Candida CD1 & Doctor Seedsman, 2020

Seedsman international shipping is 5-25 days supposedly.

The Can 33 filter is C$122 at Indoor Growing. Is that the one you are referring to? Trying to decide on the fan, looking at the Canadian Iobionics or or slightly more expensive AC Infinity.

I know your are really conscientious about your plants but never knew you lived in your garden room :)

You might want to check out GrowLights dot ca. They are a Mars Hydro dealer, and also carry fans, filters, and nutrients. The six inch filters go from $99 - $129 CAD , depending on the length. Shipping is free over $99.

The Infinity is a nice one cause it has a built in speed controller....so you can figure that into the total cost. A cheap speed controller is gonna cost about 30-40 bucks. I am looking at buying exactly that eventually....the infinity inline fan with a Can #33. From what I have heard from others and mostly @Duggan is that the Can filters work the best and last a very long time.

Yup...Can#33 , bestest for our grow rooms......couple it to a 6inch fan(Ostberg) and your golden.Put them thru a speed controler run at between 75 and 85 % of max. to extend life and run quieter.
Cheers eh.
Have you ever heard of the Kootenay Filters? KFI?

I posted the story of them on my journa, but you haven't checked in there for a bit.

I am doing a little investigation into whether they might be a better buy than the Can filters. More ethical maybe....if they are as effective anyway.

Late again :rolleyes: what did I miss?

Welcome to the crew Del :ganjamon:

Nice lights ya got there they look great. I like the addition of all the different diodes to enhance the spectrum on the SP line.

I like your idea of the sections of 2x4 spaces. Those lights are designed to cover a 2x4 space. I do like one other option and that’s to just make your space 4x4 so the lights can “overlap” each other and see more gains especially with Panda film up to reflect. That’s the only con I see to the more spread out 2x4 sections. Although the payoff is the expand ability later on and that open space in the middle to get close to work on them. Inspect etc.

If your only wanting 2-4 plants in 10gal size pots. U won’t need any more lights. And 4x4ft is the right amount of floor space to grow four 10Gals efficiently.

Happy Friday Friends :surf:

Next update on seeds - the UK Royal Mail site is claiming they arrived at a sorting office near Toronto Airport yesterday at 2 am. A day and a half later they are still not showing up in the Canada Post system which likely means they'll be delivered before our postal service realizes they even have the package.

Next update on seeds - the UK Royal Mail site is claiming they arrived at a sorting office near Toronto Airport yesterday at 2 am. A day and a half later they are still not showing up in the Canada Post system which likely means they'll be delivered before our postal service realizes they even have the package.

Canada Post hasn't been updating their website on the weekends.

Late again :rolleyes: what did I miss?

Welcome to the crew Del :ganjamon:

Nice lights ya got there they look great. I like the addition of all the different diodes to enhance the spectrum on the SP line.

I like your idea of the sections of 2x4 spaces. Those lights are designed to cover a 2x4 space. I do like one other option and that’s to just make your space 4x4 so the lights can “overlap” each other and see more gains especially with Panda film up to reflect. That’s the only con I see to the more spread out 2x4 sections. Although the payoff is the expand ability later on and that open space in the middle to get close to work on them. Inspect etc.

If your only wanting 2-4 plants in 10gal size pots. U won’t need any more lights. And 4x4ft is the right amount of floor space to grow four 10Gals efficiently.

Happy Friday Friends :surf:

Not late and thanks for the suggestion. I'm a short ass guy so reaching to the back of a 4 x 4 area would have it's challenges which is why I thought about the three 2 x 4 sections. I could start with 4 x 4 in the middle and leave 2 ft of space either side and change it later when the blown budget allows the addition of another light so it's definitely food for thought. Thank you!

