Camo's 1st Grow - Coco - LED - Lucas Autos - Poll Of Strain To Grow

Im not 100%, but that almost looks like a pH issue. Only reason I think this is because on my Da Purps there leaves looked similar. I had a pH issue for a second,but still a few fan leaves did this to me. If Im remembering right cal/mag def.would have some red or we color down the center veins of the fingers. But like I said Im not 100% I don't have my ledger out. Don't take my word as the gospel, Im no pro. Because my pH issue could of caused a cal/mag deficiency lol. Since it corrected itself I just assumed, but we both know what happens when we assume.

Haha yeah we do fopho ! Ass of u & me! It may be ph, but I have a nice bluelab labs handheld ph/ppm/ec meter and I always ph my feeding between 5.5-6.0, sometimes I let it go up to 6.2 to let them get a little more of a ph range. But surely it cant be ph, cause she is the only girl looking like this and I hand water everyday after I've ph'd the nutes ! Hmmm really got me wondering. She's still doing good. Just showing these all over her leaves now.

Duh, Im an idiot. Coco is known to do this. Because calcium tends to absorb to it. Hydrated lime as top dressing every 4-5weeks or dolomite lime 1tbsp per gallon of coco. This should fix your issue. Like I said didn't have my ledger haha

Yea some heavy feeding plants its even more apparent in coco. Give them double the dosage and still not be enough lol. Its nothing major really, just a learning curve I guess. Small bump in the road is a better term probably.

OK bud, I'm gonna throw out some food for thought. You know I don't really have much more experience than you do, but here goes. I follow a pro grower on another site (grows medical for others). His belief is that people generally over feed. I know you have posted that you were feeding your big girl at an EC around 1.9 which is up there. He runs at around 1.2 EC in hydro and .8-.9 in soil (which he considers coco). Although they don't see any initial burning at such a high EC, eventually they end up seeing something they consider deficiencies. At which point, they pump a bunch of Cal-Mag at the problem, thinking that is going to solve it. Think of it like smoking cigarettes. You can smoke 3 packs a day for a while and not notice any adverse health effects, but if you do it for too long, odds are you are going to get cancer. His goal is to feed just enough to keep the plant nice and green (no N deficiency). He also considers coco and other soil-less mediums the same as soil for PH reasons and runs them at a PH in the low 6's. All of us newer growers normally choose an experienced growers philosophy to follow, and the guy I'm following is on a different wall than the norm. So far this grow, since adopting his methods, I'm having greater success. I'm in Pro-Mix at a PH of 6.2 feeding around .88 EC. I know there are others that have achieved great results using completely different methods. There appears to be more than one way to skin a cat. Just something to think about.

sec_Trainwreck_23.JPG

sec_Critical_3.JPG

Your ladies are looking awesome farside. Cant argue with your results by no means ! But I also follow a guy to the T and he is on here. You may have heard of him ledrf. I follow him step by step except I don't use ro water and I don't have co2 tank. And he is breaking he auto records on here. I do understand your concept and the way your guy has explained it. Makes perfect sense. I will see how they are looking tonight once they wake up. I still have to get some Epsom salts and hopefully that'll fix her.

Epson salt will push PH up, FYI. Good stuff, just watch your PH.

Cheers

Epsom salt would be for magnesium yea? That's what I use it for. Didn't think it had any calcium, but I could be wrong.

Epsom salt would be for magnesium yea? That's what I use it for. Didn't think it had any calcium, but I could be wrong.
It does have calcium too. Great stuff in moderation.

Cheers

You won't get the same results as somebody your following.. Your environment is the biggest dictator.. Any differences in lighting,r/h,temps,airflow, pressure etc will cause your plants uptake to differ.. Once you dial in your room and grow requirements, once you've learnt the knowledge your following and know what to do to get the most outta your environment, make small changes that are required, then you'll see similar to better results..., type of lighting and lighting coverage will cause higher or lower nutrient requirements... The main principle is, living things need water food and oxygen and to better help temp and r/h kept in check... Just a lot of variables from one grow room to the next, causing different plant requirements, ending in differing results.......

It does have calcium too. Great stuff in moderation.

Cheers

Guess you learn something new everyday. From what Ive read epsom salt only helps in getting calcium to your plant. Not that it actually gives it any, my bag says 100% magnesium sulfate, inactive ingredients sulfur, but no mention of any calcium. Don't get me wrong Im not trying to disprove you miller, just trying to get a better understanding of it all. Thanks for the info:thumb:

It helps get it to your plants, doesn't contain calcium...

It helps get it to your plants, doesn't contain calcium...

Thanks grizzwald, just wanted to make sure my facts were straight. I hate giving bad information, I just wanted to make sure I understood it right

I love getting on and seeing what you guys have been up to and talking about on my journal! So I wasn't around for the whole convo. But turns out you all have already got the Epsom salts discussion and figured out. No need for me to even comment ;) ;)

millertm thank you for your thoughts and assurance on how Epsom salts work!

Labman, I'm still new myself that's why I asked, so no worries man. I've just read and read! All my knowledge is book smarts. I'm just now getting the hands on :) :)

Fopho thanks for explaining to the journal your take and perspective on Epsom salts.

Grizzy! As always great mf'n description on growing styles and following a grower to a T. All the things you stayed are 100% true and things I live by. I just follow numerous people (yourself being one) and then try to apply what I've learned from EVERYONE and make my grow my own. So I totally feel you. Thank you for the explanation on Epsom not having calcium but let's the plant access it easier ! I didn't know that one ! Learn something new everyday !

Back
Top Bottom