BK's Blue Dream - Dream Queen and C - Afgani Shed

Re: BK's Blue Dream, Dream Queen, and C-Afgani Shed

Wow - they do look great BK -- very healthy looking. :goodjob:

I have to say, I was moved by your story at the beginning and I can't imagine how tough it must be to move on after what happened. I have great admiration for your perseverance and courage. I'm glad you've found medication that helps deal with these issues. :thumb:

Nice job on your grow so far - really does look good. :)

Take care my friend!

Wow - they do look great BK -- very healthy looking. :goodjob:

I have to say, I was moved by your story at the beginning and I can't imagine how tough it must be to move on after what happened. I have great admiration for your perseverance and courage. I'm glad you've found medication that helps deal with these issues. :thumb:

Nice job on your grow so far - really does look good. :)

Take care my friend!

Thanks Xlr8 I feel good you telling me they look good and healthy! :Namaste: It was a real struggle for me to accept medical marijuana. In the story I kind smooth over the fact that my neurologist begged me for 2 months before I finally gave it a try. The side effect from the RX medications were worse then the PTSD itself. Sweating, mood swings while they were "regulating" the dosages. At times my very reguar system would either have 6 BM's in a day or go 5 days w/o having one. I dont want to over share here, but it got so bad at one point I went 4 weeks w/o ejaculating. Mrs' Bk didn't seem to mind, but thats no way to live. I had gotten to the point that my panic attacks would be so bad that I would ask to be knocked out by my doctor to break the worst of them. basically getting dosed with sedatives. Well I was having a very bad one that had be going on about 5 hours. It was about 4 years ago now and mrs bk took me to my neurologist to get a shot. Well he told me he would give me the shot, but first he wanted me to try and medicate with marijuana. No joke, we went to the parking lot, I choked my way through a bowl, went and layed down in his office couch with the lights out and mrs. bk hanging out, she played a little music from her phone and it all just made sense to me. Since then its been my only medication. Thanks god for it. I really believe it saved my life.

BK

I've been wanting to try growing that strain of Haze myself. I'll need to toss all of my lighting into one grow area and up the airflow for cooling with these Sativa-dominant strains, though (I am using low wattage lighting in separate grow areas now). I thought I read once somewhere that one of these Arjan Haze strains is supposed to be hermie-proof, but mostly what I like about it is all the breeders say it is a powerful strain. And for as many years as I've been burning, most commercial pot doesn't have a hair on its ass when it comes to getting a buzz. And I don't feel like walking around all day with a gas mask/bong strapped to my face constantly lighting it to maintain a high, myself. Your plants look good so far.
:goodluck:

Thanks for the good words fellas. I am growing the super sativa stuff because its the best for my day time treatment of my medication. the sativas spin me up, and then I use the good heavy kush at night. This kush strain is gonna have a hard time getting knocked off the top spot for my night time "knock me the fuuuuuuuuuuudge out" but I am always chasing the perfect burnout-less sativa. From what I have read and researched about Arjans UH is that its potent (22.9% THC) but it also has high levels of CBD 1.2 I am hoping it can be a morning to mid day strain, then blue dream/dream queen for afternoons then kush come night fall when mrs. bk don't mind me getting a little couch locked. I don't even want to have over 30 in my flower room to much work IMO, so I would like to get it to where I am harvesting/adding 5 girls every 3 weeks or so... depending on strain flowering times. Such as the ultra haze is was just talking about. 13 weeks in flower. :rofl: if I mess that up I could really screw myself cause I cant add grow space lol. Orr I will bottle kneck the Heck outta my veg, which is tiny, and only really good for 15-20 plants in gallon containers.. I am guessing the 12 I have in there right now are gonna fill her.
IMG_20110826_044853.jpg

IMG_20110825_180854.jpg

IMG_20110825_180637.jpg

IMG_20110825_180602.jpg

IMG_20110825_180444.jpg

IMG_20110825_180427.jpg

IMG_20110825_180415.jpg

IMG_20110824_183005.jpg

IMG_20110824_182931.jpg

Cheers,
BK

Pics look great - nice job so far. :bravo: Hope you are well, so glad to hear that things are working out better for you since you were brave enough to try MMJ. I was similar - not my style ('cept for a stretch in my high-school years). But, have been dealing with a number of physical pain issues for a few years now, and my wife suggested I try MMJ, and it's made a big difference for the better in my life. It helps some with pain, and more so with my ability to cope with the pain. I'm sure you understand what I mean. Take care my friend --

X

Nice plants! Hope I have that kind of luck with this Sativa grow I started a few days ago.

Ehh seems like the blue dream is pretty hearty stuff. Grows really well even in not so nice conditions. A buddy of mine has just began growing as well and I gave him some babies ready to flower. he has beat the sh*t out of the poor things. they have survived heat stress, over/under feeding, and a fung knat infestation and I bet they still produce 3 ounces each.

Ok so here is a run down. last week I took a pic of every plant. I intend to do the same thing this afternoon, but i wanted to post all of last weeks pics last week, but as you may have read I was with out my laptop, and only had my smartphone, so I was able to up load, but didn't have the patients to post the pics in the thread from my phone. So a little 1 week growth comparison...

