Canna's Cooking with Cannabis!

Well lets call it Cocopacanabanana Brownies, hehe. I just called it Raw Brownies as the taste is similar. It is brown it is yummy and goes well into my tummy. You can add orange peels instead of the vanilla. Put chopped strawberries on top. I mean it pretty easy to make and you cannot make it bad.

It sounds fabulous!! Might need to whip up a batch of oil for that! Nis loves when I find new ways of eating mj. Thank you for your recipe!

I have decided to make some "green" tea using the stems ground up somewhat. Here they are in a bit of water while the tea pot heats on the stove. I'll report back later as to taste and such.

a6b7d4b1b9a0141267459f763152c3f2.jpg

Nice idea on the coin! I'm anxiously waiting how that tea turns out for you. It's good to see that someone else saves those trichome filled stems too. :thumb:

And....OMG....these caramels taste dangerously delicious! Just like candy, and I can hardly notice the cannabutter taste. You can smell it slightly.
They are definitely soft and chewy, but a little too soft for me. Next batch will cook just a little longer, or reduce the amount of evaporated milk. I always get scared I'll wind up with canna-brittle. Which I do not want.

So, I'm starting with a half piece to test the waters and still be sure I get stuff done today. :laugh:

Caramels2.jpg

Nice idea on the coin! I'm anxiously waiting how that tea turns out for you. It's good to see that someone else saves those trichome filled stems too. :thumb:

And....OMG....these caramels taste dangerously delicious! Just like candy, and I can hardly notice the cannabutter taste. You can smell it slightly.
They are definitely soft and chewy, but a little too soft for me. Next batch will cook just a little longer. I always get scared I'll wind up with canna-brittle. Which I do not want.

So, I'm starting with a half piece to test the waters and still be sure I get stuff done today. :laugh:

Caramels2.jpg
Dang! Those look like they would be great cooked into Sue's brownie recipe instead of the plain caramel. Hmmm. If you cooked it a touch less, would it be creamy and smooth, or would it end up sugary?

Dang! Those look like they would be great cooked into Sue's brownie recipe instead of the plain caramel. Hmmm. If you cooked it a touch less, would it be creamy and smooth, or would it end up sugary?

I would think it would be creamy and smooth, like a thick caramel sauce. I made some canna-caramel sauce recently and drizzled it over an ice cream Sundae. It was awesome....in more ways than one. LOL

This batch is more of a soft n gooey, than a soft n chewy. Even after being in the fridge a few hours.
So, I think I'm going to do a chocolate covered coating for this batch. That ought to be interesting. :laugh:

I'll stick with laundry and basic housework today. That doesn't take much thinkin' effort. :rofl:

It sounds fabulous!! Might need to whip up a batch of oil for that! Nis loves when I find new ways of eating mj. Thank you for your recipe!

Thank you. I'm glad I helped. Tell me how did it go, I'm going on holiday in an hour so next week I'm here! Bon apetit! :Namaste:

Thank you. I'm glad I helped. Tell me how did it go, I'm going on holiday in an hour so next week I'm here! Bon apetit! :Namaste:
Enjoy your vacation Tom! I'll try to get to the store in the next couple days. If I haven't by the time you are back, please feel free to give me a swift kick in the rear to get me on that. Lol. I've perfected procrastination.

:passitleft:

I would think it would be creamy and smooth, like a thick caramel sauce. I made some canna-caramel sauce recently and drizzled it over an ice cream Sundae. It was awesome....in more ways than one. LOL

This batch is more of a soft n gooey, than a soft n chewy. Even after being in the fridge a few hours.
So, I think I'm going to do a chocolate covered coating for this batch. That ought to be interesting. :laugh:

I'll stick with laundry and basic housework today. That doesn't take much thinkin' effort. :rofl:
Are you going to dip them in chocolate?? That sounds fabulous! Be sure to share pics please! Nom nom!

Well the White Widow part of that plant I used for the Cannabutter works. I got some energy. So I did the chocolate covering.

I started with two to three tbls. cannabutter and Bakers Semi-Sweet chocolate, chopped into small chunks in a microwave safe bowl. I also lined a sheet pan with parchment.

canna_choco_caramel_4.jpg

I Nuked the chocolate chunks for about 20 seconds at a time, stirring completely each time. Takes about 3 shots in the nuker, I had 12 oz. of chocolate. When it was about 1/2 melted, I added the cannabutter and mixed it in.

canna_choco_caramel_5.jpg

One more time in the nuker for about 20 seconds, then stirred vigorously until all the chocolate was melted smooth and it was glossy.

canna_choco_caramel_6.jpg

Now usually I would use the two forks method, one to dip into the chocolate and one to push it off the other fork onto the tray or rack. This was difficult because the caramels are so soft, they were sticking to the forks. (VERY humid here today too)
So, I just spooned a round base of chocolate onto the parchment paper and then set the caramel onto it and used the spoon to drizzle over the caramel until completely covered. A wire rack would not have worked for these as soft as they are. Let the chocolate set a few minutes and then sprinkle sea salt on top.

canna_choco_caramel_3.jpg

I put them in the fridge to firm up and then trimmed off the excess chocolate.

