Canna's Cooking with Cannabis!

Thank you for the kind words. I'm looking forward to see some more serious cook making it (better than me fo sho).
I ate a lot of sprouts in salad with Herbes de Provence and some olive oil there, now thats some way to eat cannabis too, right?
And thanks for all those tutorials here, great stuff. Happy growing. :Namaste:
I have a 5:1 cannabis infused olive oil that I use in all kinds of cooking. It's good on noodles, in gravy, eggs, anything you use olive oil in can usually be infused, as long as the temps aren't too high.

So thanks to tropical storm Hermine two branches broke off my plant and it was just starting to flower. I hung the branches outside last night to dry.

I would like to make some cannabutter. Do let them dry out or just cut them and do it today? Also what ratio to butter should I use? Will I actually get any effect from just flowering plants?

So thanks to tropical storm Hermine two branches broke off my plant and it was just starting to flower. I hung the branches outside last night to dry.

I would like to make some cannabutter. Do let them dry out or just cut them and do it today? Also what ratio to butter should I use? Will I actually get any effect from just flowering plants?
If you were to use those for cooking, I'd do a slow decarb in olive oil or coconut oil. I can't say that you will get a psychedelic feel from it, but you should get some benefit out of extracting from the fresh plant. You could also juice it and drink it. I'm afraid since there aren't many, if any, trichomes, you won't feel stoned from it.

This is right up my alley and perfect timing on finding this thread! I will be making butter and oil soon and trying some of these recipe ideas out. I also have a few of my own up my sleeve that I will document and post here as I make them!

This is right up my alley and perfect timing on finding this thread! I will be making butter and oil soon and trying some of these recipe ideas out. I also have a few of my own up my sleeve that I will document and post here as I make them!

Yes, more yummy, yummy here!

Yes, more yummy, yummy here!

Can't wait for more recipes! As I think of them, I post them here. We don't get as much alone time to cook these meals for us, kids are home more can't be medicating them with our food.

I finished the last of the canna butter last week. You inspired me to make more today.

2 pounds of mostly-melted butter (I find it easier to incorporate more plant material in if its melted already) and about 90 grams of decarbed trim. This is the last of the trim from the emergency tear down a couple months back.

image16877.jpeg

It's a bit excessive on the plant material, but these were immature leaves, so I'm doing an intentional overload. It's all leaves, mostly sativa-dominant.

Into the MBM2 on 160 degrees for two hours.

image16878.jpeg

I miss having canna butter on my oatmeal. Tomorrow I'll be able to do that again. I need to look at butter molds. They'd make life so much easier.

I finished the last of the canna butter last week. You inspired me to make more today.

2 pounds of mostly-melted butter (I find it easier to incorporate more plant material in if its melted already) and about 90 grams of decarbed trim. This is the last of the trim from the emergency tear down a couple months back.

image16877.jpeg

It's a bit excessive on the plant material, but these were immature leaves, so I'm doing an intentional overload. It's all leaves, mostly sativa-dominant.

Into the MBM2 on 160 degrees for two hours.

image16878.jpeg

I miss having canna butter on my oatmeal. Tomorrow I'll be able to do that again. I need to look at butter molds. They'd make life so much easier.
Look for them on the a. Mazon. They have all kinds and shapes.

image16893.jpeg

All's well with the world again. :laughtwo:

image16893.jpeg

All's well with the world again. :laughtwo:
I've been chasing you down woman. Lol!

I'll put this here as well. Lol!!

Hey Sue, how's it going this evening?

I've got a question for you. Tomorrow I will harvest the OGK clone. We want to use her to make oil. What's the best way to make oil with a whole fresh plant?

Ps. How long will your butter last? What do you use it in?

I've been chasing you down woman. Lol!

I'll put this here as well. Lol!!

Hey Sue, how's it going this evening?

I've got a question for you. Tomorrow I will harvest the OGK clone. We want to use her to make oil. What's the best way to make oil with a whole fresh plant?

Ps. How long will your butter last? What do you use it in?

Hahaha! I can be hard to track sometimes. Lol!

I've answered the oil question in the study hall. The butter lasts me quite a while, since the only thing I really use it for is oatmeal. I ran out last week, and that was butter I made from the emergency tear down back in May???? I've lost track of the timing.

When cooking, try not to exceed 325 degrees. I believe that was the temp K recommended.

Good morning, by the way. Got a good night's sleep and woke with the typical smile as I thought "Somewhere out there....." :battingeyelashes: :love:

Hahaha! I can be hard to track sometimes. Lol!

I've answered the oil question in the study hall. The butter lasts me quite a while, since the only thing I really use it for is oatmeal. I ran out last week, and that was butter I made from the emergency tear down back in May???? I've lost track of the timing.

When cooking, try not to exceed 325 degrees. I believe that was the temp K recommended.

Good morning, by the way. Got a good night's sleep and woke with the typical smile as I thought "Somewhere out there....." :battingeyelashes: :love:
Thanks Sue! Have a great day! If you get a sec, I could really use your wisdom/experience over in my cozy corner. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom