Crashdog's 1st Grow Journal - How To Torture Small Leafy Things - DWC

Just what we need, another masshole. It seems like a surge of us here since it became legal.

Good thread....keep it coming, it might motivate me to post my grow.

U have to get back up battery air pumps they r on eBay u plug them in and when the power goes out they turn on saves me last night

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just what we need, another masshole. It seems like a surge of us here since it became legal.

Good thread....keep it coming, it might motivate me to post my grow.

Thanks Eeko,
Welcome aboard. You should defiantly start a journal. It's a lot of fun and you get free help. Which is great because I need lots.

U have to get back up battery air pumps they r on eBay u plug them in and when the power goes out they turn on saves me last night

Thanks Icemann.

I have some server class UPS units lying around. I used to use them for all my electronics. I came home one day and one was beeping from a failed battery test and it was almost to hot to touch so I stopped using them. I'll probably throw one out side my tent and plug it in next time i know there is a storm coming.

OK, so now on to tonight's PROBLEMS......... I'm sober.. Its a tragedy I know.
but enought about me. Lets move on to my plants possible problem
Yesterday I did a reservoir change for Alice and Goldie. (god i love those gals) they are at 1/2 strength nutes since Friday. They did some major growing today. The PH actually went up a bit from yesterday. Goldie went from 5.69 to 6.71 and Alice - 5.91 to 6.8 not sure what that means. they were pretty stable till the res change.
Now the ROOTS.
I dont know if this is root rot or Stain from nutes. Its the same tint as the water. It doesn't start till where the roots hit the water. They don't smell and they aren't slimy.
Pics of Goldie
1st 3 pics are the same plant using different lights.

IMG_113540.JPG

Really shows up under the purple lights
IMG_113432.JPG
IMG_113148.JPG

Here's a poor one of Alice

IMG_113332.JPG

Here are the rest of tonight's pics

Goldie and Alice

IMG_1132a.JPG

And Wendy and Wilma
Wendy has finally stepped in line and showing some growth. I put her is a 6" pot tonight and she finally has some root growing out of the Rapid Rooter.

IMG_113734.JPG
IMG_113633.JPG

IMG_114038.JPG

IMG_112543.JPG

So, what do you think? rot?

Nice! Started mine from seed 2 was after you. I'm also taking advantage of the new mass law! I'm down the cape

How long has your current Rez bin running if about two weeks u will c a lot of ph jumping depending on your Rez gallons that just means the plant is using all the chemicals it wants and only what's left is causing the swing id say it's time for a change

Haha...Cambridge, MA here!!

Hey Crash - don't worry about the root color. They're looking good! Like Rider said, just nute discoloration. I'd be more worried about the huge pH jumps. Do you have an EC meter to check the PPMs?
Cool
Ya I got a pH and a TDS meter. Both readings are staying steady. Tenths of an upswing/downswing. I'm happy bout that. I write it down every night. Need to transfer to excel so I can use it on my tablet in the grow room.
Thanks

How long has your current Rez bin running if about two weeks u will c a lot of ph jumping depending on your Rez gallons that just means the plant is using all the chemicals it wants and only what's left is causing the swing id say it's time for a change
Good info Icemann,
Been changing every Sat/Sun and those 2 are more steady then the 2 WW's with no nutes .
Thanks.

So now I'm a little worried because I think I waited too long to top. And now she's starting to look like a big Bush

slide_1_IMG_1145.JPG

slide_2_WonderWomanBush.jpg
slide_3_munching.jpg
slide_4_IMG_1146.JPG

WOW!!!!! THANKS WONDER WOMAN.

I guess I have no worries after all.

(I wonder if I crossed that dam line again. We'll see if this post gets deleted ) :laughtwo:

You have no idea. Investing time into learning is my modus operandi.

