Candida CD-1, Bright Light: A Community Grow Journal

:thumb:
Thanks bside-they’re both looking wonderful (the bits that aren’t pink ;) - I have trouble looking at pink light pics).

Excellent - I have noticed similar. The sativa type had some lovely purples towards the end.

thanks for dropping in with them bside!

Btw - pls send me the link to the side by side light thing :nerd-with-glasses: :nomo:

Amy I'll get some pics tonight in natural light for you and others that can't stand the blurple

:thumb:
Thanks bside-they’re both looking wonderful (the bits that aren’t pink ;) - I have trouble looking at pink light pics).

Excellent - I have noticed similar. The sativa type had some lovely purples towards the end.

thanks for dropping in with them bside!

Btw - pls send me the link to the side by side light thing :nerd-with-glasses: :nomo:

As promised Amy, comparison pics without the disco lights.

IMG_20200712_221747.jpg IMG_20200712_221509.jpg

Hi all. I hope your gardens are swell.
I thought I’d post this picture here as a homage to our venerable hostess.
I’m pretty excited to have the chance to try this medicine. She is in flower here for the first time. I have two of her clones in veg and more to come from them if all goes well. I also have some GA3 now and Candida seeds are ... going to be a relief, to say the least.
:love: :peace: Cheers.

Today was the day. It was an all day affair chopping, trimming and reloading for the next round.

Drying Tent.jpg

Next Round of Candida Clones
Clones.jpg

I have been experimenting with this medicine for the last couple weeks. Made some 00 capsules with decarbed and fresh bud. Since I gave up tobacco many years ago I rarely toke but I did smoke a small blunt. Very tasty, pine/lemony flavor. Calming effect with no euphoria.

Caddie

Today was the day. It was an all day affair chopping, trimming and reloading for the next round.

Drying Tent.jpg

Next Round of Candida Clones
Clones.jpg

I have been experimenting with this medicine for the last couple weeks. Made some 00 capsules with decarbed and fresh bud. Since I gave up tobacco many years ago I rarely toke but I did smoke a small blunt. Very tasty, pine/lemony flavor. Calming effect with no euphoria.

Caddie

Looks like a nice harvest Caddie well done How did the reversal go for the fem seeds?

Looks like a nice harvest Caddie well done How did the reversal go for the fem seeds?
It was a bust. I used CS I purchased from EBay that was supposed to be 60ppm. I sprayed every morning and evening for three weeks. Still went to flower showing pistils, no balls. I’m going to make my own CS and give it another whirl.

:bravo: I love the look of the packed tent. Nice bud-drying shelves;) :thumb:
Thanks Amy. Anything that I could hang I did and the rest went on my Walmart shelves. I zip up the tent and have a small fan on low blowing into the lower air intake on the tent and leave an exhaust hole open at the top. The room is about 68F with 50% humidity.

I mentioned in my journal that I am teaming up with a local to preserve the MH1 genetics. I thought it was worth a mention here.

There are a lot of different opinions out there about decarbing a high cbd strain. What temp and times do you guys and gals recommend?

I spent a lot of time and money growing my cd-1 and don’t want to make a mistake now. I’ll be filling capsules.

I break mine up into small pieces almost small enough to roll a joint with, put that into a 1 quart mason jar and tighten the lid and put that into a 225 degree oven for 70 minutes take out of oven leaving the jar sealed until cool and put that into a -14 degree freezer overnight until ready to make oil.

decarbing a high cbd strain
Hi Caddie I’m someone who aims for the higher temp de carb’ on CBD-only varieties like the Candida.
I aim for 140-150C for 90minutes as was recommended in a course I took at Green Flower Media and follows some of the leading science on the subject.

That said, @InTheShed used the same method he uses for THC buds and had the Candida oil he made tested and it showed complete decarb’ of the CBDa to CBD (he had all the CBD he expected and no CBDa detected in the final oil).

I think his temp is about 110C or 120C. I’ll check. Edit: he uses 240F so 116C, for 90minutes.

As you can see you have plenty of margins for error!
I splashed out and bought a Nova at Christmas and I am very glad I did. They recommend 2cycles for CBD bud. If you’re going to be making oil for a long time, I highly recommend it!

Thanks Amy and Nunya. I decided on 250f For 110 minutes. Hopefully that will do the trick.
Remember also that if this is mostly medicinal that a small percentage of the THCA and CBDA left is actually a good thing.
That's why I decarb mine at 225 for 70 minutes because I dont want it decarbed 100%
My hope is that I am getting between 85 to 95% decarb so I have 5-15% of THCA and CBDA.
For most ailments the "A"cid molecule is just as effective as the decarbed.

Back
Top Bottom