GDB's Auto Array

Hello growers.

A few days ago I spoke about leaf issues on my SCC that might be a problem. Well, it IS a problem.
I started noticing the rust-colored spots on the SCC several weeks ago. My lazy butt did nothing and the problem has worsened.

Then I thought it was bugs and starting spraying with spinosad. Thing is, I haven't seen any bugs (except the one's I spotted on my Californian Snow right before I took her down).

Now the plant that sits next to the SCC is starting to develop the same spots. (And that plant is the one that I'm baby-sitting for a friend. I surely don't want to mess it up!)

Here's a pic. Of course ANY suggestions will be appreciated. The SCC leaf is on the right.

P1030916.JPG

@MrSauga @InTheShed @Virgin Ground @Emilya @PCaddict @ChefDGreen @Carcass

I had been getting those same exact problems on several plants until this last crop. I backed off MC and supplements a tiny bit and I believe my problem, which I thought was a potassium overdose, was actually Cal deficiency due to a bit too much nitrogen. I also switched to pro mix, and you may already be in that. Just my $.02, and if you're worried, my plants still produced pretty nice product even with that issue.

I had been getting those same exact problems on several plants until this last crop. I backed off MC and supplements a tiny bit and I believe my problem, which I thought was a potassium overdose, was actually Cal deficiency due to a bit too much nitrogen. I also switched to pro mix, and you may already be in that. Just my $.02, and if you're worried, my plants still produced pretty nice product even with that issue.
Thanks, @13goody13. Cutting back sounds like a good place to start. I kept these plants at 4.5g of MC for weeks, then bumped them to 4.8g on 11/27 and up to 5g on 11/29. Maybe a bit too much to quickly. I'll give them a bit of cal too.

Thanks, @13goody13. Cutting back sounds like a good place to start. I kept these plants at 4.5g of MC for weeks, then bumped them to 4.8g on 11/27 and up to 5g on 11/29. Maybe a bit too much to quickly. I'll give them a bit of cal too.
I was having more problems up around 6 + supplements. And like Shed said, definitely ease up on SC until that spotting stops, it may have been that combo that sent it a bit over the edge. Luckily this is one of those good places that means you are feeding right but just gave it too much a few times. MC has turned out to be pretty forgiving if you act fairly quickly.
The Wedding cake never went above 6g total, so it either got 5g MC +1g SC, or just 6g MC. It may be the genetics but the problem didn’t occur in this plant.

Drop the Sweet Candy to start. If it stops progressing after a week, great. If it continues bump the MC to 5.5. And be sure to water to heavy runoff to get rid of the excess P and K.
Well, I read this response after responding to the @13goody13 response. Now I'm conflicted (which is so normal). :Rasta:

I went through this earlier today when I researched the leaf symptoms. So many of the example pics looked liked calmag deficiencies but were something else. It had me wondering how anyone diagnoses these issues. My guess is that the real knowledge comes from experience.

So tell me, @InTheShed and @13goody13, which of you has been growing the longest? :rofl:

Yeah I like sheds plan. Where are you seeing these leaves? Just pretty much all over?
All over the SCC, but that's because it started a while back and I did nothing. On the plant next to it, it's only on a few leaves that may have contacted the SCC.

I agree with Shed- lose the Sweet Candy- I burnt the heck out
of a Northern Lights with that stuff- took about 4 days after using the SC for the damage to
show up.
Didn't really hurt the buds, but it sure made for a butt-ugly plant...
I've used a little Bud Explosion since then (with no ill effects), but that Sweet Candy kinda scares me, so I haven't used it since...

1606939387038.jpeg

All over the SCC, but that's because it started a while back and I did nothing. On the plant next to it, it's only on a few leaves that may have contacted the SCC.
Well, I read this response after responding to the @13goody13 response. Now I'm conflicted (which is so normal). :Rasta:

I went through this earlier today when researched the leaf symptoms. So many of the example pics looked liked calmag deficiencies but were something else. It had me wondering how anyone diagnoses these issues. My guess is that the real knowledge comes from experience.

