BID 4.0 - Hydro - Autos - JDL - DWC Bubble Buckets - Shootout

Re: BID 4.0 - Hydro - Autos - JDL - DWC Bubble Buckets - Blue Planet Nutrients Shooto

its been brought to my attention that my love for breeding and creating seeds may have givin people the wrong idea, for the record i have never sold ,offered to sell,or plan to sell any of my seeds to anyone for any reason, they are mine for me, i talk and share only my interest in the breeding and creating of the beautiful cannabis plant, if someday in the future my love of the hobby results in something worth the market, i will only do so in the proper way thru proper channels, and not involving anyone from this forum or any contacts made here, im sorry to anyone who got the idea that i would sell or even gift seeds to 420 mag members, besides im a novice nobody wants any of the junk seeds i make , they are just me practicing at being a breeder nothing even remotely close to the masterworks of genetics offered by our sponsors
If you want beans get them through the sponsors. Bid takes his time to teach us how to breed
and thats all he is doing.

Re: BID 4.0 - Hydro - Autos - JDL - DWC Bubble Buckets - Blue Planet Nutrients Shooto

I am doing the same as BID because I had a beautiful GDP male and I want that lovely stature crossed with some other greats. :) Hope all goes well for you BID and keep me informed about the GDP breeding as in my current journal my GDP lady will be getting a little dusting on a branch. :)

Quote for Today:
"Forty million Americans smoked marijuana; the only ones who didn't like it were Judge Ginsberg, Clarence Thomas and Bill Clinton."
- Jay Leno

Good night everyone have a wonderful GREEN day tomorrow...

Quote for Today:
"Forty million Americans smoked marijuana; the only ones who didn't like it were Judge Ginsberg, Clarence Thomas and Bill Clinton."
- Jay Leno
Did Jay tell you also that Bill is a professional liar, Judge Ginsberg doesn't like anything, and Clarence Thomas recused himself?

Im not a religous person but I found this in the bible
Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
So next time you hear a bible thumper putting down mj lol in their face. I do daily.

Man I get behind on journals fast. Sorry for replying to something 2 pages back, but I think you might already have moved your reveged clones. IMHO, I wouldn't put them back in flower. We all know light cycle changes during flowering is likely to cause the plant to hermaphrodite. If your goal is "pure" genetics, then this would make me nervous. What if the female kicks out her own male parts? How will you know which seeds are which? Can a male plant hermie too? We never grow them, so I've never seen it. The male doesn't have the same trigger as a female to know when it's done it's job, so maybe it has no 'motivation' to hermie. Anyway, had to share that thought. (It's a compulsion. I'm working on it lol)

In regards to the profit in seed farming vs bud farming, you have to take into consideration the market as well. There are a LOT more smokers than growers. Your logic is sound in all other ways though. I think the seed market is very different than the bud market though. We know that if we grow top shelf nugs, they will sell. Everybody wants the kind! Can the same be said for seeds though? What makes you buy seeds from a certain breeder? I suspect it's a combination of reputation they have developed with you and the marketing on the seed bank site or the breeder's site. My wife worked through the same logic as you and asked why we're not making seeds instead. To be a successful breeder, in terms of making $ rather than good breeds, you will need to develop your brand. It also means you will have to "go public" about your activities. I've already got plans to start the former, it's the last part that I'm gun shy about. I aint tellin' nobody I grow until I see how the new laws work themselves out here in WA.

Whew. I feel better. Thanks for teaching me how to breed BID. I expect to learn a lot more from you. :Namaste:

Plants have various capabilities, and demonstrate these talents when auxins & other growth regulators vary, or are varied. Like when you cut off a branch and stick it in the ground. Plant gets over it's shock in a couple and gets on with making roots. Cutting almost goes all-the-way juvenile with that one, and it's real organic change but not DNA. Micro propagation techniques can bring most any sterile plant tissue sample(explant) to callus. It's undifferentiated cells at that point, will expand then can be modified with hormones to pop new shoots to be cut off and rooted conventionally. I think hermies can be cured, but I personally don't want to. Bad breeding IMO.

ok heres some not very great pics of veg & flower from today, im expecting them to look better soon, and have some male gdps flowering im trying to get to reveg, they were getting sexed and cloned at the same time and i had a the lights in veg get unplugged right as i was putting them in reveg soo the really got far into flower i may just go ahead and flower 1 male and 1 female small for a few seeds what do you guys think? they have been on 24/0 for a few days but still flowering hard
heres flower
and veg
20130321_155030.jpg

That male will continue until he's finished even if you reveg him, those flowers will finish up, and release the pollen inside. Then, he'll reveg.