This set of pics was taken on 9/1/2011

I think the bd has finally stopped it's stretch and is throwing hairs out of a zillion bud sites! I really like the way it growes.

blue dream 1
IMG_20110830_203133.jpg

IMG_20110830_203036.jpg

IMG_20110830_203020.jpg

Blue dream 2
IMG_20110830_202938.jpg

IMG_20110830_202703.jpg

Ok So None of the kush look great, don't know whats up with them, I think I may have triggered them a little early. The round of pics I take today though will show they are just throwing hairs like crazy.

Kush 1
IMG_20110830_202419.jpg

IMG_20110830_202325.jpg

Kush 2
IMG_20110830_202317.jpg

Kush 3
IMG_20110830_193852.jpg

Dream Queen, which from here on out I will refer to as "Cush." I did some research and thats what they called it originally. Far better then Green cr@ck and IMO, more fitting then dream queen (I mean who can sleep on that super sativa anyway???)

:::Steps off soap box:::

Cush 1
IMG_20110830_200644.jpg

Cush 2
IMG_20110830_062840.jpg

ehh this isn't all of them but I have so much crap to do around the house and this is my only day off this week. Not like this is super exciting stuff anyway lol.

Also you'll notice a nasty plastic tray in some of the pics, thats the tray I water in. I move them to that tray and water them, slide them over and put a sister beside her and water her, then move the first one back to the flowering tray, and grab another and so on. I do that to avoid water standing in my flowering room trays. Standing water as you guys know is a great place to breed all manner of pest, bacteria, and mold.

By the way, I am putting the finishing touches on my veg area, and will post pics soon.

Cheers,
BK

By the way the nasty plastic tray that you can see in some of the shots is my watering tray. my routine for water is this if a bucket is lite I throw a moisture probe into it if its pretty dry it gets watered. So I take each plant one at a time set them in the watering tray, inspect each plant, remove any leaves 75% yellow, or damaged, they come off I wait till 75% so the plant has every opportunity to suck nitrogen out of the leaf. and I think it causes the plant to release less repair hormone. from there I give them a little fresh ph'd water with a couple drops of palmolive, and peroxide (maybe 2 cups of water) then they get the nute solution desjour. I poor until I see runoff from the bottom then I move that plant to the side of the tray and let plant drip while I grab one of her sisters and start on her beside the one i just did in the same tray. I do this so I don't have standing water in my growing trays as this is a good way to attract pest, and bacteria, and mold... Also it gives me the option to custom water each plant if I so choose without having to worry about "cross contamination" (for instance if I was running a perpetual {as soon intended} and had some plants fresh out of the veg room, and some other plants that were in the peak of flowering, well I wouldn't want the babies to get the nutes that were for the big girls. So I can water them separate) While its a little time consuming, peace of mind in this hobby is worth a lot. Just a little thing to make sure I don't get standing water, standing water is a great place for fung nats, white flies, and spidermites to lay babies, so while it takes me a while to water I sleep better at night not worrying about locust's destroying my crops!

BK

Hi BK!

I use a little different growing style, but I'm totally with you on keeping excess water/moisture out of the grow space -- nothing but trouble! Magnet for bug problems etc. I had a weird roly poly, pill bug sort of thing on one of my last grows - little roly poly's were actually eating a small part of low, unhealthy leaves - they were there due to moisture issues, and were easy to deal with, and caused no real damage - but they taught me a lesson about extra moisture around!

Entering week four of budding! Things are going fairly smooth. The Kush dont want watered very often this round, I slowed down the water and the stress is clearing up, but most of them shed a majority of the big fanleaves. but seems to be thriving now that I cut back watering.
Group Shot
1315802276406.jpg

