DirtyDanny's 600 Watt LED Grow

Ok........I just got done feeding her, but deceided to cut out all the nutes except Cha-Ching ( 9 - 50 - 10 ) and Bud Candy.
The Cha Ching is pretty strong shit.......so it alone should feed my girl no problem.
Im gonna try again to get a pic with the pocket microscope.......and maybe see what you guys think?:thedoubletake:
Thanks EVERYONE for all your help during this grow!!!! I couldnt have done it without you guys/gals:high-five:

their is also the problem that some strains dont have amber trichs, some indica strains stop at 100% cloudy and dont turn to any amber, ive had 1 strain do this and kept leaving it in flower and trichs just never turned amber not even 1,

its best to check the trichs at all heights on the plant, you can harvest the top first but the shock slows development down so you will end up waiting longer to harvest the rest, so check trichs higher up the plant and on the lower buds, the buds not getting light wont be as developed so these wont be amber for a while, if it is a strain that turns amber then once it starts turning amber it then turns amber pretty quick.

looks great though, very nice

their is also the problem that some strains dont have amber trichs, some indica strains stop at 100% cloudy and dont turn to any amber, ive had 1 strain do this and kept leaving it in flower and trichs just never turned amber not even 1,

its best to check the trichs at all heights on the plant, you can harvest the top first but the shock slows development down so you will end up waiting longer to harvest the rest, so check trichs higher up the plant and on the lower buds, the buds not getting light wont be as developed so these wont be amber for a while, if it is a strain that turns amber then once it starts turning amber it then turns amber pretty quick.

This "Motavation" strain is giving some amber trichs on the sugar leafs........just not on the buds yet.
The buds are still mostly clear.
What Scar is saying makes good sense........seeing that your gonna smoke "mostly" the bud and not the sugar leafs.
Although.........the sugar leafs are looking so nice and sticky (and still gaining more frost every day) it seems like its gonna be a huge waste to manicure the buds!!!!!!:winkyface:
I dont think ive ever grown a girl in the past that has produced this much frost........Im getting more and more impressed everyday as this grow proceeds.....
The smell this girl is putting off is like NOTHING ive ever grown before.......just a faint skunky scent mixed with a heavy and sweet fuel smell. Its quite unique to say the least........ I think they should have named it "Sweet Diesel Skunk" or "Pepe Le Fuel":cheesygrinsmiley:
Serious Seeds definately done their homework when they created this strain...

its just not cost affective to make products anymore, the products would end up costing a lot more if they was made on your doorstep so having things made outside your country is sadly cheaper due the poor human rights in certain countries, slave labor is always going to be cheap, if you can pay very little to your workers then the products will always be cheaper to buy, so most companies now decide to source products outside their home country as its a lot cheaper to make even if you consider transport costs.

im not saying all products made it eastern countries is cheap and tacky as we know their are many amazing companies out their, but they dont use cheap labor and they dont use cheap components, unfortunately the odd few do and product quality and reliability is low.

even if it says on their site the product is only under warranty for a certain period then you can still claim under the sale of goods act or what ever its called in your country, trust me on this a product should last a reasonable amount of time, we have laws that protect us from getting ripped off and ending up with something that only lasts the length of the warranty

Thanks Donpaul...............You inspired me to at least contact the company and complain (which is alot more than I had planned to do)
They said that if I sent them a video of "the table not working" that they would replace it if I split the cost of reshipping the item to me.
So for a quick video and $10 I guess I get a new turntable........plus I keep the old table for parts.
Thanks Bro............I was just gonna let it go after venting about it here on 420.........good looking out!:thumb:
I guess you can say "I told ya so" now.............lol

i told ya so, lol

just trying to save you some money on buying a replacement when the old one is still under warranty as such, should easily be under warranty for 12 months, they just say 30 days as most buyers wont know about product protection or trading standards but the company that sells them will be aware of all of this so usually when you question them and mention trading standards they usually cough up and send a replacement or a full refund.

id say for the cost of $10 its worth doing plus like you say you end up with a spare for parts if you ever need it

if your getting amber on the sugar leaf then the buds should also show amber so let it go a bit longer and it will just get better and better, usually the sugar leaves turn amber first as they are lacking in N so they leaves start to die off so the trichs stop getting as much moisture and dry up and turn amber, so the buds will start to show amber not long after,

have you ever thought about making hash with the sugar leaf, theirs some very easy methods that require nothing at all to buy, i just use ice cubes and a big jug, nothing else the trichs sink to the bottom and the green stuff floats on top, let it settle and scoop out the leaves for a 2nd rinse if you like a i did and got twice as much trichs, then let the trichs all sink to the bottom and start draining the water off, then when your down to the bottom you can pour it out onto a dish or let the water evap in the jug then scoop the trichs together once the water is gone and you end up with some very nice bubble hash, its how i made mine, i ended up with a nice lump just using a small jar full of leaves,

not tried any alc extraction method but found the water and ice method very easy and left me with some very potent bubble hash, much better than anything you can buy off the streets,