Anyway, you asked what I thought.

This is not my normal quote of the day but, this morning it brings me great pleasure to read this simple little thing Buddha said that at one point in time changed my life. (disclaimer: I am not pushing any religion on anyone)

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
Buddha

well im back after my little 420 hiatus i doubt anyone noticed i have been logged out for a few days, i needed a little break, so what i decided to do with the clones that were flowering was to keep 1 male and 1 female out and in flower, im collecting pollen from the male and will dust the female when shes ready, the others are in reveg the males had all pollen sacks pulled off and topped to encourage veg,, im not worried about hermies my 1 big female is doing good last night i topped her and did some light defol, theres several good cuts i can use for fresh clones that can be used for fem seed if i so choose, so if all the clones go to hell i dont really care i have a backup plan, and a good stash of my trusty old royal purple kush pollen ,i was looking at pics of that male and its uncanny how much it looks exactly like gdp, im willing to bet they are very close ,(rpk is black afgani x bubba kush) so givin that they look and smell very very similar both purple with low temps ,both indica, my guess is offspring from either dad would produce nearly identical kids, hell the rpk might make an even better choice since it would be an f1 hybrid and be very consistent, where crossing the gdp male & female may be an f2 where phenotypes could be all over the place.
no worries, i have soooo many strains i want to try between purchased and my crosses i have 52+ strains to choose from!
much fun and experimentation ahead, im also debating on ending this journal after the next harvest,the title does not match the methods any longer ,theres no shootout and no hydro now and i dont really like them getting to long ,its intimidating to start a 50+ page journal , by harvest time it will be pretty big maybe 60+ any thoughts on that ?

I'd dream up a thought on your journalistic plans BID, but I'd rather talk to Spiffy.

(disclaimer: I am not pushing any religion on anyone)
Much culture clash is blamed on religion, which is used to excuse ambition and greed.
Buddha's quote is spiritual and universal. He is paraphrased by countless philosophers, self-help gurus, self-made millionaires and happy people. :thanks:

If you want beans get them through the sponsors. Bid takes his time to teach us how to breed
and thats all he is doing.
well i sharing what i learn as i go, if that teaches others ,cool but i encourage you all to do your own study and research,i will undoubtedly get things wrong before i get it right, thank your for the faith and encouragement :thumb:

what bill said!+ Reps to BID for his Modesty:cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:
ty ty ,modesty? me? haha i have them all fooled! mere mortals!! (hmm did i say that out loud?)

I am doing the same as BID because I had a beautiful GDP male and I want that lovely stature crossed with some other greats. :) Hope all goes well for you BID and keep me informed about the GDP breeding as in my current journal my GDP lady will be getting a little dusting on a branch. :)
most excellent! we will soon know if the gdp is stabilized ,in any case a lovely plant

But nobody has TRAILER TRASH,a BID original:cheesygrinsmiley:
I Remember that journal:peace:
still have her, in 3 forms, indica cross,original sativa dominate, and feminized, a beautiful beast i have grown for over 5 years, she will make a comback in my journals no doubt

Man I get behind on journals fast. Sorry for replying to something 2 pages back, but I think you might already have moved your reveged clones. IMHO, I wouldn't put them back in flower. We all know light cycle changes during flowering is likely to cause the plant to hermaphrodite. If your goal is "pure" genetics, then this would make me nervous. What if the female kicks out her own male parts? How will you know which seeds are which? Can a male plant hermie too? We never grow them, so I've never seen it. The male doesn't have the same trigger as a female to know when it's done it's job, so maybe it has no 'motivation' to hermie. Anyway, had to share that thought. (It's a compulsion. I'm working on it lol)

In regards to the profit in seed farming vs bud farming, you have to take into consideration the market as well. There are a LOT more smokers than growers. Your logic is sound in all other ways though. I think the seed market is very different than the bud market though. We know that if we grow top shelf nugs, they will sell. Everybody wants the kind! Can the same be said for seeds though? What makes you buy seeds from a certain breeder? I suspect it's a combination of reputation they have developed with you and the marketing on the seed bank site or the breeder's site. My wife worked through the same logic as you and asked why we're not making seeds instead. To be a successful breeder, in terms of making $ rather than good breeds, you will need to develop your brand. It also means you will have to "go public" about your activities. I've already got plans to start the former, it's the last part that I'm gun shy about. I aint tellin' nobody I grow until I see how the new laws work themselves out here in WA.

