C-LOJ Back With Another COCO Grow!

Nice professional job on the cabinet, I'll be keeping a close eye on your grow as i would like too try coco some day. Hope you don't mind me asking a few question? First one is what do you do at the end of your grows with your coco? Now off to read your previous grows...

cheers;)

Thanks WhiteHouse! Welcome to the grow!

I've heard that you can re-use coco for up to 3 grows. I haven't done that though. I get coco pretty cheaply, so it goes out to my garden when my grows finish.

Awesome cab! Never tried coco before, will have to check it out. Checked out your previous grow with great results! Hopefully your clones take roots. Mine didn't with two different methods; bubble cloner, and water fogger cloner. I went to traditional soil method instead and they works fine. If your clones refuse to take roots by the 3rd week, like no sign at all, then try transplant them to soil. Use a dome/transparent cup over it and you're good to go. Should take root within a week, and sign of explosion after 2nd week.

Awesome cab! Never tried coco before, will have to check it out. Checked out your previous grow with great results! Hopefully your clones take roots. Mine didn't with two different methods; bubble cloner, and water fogger cloner. I went to traditional soil method instead and they works fine. If your clones refuse to take roots by the 3rd week, like no sign at all, then try transplant them to soil. Use a dome/transparent cup over it and you're good to go. Should take root within a week, and sign of explosion after 2nd week.

Thanks HighDive! Coco is a really fun medium...really easy to get fantastic results. I think when I take clones this time around I'm going to dip them in the rooting gel and just put them straight into the coco. I'm going to keep it simple and see how it works out for me. We'll see!

Very nice grow set up!!! very clean and well laid out. I'm in for this grow!!!

Thanks for looking in surfinstoned! I grew up in Oceanside SD. Good to see you representing the hometown!

:peacetwo:

Hey Hey, Update Time:

Got the baby girls today! My friend didn't get enough of the PorkHammers to root, so he gave me 3 of his LA Cheese clones as well. I had to transport them in a ziplock bag full of water for an hour or so. During the trip home a few roots broke off, but I think they will all live and prosper. I took some pics just after I got them watered into the coco. Some pics are sideways..sorry:

IMG_57872.JPG

The 3 little girls on the right are the LA Cheese. The one in the front isn't too happy, but I think she'll be fine in a few days
IMG_5784.JPG

IMG_57861.JPG

Turn your head. Temps are a little low, but the light just turned on.
IMG_57882.JPG

The Orange Bud seedling 1 week old today
IMG_57923.JPG

Thanks for looking. More updates soon :peace:

Wow CLOJ, that's a fine cab you built! Well done.

I watched my friends all struggle with the aerocloners. Even when they had it down to a science they would all suddenly lose a cloner's worth of cuttings around the same time every 10 months or so.

If you decide to clone in coco you can cut them on the diag, dip them in root gel, and stick 'em in coco starter plugs under a dome. Mist them and the dome daily (2x/day 1st week) and they will root in 2-3 weeks under a 20W floro. easy-peasy if you're not in a hurry. Cloning's easy. Starting from seed is kicking my butt atm.

Anyway, I'll be reading along. Looking pro.

:peace:

Thanks HighDive! Coco is a really fun medium...really easy to get fantastic results. I think when I take clones this time around I'm going to dip them in the rooting gel and just put them straight into the coco. I'm going to keep it simple and see how it works out for me. We'll see!

I'll do more research, especially to see how well they do with Earth Juice line. Might do a comparative test to see what produce in term of quality and quantity from a given strain. Keeping it simple will keep stress away. :)

Awesome, the clones are finally in! You can always add some drops of superthrive in your water/nutes feeding to wake them up a bit. The travel must have stressed them slightly.

Wow CLOJ, that's a fine cab you built! Well done.

I watched my friends all struggle with the aerocloners. Even when they had it down to a science they would all suddenly lose a cloner's worth of cuttings around the same time every 10 months or so.

If you decide to clone in coco you can cut them on the diag, dip them in root gel, and stick 'em in coco starter plugs under a dome. Mist them and the dome daily (2x/day 1st week) and they will root in 2-3 weeks under a 20W floro. easy-peasy if you're not in a hurry. Cloning's easy. Starting from seed is kicking my butt atm.

Anyway, I'll be reading along. Looking pro.

:peace:

Aberration! Thanks for looking in on my grow! That is interesting what you say about the aerocloners, because this one has been in use for 10 - 12 months. Maybe it needs a good cleaning and some sprayers replaced? IDK.
My other guess is that when my friend took the cuttings, he didn't just cut a few inches off. He cut most of them 8 - 12 inches down to make bigger clones. I think that far down the branch is more solid material than the newer growth closer to the tips. Maybe it's just harder for roots to form there? Again, I don't know. Just guessing.