Shoot for mostly to all cloudy if that happens :)
I like to check lower buds too. So if you getting some lower Ambers then you can bet you got upper Ambers :)

This "Motavation" strain is giving some amber trichs on the sugar leafs........just not on the buds yet.
The buds are still mostly clear.
What Scar is saying makes good sense........seeing that your gonna smoke "mostly" the bud and not the sugar leafs.
Although.........the sugar leafs are looking so nice and sticky (and still gaining more frost every day) it seems like its gonna be a huge waste to manicure the buds!!!!!!:winkyface:
I dont think ive ever grown a girl in the past that has produced this much frost........Im getting more and more impressed everyday as this grow proceeds.....
The smell this girl is putting off is like NOTHING ive ever grown before.......just a faint skunky scent mixed with a heavy and sweet fuel smell. Its quite unique to say the least........ I think they should have named it "Sweet Diesel Skunk" or "Pepe Le Fuel":cheesygrinsmiley:
Serious Seeds definately done their homework when they created this strain...

Try making some Cannabutter.

CNN said in 1970 average THC was 1%. Really only 1%? Bovine feces!! Well, whatever. I also read that old school TCH levels were more like 7%. Most of these newer breed/crosses are like average 15%, with some 20% to 25% THC. Damn!

:peacetwo:

I had a strain that never turned also,I harvested it and revegged it.After about 3 weeks into reveg the small buds that were starting to change still had all cloudy trichs.Now knowing this it will help if I ever end up with a strain like that again....Strain was fragle rock

not tried any alc extraction method but found the water and ice method very easy and left me with some very potent bubble hash, much better than anything you can buy off the streets,

I would think that the water extraction would produce a much tastier, cleaner and smoother hash.....not to mention less dangerous:cheesygrinsmiley:
But it makes sense to me that the alcohol extraction would produce a more potent, but more impure hash.
I dont know for sure...............we made batches that were "grade A"......and some were shit.
But we never went through all the trouble of taking temp readings, time records, evaporation rates, ect...
There was no scientific method implemented into our madness.......

Try making some Cannabutter.

CNN said in 1970 average THC was 1%. Really only 1%? Bovine feces!! Well, whatever. I also read that old school TCH levels were more like 7%. Most of these newer breed/crosses are like average 15%, with some 20% to 25% THC. Damn!

I would love to try some Cannabutter.........but this girl is VERY special to me! (dont want to screw her up)
I havent smoked any GOOD sweet green in a very long time. I gave up regular basis toking many years ago after the birth of my 1st child.
Because I simply could no longer afford the price of QUALITY green at $400 an ounce, (I evolved over the years into the type of casual smoker that would only smoke the finest green) And I also had a job that I got regular drug screens. And no, Im not a rich yuppie snob.....and I wasnt born with a silver spoon in my mouth........perhaps exactly the opposite.
Im just a simple retired-Deadhead working stiff.........that cant afford the good stuff. Thus my journey into basement growing again....:thumb:
Anyways.........ive read that this strain is capable of 20%+ THC!!!!! Thats insane:loopy:
Im gonna enjoy every sweet toke of this sweet girls fruits..........as its been a long time coming for me