Tallest Blue Dream Next to shortest:
1315801160194.jpg

Blue Dream #1
1315800900892.jpg

1315800886347.jpg

1315800870533.jpg

Blue Dream #2
1315800328463.jpg

Blue Dream #3
1315800328463.jpg

Blue Dream #4
1315800352726.jpg

Blue Dream #5 (Super crop experiment)
1315799739289.jpg

1315799732291.jpg

1315799721800.jpg

Kush #1
1315800125891.jpg

Kush #2
IMG_20110911_204433.jpg

Kush #3
1315799607083.jpg

Kush #4
1315799476499.jpg

1315799336543.jpg

Cush #1
1315799944418.jpg

1315799044371.jpg

Cush #2
1315799932320.jpg

Also here is the video of me doing a quarter pound run of some kush to make honey oil (aka BHO, ear wax, hippy cr@ck, ect) if i'd have cared I could have whipped it to budder but for real this stuff is a legit, at least 85% thc. Let me state that I am not "thedailybaker" the uploader of this video, he is a very good friend, that has started a youtube channel. He has a grow that makes me hate myself lol. He has the extractor tubes, and a lot better knowledge then me so I have him do it. This was not trim, but a quarter pound of buds dried till crispy, then put in a blender and spun till dust. The video only shows us doing one actual run, but this was a like 4 hour proces after grinding, packing, running, boiling off butane, scaping whipping, vacum purgain 3 times atleast, then you cant even smoke it for 24 hours cause you wanna give any extra butane time to escape. Now to prove im not bullshi+ting you'll notice that I have the dabber, the pipe, and torch, not to mention the small pyrex containers of bho. In the pictures below that you will see in the video. off the qp i harvested maybe 12 grams of ear wax. Gave the daily baker 2-3 grams (in the video he shows a pic of 3 conatiners I gae him the smaller for his help and his butane. and I been smoking on the rest since. I am hoping I can make it last till this next harvest... Again Let me state that I am not "thedailybaker" the uploader of this video, he is a very good friend, that has started a youtube channel.

IMG_20110830_070242.jpg

This is after they sat for 24 hours and I decided to leave them for 12 more lol.

IMG_20110828_221516.jpg

anyway hope everyone is doing good. By everyone I mean you potchimp and xlr8. LOL! Totally kidding! come on peeps even if its to tell me you think my grow looks pathetic and I should just toss a fire bomb into my shed, say something!!!!! I got thick skin and want feed back if I am doing it wrong tell me!!!

Cheers,
BK

I'm pretty new at this myself, but they look great to me. That oil making process above is something I need to look into. My tolerance is high from years of smoking. It would be nice to get rid of as much worthless plant material as possible. It sucks to have to smoke a half ounce of commercial Mexican a day to get a buzz. That would save me hours a day that I spend toking when I could be doing something constructive.
:lot-o-toke:
I just started four Sativa plants myself. I think I'm going to bend these as they grow so the side branches will grow upward instead of the way yours are growing. My HPS isn't high wattage, so I don't get the light penetration that you do. When I grow them straight upward the bottoms grow pale and underdeveloped. Keep up the good grow!

Hi BK -

I think you're on the right track with less watering by the sounds of it. I grow hydro, but I'm always hearing people say that with soil you want to wait to water them until their pot gets pretty light and the soil looks pretty dry. From what I hear, MJ doesn't like to have "wet feet" in soil. Sometimes less is more... From what I can see they look happy and healthy. Keep up the good work!

I like your video about making BHO - totally new to me!

Not sure how many other peoples journals you are participating in, but a great way to get people to come to your journal is to have a link of your journal in your signature line, and visit a lot of other peoples journals and links. They'll want to know more about you for visiting and participating in their threads, and you'll see a lot more action here. Also the more frequently you post info, the more likely people will see it and visit. Just some thoughts for you!

:goodluck: my friend! :bong:

I'm pretty new at this myself, but they look great to me. That oil making process above is something I need to look into. My tolerance is high from years of smoking. It would be nice to get rid of as much worthless plant material as possible. It sucks to have to smoke a half ounce of commercial Mexican a day to get a buzz. That would save me hours a day that I spend toking when I could be doing something constructive.
:lot-o-toke:!

Yea the oil is a great time saver. And its super potent every time. far less burnout factor!

You can pick up rigs online.. You can run mexi, but I always say good in good out. But hell what do I know I have only been smoking for 4 years

So quick update. I am going to try and explain in lay-mans terms one of the side effects, or disorders that came to light with my diagnosis of PTSD, now I am going to explain as best as I can but this is litterally this un-informed explaining to the un-famliar.

What it is basically, an auto immune disorder, brought on by my bodies inability to produce cannaboids at the same pace it did before my accident. Cannaboids control/facilitate the communication between cells. So I try to produce strains that contain the highest levels of CBD (I have 8 Arjans Ultra Haze #2 seeds germinating as we speak) Unfortunately with being jacked around 4th of July the loss of meds just caught up with me as I would have harvested a few weeks ago and had my jars re-stocked... Since Those plants are in someone elses jar by now, I had to venture out into the world of street sales again, and decided to try one of the compassion clubs that have popped up in Phx as opposed to buying off craigslist or something. Well I spent 200 bucks and got home with 5 grams of pressed hash, and 3.5 grams of some "sativa effect" purple. What a frustrating experience. I love it when I know a thousand times more about meds then then the guy selling it to me for an insane mark up. Well anyway, the meds I bought sucked, the flowers had a indica couch lock effect, so much for the "sative effects" and the hash was at best some 45 micron crap. I looked at it in the scope and was just disgusted. anyway I'm to stuborn to go buy more if I have some so smoking that inferior product for the last week and a half sent my levels down and I got sick for a few days, thank fully a buddy brought over some proper Ear Wax Hash and I got to feeling better, but when my levels were down I can get very clumsy and I have fallen down our stairs a time or 2 well a week ago while I was sick I fell down the stairs and dislocated my shoulder in a big way, so I have had a hard time updating lol... Anyway hope any of this made sense, I have been hitting the bho real hard to avoid taking the dr prescribed narcotice pain medication, I haven't taken any since the day after the accident but I been doing vapor clouds like every 20 minutes lol.

Back
Top Bottom