Thanks for the cloning tips as well. I'm going to give it a try that way next time. I don't need a super fast method. Just something that gets them to root with no losses, consistently.

Thanks again brother. Sorry to hear about your seed troubles. I'll have to stop by your journal to see whats happenin and say hi

;)

I'll do more research, especially to see how well they do with Earth Juice line. Might do a comparative test to see what produce in term of quality and quantity from a given strain. Keeping it simple will keep stress away. :)

Awesome, the clones are finally in! You can always add some drops of superthrive in your water/nutes feeding to wake them up a bit. The travel must have stressed them slightly.

I've heard lots of good things about the Earth Juice line. A few of my friends use it with great results. It should work just as well with coco. But, since it isn't a coco specific formula, you will probably have to add some CalMag+ into the mix. That's what I had to do with the FF line of nutes.
I'd be interested to see a comparison grow if you decide to try one. I hope you do a journal of it!

Superthrive...didn't even think to use it. I'll have to dig it out of my garage. I know it's in there somewhere! :tokin:

Quick Update:

I got my fem Hawaii Maui Waui seeds in the mail today! They came with a free Sweet Deep Grapefruit and White Widow seed for sampling. +reps to Attitude!
I'm gonna go ahead and start a Waui seed and the Grapefruit seed for mothers. I'm not too interested in the White Widow seed at the moment. I'll hold onto it for a rainy day.

More updates soon :peace:

hey conq.
you have me following along
got to love coco i have yet to use a 100% coco but im sure it will be in the cards
very nice Cab. nice and sleek
grats on the maui seeds. its a great strain
ill be catchin up on your journals

hey conq.
you have me following along
got to love coco i have yet to use a 100% coco but im sure it will be in the cards
very nice Cab. nice and sleek
grats on the maui seeds. its a great strain
ill be catchin up on your journals

Thanks for looking in and for the compliments shaggie! I'm definitely excited about the maui. Have you grown it before?

ya i have it was a vigorous grower
loved the color on the hairs and the beautiful fragrant smell. it easly took over the smell of the room it was in. i can only imagin it smells like hawaii! ill get to see in three months.

ive been wanting to grow some of the mandala strains for a long time. strange that you had a mold problem... i thought they were suppose to be resistant.
looks like i might be doing a satori outdoor next year... but it depends on a few important factors
great job on your past grows brother ill be watching

ya i have it was a vigorous grower
loved the color on the hairs and the beautiful fragrant smell. it easly took over the smell of the room it was in. i can only imagin it smells like hawaii! ill get to see in three months.

ive been wanting to grow some of the mandala strains for a long time. strange that you had a mold problem... i thought they were suppose to be resistant.
looks like i might be doing a satori outdoor next year... but it depends on a few important factors
great job on your past grows brother ill be watching

Awesome! I can't wait to see how my waui grows. You can tell me if it resembles the ones that you grew :)
And the Mandala strains are great. I do believe most of them are mold resistant. I never had any mold issues while mine were growing. I only had problems after I chopped them and was hanging them to dry. I was too proud of the huge colas so I left them intact which was a mistake. They were way to big and dense and my cab humidity was too high. Oh well, live and learn...I won't be doing that again, no matter how awesome the cola looks!

if u throw a De-humidifier in the dry room it will solve that.... we have 3 in the room at work due to how much is in the room at any givin point.... than you should be able to keep those massive colas!:cheer:
its always fun to walk in to a room of pine tree colas hanging to the floor!

A dehumidifier would be nice. They are a little too pricey for me right now. I may have to try to get some of those closet moisture-control things. We'll see where my RH is at towards the end of the grow.

Coming in with the weekly update:

Today, the clones have been in their new home for a week. They have recovered nicely and are continuing with new growth. I have been adding a few drops of Superthrive in their daily feedings, and I'm already seeing roots poking out the drainage holes in the pots. Gonna keep letting them get bigger and stronger for a couple weeks before I think about switching them to 12/12.

Also, my Orange Bud is 2 weeks from seed today. Maui Waui is 2 days from seed. And Sweet Deep Grapefruit just sprouted less than 24 hrs ago. All of these seedlings I hope will grow up strong and make excellent mothers for my next few batches.

The group, looking better this week...
IMG_5833.jpg

One of the PorkHammer
IMG_5835.jpg

One of the L.A. Cheese
IMG_5834.jpg

Orange Bud. 2 weeks from seed
IMG_58404.jpg

Hawaii Maui Waui. 2 days old
IMG_58413.jpg

Sweet Deep Grapefruit. Just sprouted
IMG_5842.jpg

Well that's it for this update. Thanks for following along :peace:

While the Cheese clones were the smallest, they appear to have handled the transplant the best. I'm a big fan of the strain, so I'm er "rooting" for them! ;) They all should do great in your capable hands, C-LOJ!

:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom