Closet Farmers 1st Soil Grow - White Ruski

Thanks TCK for the great answer! That is exactly what I will do. I also appreciate your confirmation Blue Planet!!! Both your your support means a lot!! :Namaste:

Thanks TCK for the great answer! That is exactly what I will do. I also appreciate your confirmation Blue Planet!!! Both your your support means a lot!! :Namaste:

Well, guess everyone answered your questions, My friend. Nice to have Blue Planet riding along.:love:

Well, guess everyone answered your questions, My friend. Nice to have Blue Planet riding along.:love:

OMM. You are the best!!

I love this site! I have browsed other sites where every one is always MFing each other or ridiculing other peoples questions. This site everyone really is out to help. We are all here to learn and help and I like it!!

And Yes! It is nice to have a nute manufacturer ride along!! Talk about an advatage!! This is a great oportunity. Something I will put in a journal some day and write my own story!!!:high-five:

I appreciate you too TCK!! I look forward to not let you down!!

Just a quick update. The seedlings are doing great! I have my nute bucket set up with 2 airstones. Right now I have only the Root Magic by BPN in the bucket and have adjusted the PH to 6.
nute_bucket_set_up.JPG

aireated_nute_bucket.JPG

Here are the seedlings. The one in the black container got is behind one week because I wanted another plant in the room after I killed 2 of the seedlings by incorrectly planting them. The brown pots are MG organic soil and the black pot is in ocean forrest soil.
my_4_little_plants.JPG

It is hard to believe that this will be over a pound of buds in less than 3 months!! But that is what is going to happen. I am shooting for 1 and a half pounds of pure CACUCASIAN COMMIE BUD!!

I have to admit that my stress level is very low growing in dirt as opposed to hydro. I don't have to worry about mistakes and spills in my grow room. I still love the hydro though!

Yeeee Hawwww!!!!! :blunt::party:

Also, after moving the nutes to my grow closet. I am noticing the odor a lot. It is not unpleasant. I do not see any need to mask it or anything. It is just there. It is a strong odor though. I was wondering if that odor would have CO2 gas in it. And if it does, wouldn't it be a benefit to the plants in the room?:scratchinghead:

Love that Sativa in the am!!! It makes my brain churn! Excuse me for Ramblin on........:thumb:

Are the plants in MG doing better or is it just me?

They are not doing better. They just had about a week head start. I started with 5 seedlings. I made a real rookie error and lost 2 seedlings. I really wanted at least 4 in the grow space so I quickly germinated another seed. So the seed in the Ocean Forest is a week behind.

I have one bag on MG Organic and a Bag of Ocean Forrest. I am thinking about mixing the 2 bags together along with about 10% perilite. What do you think?

You have a great set up and great knowlege. Thanks for checking me out!! :high-five:

oh hey, just some advice. go easy on the nutes if using soil with fert already in it. You may not need to add nutrients for the first couple of weeks if using the MG organic soil. That provides plenty of nutes during the first stages of growth and you don't want to over feed for sure.

oh hey, just some advice. go easy on the nutes if using soil with fert already in it. You may not need to add nutrients for the first couple of weeks if using the MG organic soil. That provides plenty of nutes during the first stages of growth and you don't want to over feed for sure.

I am not using any nutes at all. I wasn't planning on using nutes until I repot in a few weeks. I am only using the Root Magic as you instructed. Thanks for your input.

My plan at the current moment is to repot into 5 gallon pots in a few weeks. I am thinking about mixing the MG Oganic and the Ocean Forrest 50/50 with about 10 to 20% perilite. When I repot I was going to use half strengh nutes at first. Does this sound like a good plan or should I reconsider?

I really do appreciate the input!:high-five:

Thanks! :thanks:

Hi Closet Farmer -

I don't know squat about soil, but I'm definitely gonna follow along. I use Miracle Gro Organic in my regular gardening, and it seems like it's surprisingly better than their other stuff, but I've never grown cannabis in it. I'll bet it works fine for you, frankly.

+rep for good luck on the new grow and gettin' dirty with soil!

:popcorn:

I would watch your plants for the first few weeks and make a decision based on how they look before I start adding any nutes at all. You should be ok if you start at the beginning of the feed schedule after 2 weeks in soil since the feed schedule starts with very conservative dosing. Your soil mix sounds terrific. Also, I wouldn't wait more than 3 weeks to start feeding if your plants look like they are hungry. Half strength will work great when starting the feed regimen.

Hi Closet Farmer -

I don't know squat about soil, but I'm definitely gonna follow along. I use Miracle Gro Organic in my regular gardening, and it seems like it's surprisingly better than their other stuff, but I've never grown cannabis in it. I'll bet it works fine for you, frankly.

+rep for good luck on the new grow and gettin' dirty with soil! :popcorn:

Thanks for the + Rep Xlr8!!! The MG Organic does seem like good soil. The reason I wanted to mix it with the Fox Farm ocean is I believe it has less nutes in it already. And if I don't use it. It will go to waste. I thought I would try dirt for a change this grow. Something different...

:high-five:
I would watch your plants for the first few weeks and make a decision based on how they look before I start adding any nutes at all. You should be ok if you start at the beginning of the feed schedule after 2 weeks in soil since the feed schedule starts with very conservative dosing. Your soil mix sounds terrific. Also, I wouldn't wait more than 3 weeks to start feeding if your plants look like they are hungry. Half strength will work great when starting the feed regimen.

Thank you my Friend! I will do just that. Right now the seedlings are starting to stretch and really get fired up. I think in two weeks they will be ready for the nutes. I think this is going to be a great grow for me!! I am excited to have your advice too!! :thumb:

Glad to have you stop by Sisco Kid! I just checked out your journal too! Great information on LSTing! The videos are fun too!! :high-five:

How big is that closet bro (dimensions)?

My closet is 4' by 7' long. I also have about 7 feet of grow area height. As you know that is where the 1000w comes in handy. I use about a 4x4 to 5' of the ground area for plants and the rest of the area for growing supplies. The way the closet is designed it would be difficult to use more than 4 feet of the space because of the entry door possition. I wish I could do a video like you did. Maybe I will try to figure it out! Do you have to publish first with youtube?

I have my portable ac ducted through the ceiling like you do also. I also fan have vents for the lighting . But mine are not attached in my attic. I really liked that idea of yours on your journal! So my room is a little noisier than yours.

Sorry about the long answer. Glad to see you view my journal! :thumb:

I am confused as to what size pot I should use when I repot this weekend. Should I go with 3 gallon pots or 5 gallon pots. I have enough light and height to grow all my plants 6 feet tall. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :Namaste:

My closet is 4' by 7' long. I also have about 7 feet of grow area height. As you know that is where the 1000w comes in handy. I use about a 4x4 to 5' of the ground area for plants and the rest of the area for growing supplies. The way the closet is designed it would be difficult to use more than 4 feet of the space because of the entry door possition. I wish I could do a video like you did. Maybe I will try to figure it out! Do you have to publish first with youtube?

I have my portable ac ducted through the ceiling like you do also. I also fan have vents for the lighting . But mine are not attached in my attic. I really liked that idea of yours on your journal! So my room is a little noisier than yours.

Sorry about the long answer. Glad to see you view my journal! :thumb:

That's a good size closet:thumb:

The 1k HPS was the reason I asked..lol Hey a long answer is good, gives me a mental picture to work with.

You do videos can only come through Youtube here, so upload and set them to un-listed so only people with the link can view them. I hope to see some of your closet in action!

Back
Top Bottom