Come On Folks Let's See Some Eye Candy! Here's Some For Ya

I hope it's more too, but that's a number that's fairly static and a proven rule-of-thumb. Either way, you got almost a pound of good-looking produce in your first grow. I'd call that a victory.

420-magazine-mobile1022574872.jpg
a pic from my summer grow two years ago! Freeze landxraspberryxhaze mix me and my father crossed

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It's tough not to weigh everything your first few harvests, but personally, I don't weigh anything wet any longer.

The reason I'm weighing is to know when it's dry. So when it loses a certain amount of moisture I'll know it's done drying by the difference in weight as well as visual and feel of the bud. Just another metric to measure the drying process. It's not just the urge to know the weight there is actually rhyme and reason, maybe as I grow more I'll have a different sense of when things are done, but as of now weight is a good indicator for me.

Spread peace, love, and music!
Girl Scout Cookies
Girl Scout Cookies

The reason I'm weighing is to know when it's dry. So when it loses a certain amount of moisture I'll know it's done drying by the difference in weight as well as visual and feel of the bud. Just another metric to measure the drying process. It's not just the urge to know the weight there is actually rhyme and reason, maybe as I grow more I'll have a different sense of when things are done, but as of now weight is a good indicator for me.

Girl Scout Cookies
Girl Scout Cookies

While I don't usually "talk" in this thread you need this advice and it will help others, so here you go. Go to the reptile section of your local Petco and buy some stick on hygrometers. Stick these on the inside of the lids of your jars. When the bud is dry on the outside pop it in the jars and close the lid. Wait an hour or 2 check it you want 65-70 if it is too high take it out and dry some more if it is too low pop a fresh bud in. Either way keep checking it for a few days. If it is just a little over open the jar for a few hours at a time and reseal and check. When the buds reach 65-70 close the jars and finish curing.

edit -- there is some bud I prefer in the 60 range, so 60-70 based on your preference. Don't go past 70

second edit -- when you first put in the buds the stems will still have water in them unless you have dried them to a crisp so overnight that will raise the RH a lot... keep checking them until they stabalize

While I don't usually "talk" in this thread you need this advice and it will help others, so here you go. Go to the reptile section of your local Petco and buy some stick on hygrometers. Stick these on the inside of the lids of your jars. When the bud is dry on the outside pop it in the jars and close the lid. Wait an hour or 2 check it you want 65-70 if it is too high take it out and dry some more if it is too low pop a fresh bud in. Either way keep checking it for a few days. If it is just a little over open the jar for a few hours at a time and reseal and check. When the buds reach 65-70 close the jars and finish curing.

edit -- there is some bud I prefer in the 60 range, so 60-70 based on your preference. Don't go past 70

Nice trick! I'm definitely going to try this.

Girl Scout Cookies
Girl Scout Cookies

I hope it's more too, but that's a number that's fairly static and a proven rule-of-thumb. Either way, you got almost a pound of good-looking produce in your first grow. I'd call that a victory.

Just checked my buds and yeah I believe the 75% thing is correct as they have already lost a lot of the weight! Those things were heavy as hell before, lol! I think my math has will be close.

Girl Scout Cookies
Girl Scout Cookies

So I should only count on it weighing 25% percent of that initial weight? 1689x.75= 1266.75, 1689-1266.75=422.25. So you're saying that essentially I should expect to only get 422.25 grams from this initial weigh in?

Girl Scout Cookies
Girl Scout Cookies

I know this has already been "hashed out".
Some of it depends on the strain and your trimming. I figure on 20% of the harvest weight. I've had more and I've had less. I haven't weighed the wet stuff in a while.

Back
Top Bottom