Bruce Banner Marries A Watermelon - SIP Grow

How dry do you usually keep it that you often have a humidifier running?
VPD is set for 1.4 currently. Which on average puts me at about 42% rh. We are still dry here but that’s going to change in the next 10 hours. Calling for a wash out tomorrow - Monday…..

Day 76 and day 48 of flower

Had to restring some supports for the watermelon. Her colas are long!!! And staring to get top heavy.

All are cruising right along and in the middle of their advertised harvest window. I’m guessing 2-3 weeks left though, and I really mean guessing hahaha.

Praying mantis oothecas came in today. Will be fun for the kiddos to keep an eye on these for the next 2-6 weeks until they hatch and then in the garden they go. Hoping for closer to the 6 week time frame so that we actually have stuff in the ground. General rule of thumb in these parts are don’t plant until Mothers Day.

Cool beans on the praying mantis breeding program, and don't you have a lighter for scale on those towering flowers? :)
Here you go :)

Also support ticket in with AC Infinity as I had the issue with the controller again…..

IMG_2714.jpeg

IMG_2715.jpeg

Day 78 and day 50 of flower (week 7)

It’s cool and raining here today. Wife is upstairs dropping seeds for this years veggie garden into some FFOF, kiddos are glued to fortnight, so I decided to do some photo stacking. Well 1 final image worth of photo stacking.

I also had to get in there and redo the supports. I really need to get me a pack of 4’ bamboo supports. This spiders web of garden string is shit haha

IMG_2774.png

Taking today off. Just not feeling it…

So peak in the tent and I’m noticing some foxtailing starting on the wedding gelato and on the watermelon though not as much.

Also noticing a new round of fresh trichromes on both plants but not so much on the banner.

I’m going to have to do some research on the foxtail situation and see if there is something I can do to stop that from happening or if it is just the way it goes.

IMG_2787.jpeg

IMG_2788.jpeg

IMG_2789.jpeg

Doing a small bit of research it looks like it could be a result of heat and or light stress. I am guessing it might be a result of my controller failing and it getting really hot and humid in the tent.

Hopefully it doesn’t continue.

I also see that it could be a last ditch effort of the plant trying to get pollinating before it dies off. Not sure I’m that late into flower that she would be doing that.

EDIT:

I also got in there with the digi scope and the banner will get chopped this weekend at the latest. She is about 5 - 10% clear, and about 15% amber and the rest is all milky. She has no new pistols popping and they are all turning brown, orange and red.

I’m going to have to do some research on the foxtail situation and see if there is something I can do to stop that from happening or if it is just the way it goes.
Foxtails all over are usually genetic in nature, but ones only on the top tend to be light stress. They add weight to your harvest but have less bag appeal to most folks used to the look of dispensary weed, if that matters.

Only actual downside I can think of is it makes it harder to know when to chop since there are always new clear trichomes being produced, so you have to harvest by balancing the original calyxes (more ripe) with the foxtail ones.

Hope you're feeling 100% soon!

Foxtails all over are usually genetic in nature, but ones only on the top tend to be light stress. They add weight to your harvest but have less bag appeal to most folks used to the look of dispensary weed, if that matters.

Only actual downside I can think of is it makes it harder to know when to chop since there are always new clear trichomes being produced, so you have to harvest by balancing the original calyxes (more ripe) with the foxtail ones.

Hope you're feeling 100% soon!
Totally makes sense!

I am hoping that by this weekend the WG and the Watermelon get more % of milky trichs so I can just do 1 big chop and hang.

I’m leaning more towards this but if they aren’t ready then I will just have to wait. I’m thinking 80% milky and they are coming down. I’m at about 60% now…. I will ignore the new growth and just stick to the mature buds.

Day 80 and day 52 of flower (week 7.5)

I’m calling it! Friday is chop day for all 3 plants. Big change in 24 hours in trichromes, somewhat of a change in smell, the sweetness is going away a little with a little more of a pungency coming on.

I might change my light schedule to 6/18 for the last 48 hours in hopes of fattening them up in those last 2 days. I’ve only read about this on the googles so not sure if that’s a bs myth or not?

Anyway they are looking and smelling great

This is taken from the side of the tops of one of the colas. Despite the new growth they are showing to be ready! The whole cola isn’t amber, mostly milky with amber and clear here and there.

They're already pretty fat!
I might change my light schedule to 6/18 for the last 48 hours in hopes of fattening them up in those last 2 days. I’ve only read about this on the googles so not sure if that’s a bs myth or not?
The folks advocating for darkness have no science behind them, and even the honest ones say it doesn't "work" on every plant every time. Also, I don't think there's a claim for fattening during extended dark since growing happens during photosynthesis.

I don't think I've heard of anyone going to fewer light hours for any reason except in the hope to get them to finish faster, rather than enhance anything.

Lots of white pistils yet...

Amber on sugar leaves doesn't count ;)

Just saying...

Cheers
Yeah I had a controller failure 2 times in the past week. Which led to really high temps and humidity and then some foxtailing right afterwards and a sudden boom in white pistols.

Tomorrow, hopefully, I will grab 4 or 5 trich pics from each plant of various locations and post them up.

What I am seeing though is a very fast change from clear to cloudy and some ambers tossed about in there on all 3 plants. But I would like some feedback as to if I am thinking about this correctly :) I won’t get my feelings hurt if I am way off base haha.

Back
Top Bottom