Not late and thanks for the suggestion. I'm a short ass guy so reaching to the back of a 4 x 4 area would have it's challenges which is why I thought about the three 2 x 4 sections. I could start with 4 x 4 in the middle and leave 2 ft of space either side and change it later when the blown budget allows the addition of another light so it's definitely food for thought. Thank you!
I am using castors (cheap dollar store) under my pots right now.....makes working with them much easier. Spinning them around to do foliars and pruning...or watering....clean up etc...

Since I started ordering seeds and supplies I have learned that canada post is completely random all the time. The fact it is Government run means nobody there cares about customers and their system is not really efficient.

Nope, just try and get one. They are the best, IMO of course. I have nothing but great things to say about their fans. Mine is a 6 inch , 'inline' . I got mine about 7 yrs. ago from my local hydro store . It has run 24/7/365 for all that time and it runs quiet too. If i was u , i would just try the zon, e bay or just google one. They are worth the effort to obtain. Cheers ...let me know when and if u get this combo , ok. I will assist u in getting it set up and running properly (thru a speed controller).
Cheers and enjoy the day DelBoy :high-five:

Nope, just try and get one. They are the best, IMO of course. I have nothing but great things to say about their fans. Mine is a 6 inch , 'inline' . I got mine about 7 yrs. ago from my local hydro store . It has run 24/7/365 for all that time and it runs quiet too. If i was u , i would just try the zon, e bay or just google one. They are worth the effort to obtain. Cheers ...let me know when and if u get this combo , ok. I will assist u in getting it set up and running properly (thru a speed controller).
Cheers and enjoy the day DelBoy :high-five:

The Ostberg fan is proving hard to get prices on, nothing on Amazon or eBay.

OK, have you tried looking at the Ostberg website? U may find a dealer link or find more info on them. Mine was 200 dollars Canadian. pretty sure u can still buy them. I will have a look. I will also ask my hydro store if he still has any. Cheers.

OK, just got off the phone with my Hydro store guy. Wow , he retired last yr. I never knew. Anyhow , the store is still in the family and doing well. The Ostberg fan is no longer available and has been discontinued for some reason , he didn't know why. I asked him wat a high quality alternative would be and he had great things to say about the 'Typhoon' 6 inch inline. They come with a 5 yr. warranty , are quiet and are priced between 150 and 185 Can. before taxes. cheers eh.

OK, have you tried looking at the Ostberg website? U may find a dealer link or find more info on them. Mine was 200 dollars Canadian. pretty sure u can still buy them. I will have a look. I will also ask my hydro store if he still has any. Cheers.

OK, just got off the phone with my Hydro store guy. Wow , he retired last yr. I never knew. Anyhow , the store is still in the family and doing well. The Ostberg fan is no longer available and has been discontinued for some reason , he didn't know why. I asked him wat a high quality alternative would be and he had great things to say about the 'Typhoon' 6 inch inline. They come with a 5 yr. warranty , are quiet and are priced between 150 and 185 Can. before taxes. cheers eh.

Thanks for checking and all the feedback. That's strange about Ostberg, the fan is still listed on their website and I have sent them an email. Maybe it didn't comply with US and/or Canadian standards.

Did your hydro store guy happen to say which Typhoon fan? There's one that looks like the Ostberg and an XL model which has a straight body. Would appreciate any any suggestions on a speed controller.

Thanks again, Merry Christmas and best wishes for bountiful growing in 2020.

Good morning Del. The fan sells for between 150 and 185 the guy said. He said he has NOT had one of those fans 'come back' for any reason. He recomended that to replace the Ostberg. If u can , get the Ostberg , but if it's just not available thru their web site then go with the Typhoon. Its a 6 inch inline. Make sure when u get a fan , u also get a flange to join it to a 6 inch filter (Can#33). The speed controller u will need are very inexpensive and are available all over the place at any big box store OK. Mine is from 'Active Air' and sold for about 25 dollars . Very important when u get it all up and running , to only run the fan at between 65 and 85 % to save the fan/filter from aging prematurally and so it runs quieter. Hope this helps bud. Cheers and enjoy your day.

Back
Top Bottom