Canna_Choco_Caramel_1.jpg

Not the most uniform of chocolate covered treats, but they are rustic looking. You can tell by the fingerprint on one of them. :laugh: That chocolate was getting soft fast in this humidity.

canna_choco_caramel_2.jpg

I could not resist, I had to eat the one I cut in half.

In addition to the trimmed pieces, I have lots of chocolate left over. That is going to be used for dipping some orange slices.

YUM

Well the White Widow part of that plant I used for the Cannabutter works. I got some energy. So I did the chocolate covering.

I started with two to three tbls. cannabutter and Bakers Semi-Sweet chocolate, chopped into small chunks in a microwave safe bowl. I also lined a sheet pan with parchment.

canna_choco_caramel_4.jpg

I Nuked the chocolate chunks for about 20 seconds at a time, stirring completely each time. Takes about 3 shots in the nuker, I had 12 oz. of chocolate. When it was about 1/2 melted, I added the cannabutter and mixed it in.

canna_choco_caramel_5.jpg

One more time in the nuker for about 20 seconds, then stirred vigorously until all the chocolate was melted smooth and it was glossy.

canna_choco_caramel_6.jpg

Now usually I would use the two forks method, one to dip into the chocolate and one to push it off the other fork onto the tray or rack. This was difficult because the caramels are so soft, they were sticking to the forks. (VERY humid here today too)
So, I just spooned a round base of chocolate onto the parchment paper and then set the caramel onto it and used the spoon to drizzle over the caramel until completely covered. A wire rack would not have worked for these as soft as they are. Let the chocolate set a few minutes and then sprinkle sea salt on top.

canna_choco_caramel_3.jpg

I put them in the fridge to firm up and then trimmed off the excess chocolate.

Canna_Choco_Caramel_1.jpg

Not the most uniform of chocolate covered treats, but they are rustic looking. You can tell by the fingerprint on one of them. :laugh: That chocolate was getting soft fast in this humidity.

I could not resist, I had to eat the one I cut in half. In addition to the trimmed pieces, I have lots of chocolate left over. That is going to be used for dipping some orange slices.

YUM
Omg! That look so good! Wow. Very impressive. I'd eat the whole batch. Lol!!

Alright Cooking with Cannabis, this is something I am fond of :thumb:

I just wanted to throw my Cannabis Cooking experience into the thread here. I have been making cannabis cookies and other deserts for years, with my own style of infused butter.

1st how I infuse my butter.
2 LBS at a time

I was shown this technique from an old Stoner Baker I know, and it is how I have done it for years.
I have never done the decarb in the oven approach. I have always used the simmer technique.
2 LBS butter, 2 cups water, 1 OZ premium herb.
Grind Herb in coffee grinder. bring butter and water to a Very Very low simmer (Basically barely bubbling). Add herb and stir every 15 minutes for 2-3 hours. Put pan in refrigerator and allow to harden, then drain water. Never bothered straining because I use a coffee grinder and it was all super fine.

Cookies - The Easy Way !!!
Use the recipe on the back of the Toll House Chocolate Morsels Bag!
This is what I did for a while, Only I would multiply the recipe / ingredients up to match the 2lbs of butter I had and make one giant batch of cookies. I also would only cook on low heat 325 F.
TIP: I would Not mix in the chocolate morsels but would weigh up the dough and divide into 100 cookies then press the morsels into the top before baking. This made sure that every cookie had the same amount of infused dough.

Later I started tweaking the recipe and adding additional ingredients for flavor like cinnamon and nutmeg. Now I have my own signature Taste/smell that everyone knows.

Fast-forward a couple years....The Coma Cookie is created!

A friend got a reliable source for some really awesome pressed hash. It would actually come as light tan / green 4 OZ hockey pucks. So we decided to make a batch of my cookies but use 1 full OZ of the hash in place of the Herb. WOW!!!
He now gives me an OZ out of every puck he gets and I make a batch of cookies. I keep a couple dozen in return for making them. (I keep them in the freezer and the keep for many months just fine)
A name was coined by someone he gave one to, and now everyone in the area knows them as Coma Cookies. They really are a trip to experience. It comes on in waves, each wave making you that much more stoned and it last for many many hours. I have honestly woke up the following morning still feeling it sometimes.

I have tried making a few things different things and experiment with my cannabis cooking, all deserts though. One of the best ideas I had was I save some of the butter and made Icing / Frosting (whatever you want to call it) with confectioner sugar, then I made cookie sandwiches with it and a couple of my cannabis cookies.

I use my infused butter for other things and am always looking for new things to try so I am definitely subbing this thread

Alright Cooking with Cannabis, this is something I am fond of :thumb:

I just wanted to throw my Cannabis Cooking experience into the thread here. I have been making cannabis cookies and other deserts for years, with my own style of infused butter.

1st how I infuse my butter.
2 LBS at a time

I was shown this technique from an old Stoner Baker I know, and it is how I have done it for years.
I have never done the decarb in the oven approach. I have always used the simmer technique.
2 LBS butter, 2 cups water, 1 OZ premium herb.
Grind Herb in coffee grinder. bring butter and water to a Very Very low simmer (Basically barely bubbling). Add herb and stir every 15 minutes for 2-3 hours. Put pan in refrigerator and allow to harden, then drain water. Never bothered straining because I use a coffee grinder and it was all super fine.

