seed bank or "breeder" can do this for years selling the seeds and never stabilizing the cross, the true artists in breeding make true ibl stabilized strains we can cross and the progeny will breed true with little if any variance, when i breed the gdp and grow out those seeds we'll know if the breeder did the work or its just f1's, if i get 10 phenos its not a stabilized ibl strain! like bubbelicious from nirvana if you buy regs and breed them they will breed true,
food for thought

its been brought to my attention that my love for breeding and creating seeds may have givin people the wrong idea, for the record i have never sold ,offered to sell,or plan to sell any of my seeds to anyone for any reason, they are mine for me, i talk and share only my interest in the breeding and creating of the beautiful cannabis plant, if someday in the future my love of the hobby results in something worth the market, i will only do so in the proper way thru proper channels, and not involving anyone from this forum or any contacts made here, im sorry to anyone who got the idea that i would sell or even gift seeds to 420 mag members, besides im a novice nobody wants any of the junk seeds i make , they are just me practicing at being a breeder nothing even remotely close to the masterworks of genetics offered by our sponsors

Back
Top Bottom