Whew. I feel better. Thanks for teaching me how to breed BID. I expect to learn a lot more from you. :Namaste:
well thank you for that, sometimes i think im an idiot then one of my crosses blows my mind and i think "idiot savant"? funny thing is its my autos that have been turning out the best, ask spiffy about "blue caramel" or super blue auto diesel", i worry not about hermies, i read a long,very long article about them, and the truth is they are a natural part of the plants dna, some of the old school strains that ppl reminisce about were almost all hermies ,the actual name of this escapes me atm, at one point my trailor trash was almost all hermies (in the early days) but i was patient and bred it till it became recessive and rarely happens now, she put out a few very special perfect hermies that started flowering with equal male & female parts i destroyed them all ,a mistake i learned later as that pollen is special for using in breeding as its a natural feminized pollen,put it on another plant that has no hermie tendency and you get 99% females with mostly the mothers influence, i learned this later, and have not seen another perfect hermie(diploid?) from tt since lol go figure , and in the end if everything goes to shit i throw em all out and start over im in the learning process right now, im doing this for my own personal edification and practice , i sure hope it helps others to not be intimidated by breeding and afraid of hermies, most of us are not doing this for big production and a few fem seeds are a nice little treasure, in my experience i have not ever had the hermie seeds grow to be hermies any more so than the parents and usually its my fault the did it in the first place(light leaks/stress etc) that and i dont take myself to seriously i know i'll make many mistakes but to me thats ok as long as im learning and having fun :thumb:

Plants have various capabilities, and demonstrate these talents when auxins & other growth regulators vary, or are varied. Like when you cut off a branch and stick it in the ground. Plant gets over it's shock in a couple and gets on with making roots. Cutting almost goes all-the-way juvenile with that one, and it's real organic change but not DNA. Micro propagation techniques can bring most any sterile plant tissue sample(explant) to callus. It's undifferentiated cells at that point, will expand then can be modified with hormones to pop new shoots to be cut off and rooted conventionally. I think hermies can be cured, but I personally don't want to. Bad breeding IMO.
i cured hermie trailor trash ,and im sure im a bad breeder at this point,but i do it to learn and have fun, and its not like anybody will be getting any of my seeds, well except for my mothers chickens, a good use for my seed =chicken scratch :rofl:
That male will continue until he's finished even if you reveg him, those flowers will finish up, and release the pollen inside. Then, he'll reveg.

Anyway, you asked what I thought.
thank you my purple brother, and thats what i did more or less, see above for my done deeds if you have not already, i need to follow your breeding project better so i can learn how a real breeder does stuff i know you know alot more about genetics than i do :adore:

This is not my normal quote of the day but, this morning it brings me great pleasure to read this simple little thing Buddha said that at one point in time changed my life. (disclaimer: I am not pushing any religion on anyone)

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
Buddha
beautiful....just like you:love::love::love:

I'd dream up a thought on your journalistic plans BID, but I'd rather talk to Spiffy.

Much culture clash is blamed on religion, which is used to excuse ambition and greed.
Buddha's quote is spiritual and universal. He is paraphrased by countless philosophers, self-help gurus, self-made millionaires and happy people. :thanks:

yes she is much more interesting than i (one dimensional weed geek) and pretty damn easy on the eyes! :adore: hubba hubba

buddah rocks!!! i wanna be his bitch

The reason for the disclaimer was because I put the same quote on another site where friends of mine who I have known for years could read it. This cause a massive debate on religion and the existence of a god. It all lead to some hard feelings and some people very angry with me. I did not want to have the same problem here. This quote means a lot to me it brought me though a time in my life where I thought I could do nothing right. As we know now that is untrue but, I am sure we all have had a time in our life even if it was for a split second we had some form of self loathing. Now you all know more about me so I will go back into my shell....lol

The reason for the disclaimer was because I put the same quote on another site where friends of mine who I have known for years could read it. This cause a massive debate on religion and the existence of a god. It all lead to some hard feelings and some people very angry with me. I did not want to have the same problem here. This quote means a lot to me it brought me though a time in my life where I thought I could do nothing right. As we know now that is untrue but, I am sure we all have had a time in our life even if it was for a split second we had some form of self loathing. Now you all know more about me so I will go back into my shell....lol
Most of my friends are here on 420, and I've already dumped on every religion because it is a religion. Anybody who don't like me now either has told me already or soon will. God is something else IMO.

Back
Top Bottom