A few years back I got interested in surgery techniques. I dove head first into learning. Before I knew it I had amassed enough surgical equipment to outfit a complete in-field surgery suite. Everything. Literally... everything. One night my wife and I were watching some medical show on TV and the doc asked an intern which bowel resection technique was appropriate given the variables presented and I blurted out the answer. My wife is very understanding of my needs but she paused the show and put her foot down. Something about letting my intellectual obsessions dominate my life. I donated almost everything to a local animal hospital.

A month or so ago a close friend presented with a heterotopic pregnancy. Twins, one of which was ectopically located in a fallopian tube. I went to a pre-surgery consult with her. After discussing the various interventions the doc asked where I practiced. When I told him I was a layman he just stared at me like I was a freak of nature. But following our conversation he did change his initial approach, preserving the intrauterine fetus.

My wife dropped a kitchen knife which landed across the top of her foot, severing the tendon to the big toe. She wanted me to stitch her up but I didn't have everything I needed since I'd donated the fun stuff. In the ER I had to glove up and pump the pressure cuff because it leaked, so I got to watch the surgeon work. After he cut back to find the tendons I held the tendons with forceps while he applied small interrupted sutures. I asked him if the Achilles tendon technique wasn't a better option for such a large tendon and, being the egotistical prick that most surgeons are, he angrily asked if I wanted to do the surgery. I said yes. He pointed out that I shouldn't even be assisting but for the circumstances. His sutures ultimately failed. My wife had to go back into surgery with him utilizing the Achilles technique, on his own dime.

There's so much more. I've got a double-E, crafted state legislation to my benefit, been a lethal and less-lethal weapons instructor for the state, a state's expert witness on use of force, started and sold engineering companies, owned a bail bond agency, contracted for fugitive recovery all over the US, was the head brewer for a craft brewery, and managed air operations for UPS. Most of it concurrent with owning and running a tattoo and piercing shop for the last twenty one years. Sometimes, an obsessively curious mind has benefits.

You must grow a mean plant lmao!

Cool
Ya I got a pH and a TDS meter. Both readings are staying steady. Tenths of an upswing/downswing. I'm happy bout that. I write it down every night. Need to transfer to excel so I can use it on my tablet in the grow room.
Thanks

Good info Icemann,
Been changing every Sat/Sun and those 2 are more steady then the 2 WW's with no nutes .
Thanks.

So now I'm a little worried because I think I waited too long to top. And now she's starting to look like a big Bush

slide_1_IMG_1145.JPG

slide_2_WonderWomanBush.jpg
slide_3_munching.jpg
slide_4_IMG_1146.JPG

WOW!!!!! THANKS WONDER WOMAN.

I guess I have no worries after all.

(I wonder if I crossed that dam line again. We'll see if this post gets deleted ) :laughtwo:

They will have to delete it twice then! She's the guardian of your gardenverse lol. Ladies are coming along beautifully sir everyone looks happy and healthy .

Hey Crash

Plants are looking good, I know bugger all about hydro, so I'll hang around and learn some if you don't mind.

Good to see someone else growing that's not good with plants. My roof gardens shameful, but the plants that live there have felt the benefits of me taking up growing weed in the summer.

The wife and I call it the Darwin garden. If it survives the extreme weather up there and my abuse it stays. There have been countless casulties.

:Namaste:

All it takes is for a person to know one thing some else does not and there is the potential to learn. Finding its best to learn from many different sources and Crash you may be newer than some at this but we have learned there's always someone newer lol. Great job thus far fellas! .

Ur a hoot crashdog and ur grow is coming along just fine. I took scissors to my roots before i figured out it was just nute staining! Your best tool is your nose. Smell the roots and touch them if they are smelly and slimy then that's the start of root rot. If not you may just be paranoid bc thats an option too. I figured out to leave them alone was sometimes the best option

Is that a ROOT in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

It looks like Wendy might make it to Veg. It only took her a month.

Wendy_Roots.JPG

Give Wendy something to drink. She looks parched! Just pour res water over the stones a few times a day without soaking the rooter.

I agree. I've been neglecting her. Some mornings I forget to feed her. I see the other plants thriving and forget about ol Wendy.

Back
Top Bottom