This just reminded me of a funny occurence that happened about 20 years ago.........
My older brother was a traveling salesman that traveled around the US with a group of kids in a van selling magizine subscriptions.
He did this for about a year making REALLY good money because his pay was partially based on commission, and he could charm the panties off a 80 yr old nun........lol
Well, one day he showed up at my house extremely excited and frantic.........."Dude, your not gonna believe this, come check this shit out"
We proceeded to his rental car and he popped the trunk......Holy Crap!!! He had like 200#'s of whole MJ plants crammed into his trunk!!!
I was like "where the hell did you get all this???"..........he was trembling and shaking and couldnt even catch his breath.
He just kept saying "we need to go get the BIGGEST U-haul truck we can find, you have to come with me and help, we will make a fortune".............but I kept drilling him for an answer to my question suspecting that he stumbled upon a gorilla farming operation (which you WILL be killed if caught raiding a crop and I would have nothing to do with it)
Finally he settled down and regained his composure............"dude, this shit is growing all over the fucking place on the side of the road in Nebraska!!!....and it smells like the bomb!!!"
I bursted out laughing harder than I think I have ever laughed in my entire life.......like turning blue because I couldnt catch my breath.
I asked him "where were you in like 6th or 7th grade during US geography?"
He just gives me a dumb look and says "so whats your point, and what does it have to do with this goldmine I just found? Pack your shit we gotta leave ASAP before someone else finds all this shit"
I just scratch my head and politely explain to him "Dude, that 200#'s of shit you have in your trunk is HEMP.....congratulations, you have enough there to make about 100 feet of grade A rope!"
So of course....he is in complete denial right now. "your full of shit Bro......I can smell it.........its the bomb"
I reply...."ok, pack a bowl and prove it to me.....you can smoke a bale of that shit and get nothing but a headache, it has an extremely low THC content, probably less than 1/2%, it was specifically breeded for the fiber content of the stalk, its been going out there wild for hundreds of years"
In disbelief, he grabs one of my pipes from my house and packs a bowl. "its a little seedy, but I know its good shit, Ive been smelling it the entire trip back, I know its good"
He proceeds to toke on a bowl until he appears to turn a pale white after several long tokes...........
FINALLY.....the reality of the situation hits him after a 5 minute coughing spasm.....
"you gotta be f#@king kidding me"............."I just quit my job, put 1500 miles on a rental car that I have to pay mileage on, broke up with my girlfriend before I left, plus I forefitted a $1000 commission bonus check because I quit in the middle of a sales route"
I just smiled at him and said "come on bro.....I have some REAL green that will ease the pain a bit":cheesygrinsmiley:

pmsl, thats just to funny,

imagine the doo doo's he would of been in if he got pulled on the way to yours, getting in all that crap only to find out he had a boot/trunk full of hemp, luckily we got no chance of hemp growing here, so if its green and stinks like bud then chances are its some bag seed plant that someone threw away while rolling a joing, the only time ive seen hemp growing was by the side of a river as fishermen use it for fishing, but that was a long time ago,

i know a lot of kids round here that would do the same thing, cant believe he gave up his job and all the rest to only be told he got some hemp, does he see the funny side now.

im sure he liked a taste of the real green after smoking some hemp

pmsl, thats just to funny,

imagine the doo doo's he would of been in if he got pulled on the way to yours, getting in all that crap only to find out he had a boot/trunk full of hemp, luckily we got no chance of hemp growing here, so if its green and stinks like bud then chances are its some bag seed plant that someone threw away while rolling a joing, the only time ive seen hemp growing was by the side of a river as fishermen use it for fishing, but that was a long time ago,

i know a lot of kids round here that would do the same thing, cant believe he gave up his job and all the rest to only be told he got some hemp, does he see the funny side now.

im sure he liked a taste of the real green after smoking some hemp

We both laugh about it now............And I rub it inhis face whenever I get the chance.
We went camping a few weeks ago with both our families.
His wife had never heard the story before......so I felt inclined to enlighten her about the checkered past of her hubby..........
I could tell that he was getting a bit embarrassed/pissed off, but I just couldnt resist:cheesygrinsmiley:

Ok.........had a closer look this morning with the pocket microscope.......but this time I concentrated on the actual buds instead of the sugar leafs......
They appear mostly cloudy.........without a trace of amber:yahoo:
Thats exactly what I was hoping for..........another week or two to swell the buds up and continue to improve the trich coverage (which she is at an astounding rate)
My microscope got COVERED in a sweet sticky mess......:thumb: What a GREAT mess to have!!!!
Im looking for a high CBN content to relieve anxiety and just melt the stress of the day away............so I need lots of amber!!!
Ok, can anybody tell me actually how important is it to flush?
I NEVER flushed my indoor crops back in the day.........and my buds always came out very nice, smooth, flavorful, and potent.
But I always used an extended curing method of drying the buds in complete darkness for about a week, then placing them in large rubbermaid tubs (the kind that are meant for storing clothes under your bed)
I would air them twice a day by taking off the lids and waving fresh air over them with the lids for a few minutes.
That would continue for about 2 weeks or until the stems would give a little "snap" when bent.
They were then quickly dispersed and never seen again:cheesygrinsmiley:
I never expierenced any bad taste as people are describing these days.......and never had a single complaint from end users either.
I used strong chemical ferts as well.......but cant remember what they were right off hand, as they were scored from the ads in High Times Mags many years ago.....
I think this whole flushing fad is just a myth started by people who didnt cure their nugs properly, as I have smoked improperly cured green before that looked AWESOME......but tasted like shit and chlorophyll from a rushed cure.
What are your guys thoughts on this???? I could be WAY OFF base here........but I never had any problems in the past........but maybe Ive never smoked properly flushed buds before, and im missing out on something that will improve quality alot???
This seems highly controversial and debatable.....

Back
Top Bottom