So tell me, @InTheShed and @13goody13, which of you has been growing the longest? :rofl:
I have only been growing autos with MC for a year, so that’s what really matters :p definitely listen to these guys. I like sweet candy (and terp/purpinator) but I’ve learned to use them use sparingly. The MC and good soil really does most of what I need.
And definitely get @MrSauga in here to talk about that cal problem being upper or lower leaves, it means everything.

Let me throw one more factor into the equation. The plant that's next to the SCC (the bigger leaf in the pic), is on straight MC and no Sweet Candy. Her feed has been at 4.8g since 11/21.

Something to always keep in mind when using supplements is this:
A plant will not take up more than it needs from the substrate, which is to say you cannot force feed a plant. Adding more P or K will not build better buds unless your plant was showing a P or K deficiency. Adding P or K to a plant that isn't showing a deficiency will leave you with plants that look like carcass' poor plant did.

And with MC, if you see a deficiency, you add more MC. That's the beauty of it.

Imagine a world where we didn't have years of being incorrectly told that plants needed a lot more P in flower, or to cut N during flower. No one would be buying any supplements at all! So much marketing hype out there that when GLN started selling MC to the masses it stated that supplements were not needed. It later changed that because $.
Her feed has been at 4.8g since 11/21
That's telling you to bump the MC.

Something to always keep in mind when using supplements is this:
A plant will not take up more than it needs from the substrate, which is to say you cannot force feed a plant. Adding more P or K will not build better buds unless your plant was showing a P or K deficiency. Adding P or K to a plant that isn't showing a deficiency will leave you with plants that look like carcass' poor plant did.

And with MC, if you see a deficiency, you add more MC. That's the beauty of it.

Imagine a world where we didn't have years of being incorrectly told that plants needed a lot more P in flower, or to cut N during flower. No one would be buying any supplements at all! So much marketing hype out there that when GLN started selling MC to the masses it stated that supplements were not needed. It later changed that because $.

That's telling you to bump the MC.
@InTheShed, this response made me go and take a closer look at the plant (GG) next to the SCC. Indeed, the spots are also appearing on leaves that have not come into contact with the SCC.

So I'm going to take the GG up to 5.3 MC and eliminate the Sweet Candy from the SCC.

Thank you and everyone else (@13goody13 and @Carcass) for responding so quickly! :Rasta:

I'll post on the progress of the plants.

I LUV :420:!!!

To me it like looks like cal def.
Either from lockout or underfeeding.
I like them at 5 gr right at or after flip to flower.
Without being there I would say underfeeding the base nutrient.
I don't really feel the need to run supplements with the MC. I did use quite a bit of Purpinator but that stuff seems like you can add a bunch without negative consequences and it was a test run of the product for me.

Sorry.I don't know much about your grow. Like what medium, environment and what your watering practices are like?

Aside from lockout and underfeeding, rust mold will also give a similar appearance but I don't think that's it. They seem to start as white spots, is that correct?

I would definitely lean towards cal def if that was the case.

If it were my plant I would flush and reset to 5 gr. Try to get any extra additives out of her medium. Once again said without knowing your grow.

To me it like looks like cal def.
Either from lockout or underfeeding.
I like them at 5 gr right at or after flip to flower.
Without being there I would say underfeeding the base nutrient.
I don't really feel the need to run supplements with the MC. I did use quite a bit of Purpinator but that stuff seems like you can add a bunch without negative consequences and it was a test run of the product for me.

Sorry.I don't know much about your grow. Like what medium, environment and what your watering practices are like?

Aside from lockout and underfeeding, rust mold will also give a similar appearance but I don't think that's it. They seem to start as white spots, is that correct?

I would definitely lean towards cal def if that was the case.

If it were my plant I would flush and reset to 5 gr. Try to get any extra additives out of her medium. Once again said without knowing your grow.
I apologize to you @Virgin Ground. I thought you had been following this thread. I would not have tagged you otherwise.
But thanks for your input. It is valued! :Rasta:

I apologize to you @Virgin Ground. I thought you had been following this thread. I would not have tagged you otherwise.
But thanks for your input. It is valued! :Rasta:
Feel free to summon me. I'll always answer if it isn't buried too far in my notifications. I try to keep up but I've missed a few in the past.

Back
Top Bottom