Cookies - The Easy Way !!!
Use the recipe on the back of the Toll House Chocolate Morsels Bag!
This is what I did for a while, Only I would multiply the recipe / ingredients up to match the 2lbs of butter I had and make one giant batch of cookies. I also would only cook on low heat 325 F.
TIP: I would Not mix in the chocolate morsels but would weigh up the dough and divide into 100 cookies then press the morsels into the top before baking. This made sure that every cookie had the same amount of infused dough.

Later I started tweaking the recipe and adding additional ingredients for flavor like cinnamon and nutmeg. Now I have my own signature Taste/smell that everyone knows.

Fast-forward a couple years....The Coma Cookie is created!

A friend got a reliable source for some really awesome pressed hash. It would actually come as light tan / green 4 OZ hockey pucks. So we decided to make a batch of my cookies but use 1 full OZ of the hash in place of the Herb. WOW!!!
He now gives me an OZ out of every puck he gets and I make a batch of cookies. I keep a couple dozen in return for making them. (I keep them in the freezer and the keep for many months just fine)
A name was coined by someone he gave one to, and now everyone in the area knows them as Coma Cookies. They really are a trip to experience. It comes on in waves, each wave making you that much more stoned and it last for many many hours. I have honestly woke up the following morning still feeling it sometimes.

I have tried making a few things different things and experiment with my cannabis cooking, all deserts though. One of the best ideas I had was I save some of the butter and made Icing / Frosting (whatever you want to call it) with confectioner sugar, then I made cookie sandwiches with it and a couple of my cannabis cookies.

I use my infused butter for other things and am always looking for new things to try so I am definitely subbing this thread

It's great to have you here Alchemist! Those Coma Cookies are right up my alley!! Lol! They sound down right delightful!!

I've made cannabutter noodles and herbs before. It was delish!

I cooked the noodles. Put the butter on the warm noodles, added fresh basil and chives. Sprinkled some garlic powder and parmesan. Stir. Enjoy. Easy peasy and tasted great!

51ff2e1287cfc70260961fa4f6522ec9.jpg

It's great to have you here Alchemist! Those Coma Cookies are right up my alley!! Lol! They sound down right delightful!!

I've made cannabutter noodles and herbs before. It was delish!

I cooked the noodles. Put the butter on the warm noodles, added fresh basil and chives. Sprinkled some garlic powder and parmesan. Stir. Enjoy. Easy peasy and tasted great!

51ff2e1287cfc70260961fa4f6522ec9.jpg
Yummmm....I love pasta.

Sent from my SM-N915V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Alchemist420,

You have me wanting to make cookies now. And I probably will after my next round of work days here. :)

It's nice to read from someone else who does not decarb the weed before making butter, I don't do that either. Never have. My butter turns out kick ass without doing it. Those who do it say it really helps, so I am going to try it on my next batch of butter.
Thanks for sharing your Butter and Cookies info here.

:circle-of-love:

Today I'm infusing some olive oil to be used in caps, or for cooking.

I started with 14g of Heavyweight Fruit Punch buds. I ground them up in our coffee grinder. Worked like a charm. The buds weren't super dry, so I'm not too worried about dust being made and not being able to go through the filter.

Next thing I did was measure 325 ml of extra virgin olive oil. It went into a pint canning jar. Then I put the buds in the oil mix. Cover the jar and put in the oven at 170° for 24-36 hrs. I did NOT decarb the buds first. The idea is it will decarb itself in the oil during the 24-36 hrs.

I'll post a pic when I take it out later.

I did the same today, but I decarbed them and I only used trim. Froze after decarb. After a day added olive oil and sunflower litchen (spelling). and heated again in oven. Strained the oil to a mason jar.

Made some vinegarette dressing for my salad (only used a teaspoon on salad) ... and boom... 1/2 hour later :laugh:

This is the finished infused olive oil. It has been strained and put in the fridge until used for capsules or cooking.

0699370400d3982fefd1e234faf87616.jpg

4f2493c9b32159671ee8e80985375c68.jpg

The left over buds will be saved for brownies to give them a little extra punch.

ca66b6b88a496bd421453443ada78a4d.jpg

Just wanted to toss up a few of the tea I made the other day. I had a busy day cleaning that day. The tea tasted great, although I would add some fresh mint to the mix. Here's how I made it.

I put a half of a white peach in the bottom.of the glass jar. Added some honey and kinda mashed it to release the peach juices. Now is when I would add the mint. Then addded ice and let sit. In the French press is where I filtered the stems. Then poured the stem tea over the peach mash. It was pretty tasty.

2f61792421eb39f4f5026d0cb4820517.jpg

563a367dacd2f5312d16682e5aff53c8.jpg

400f4e78eb0a7b345a3ebee09fd6f0b6.jpg

a85b01bc98f61b8d89dbcf5915119f40.jpg

9d582d93c8979c8747301e9c7c5f91be.jpg

Back
Top Bottom