17135423905331120192045463665816.jpg

17135424740716930730225251053648.jpg

Wild Thia
17135425549958088654335078308932.jpg

17135426131847247942793867538953.jpg

Critical 47
17135427017862860486750971846041.jpg

17135427732381121050895579952856.jpg

There's no more white pistols anywhere. Does this mean she's ready to harvest?

nice closeup!!
guessing you gave it at least another week.

nice closeup!!
guessing you gave it at least another week.
I ordered a magnifying glass so we can check out the trichomes this weekend. I know she's got a good amount of cloudy a little bit of amber and she packed on some bud growth this past week. As well as a few foxtails. When I chop her I'll be doing it when the trichomes are mostly cloudy and more amber. As well as the chopping will take place 2 hrs before she wakes up. I'ma be that bump in the night...she just don't know it yet..🪓☠️

Oh you mean like keep her in the dark for that initiative 48 hr ordeal or something like that. ? Naw. I'm just gonna chop her up before lights on. That'll allow the plant to ripen through the day and by the days end shell be officially dying slowly and at her peak. Jorge Cervantes explains it pretty well in one of his books. Now it's just applying what I've read and making it an experience 😇

She isn't really drinking like she was either so I'm taking that into consideration and will be doing that dry out time that you other growers mention in your prior to harvesting posts. Which I thank you for the input on a daily. Im only as good as my knowledge grows. 💎🙏🏻

Gotta read that. I've never chopped and then left them in the light.
I go from dark to dark.
I'm always fighting moisture in SoFL when drying so starting that way may help
also heard don't chop on a full moon
I bet it gets hella humid in Florida!! I couldn't live there, you know how many snakes an gaters id accumulate?? Lol

I love fingered dick analogies 😇🌈🍭
lol ... Well you are in luck I have an example of the plant that is :). I took a branch for some freeze dry testing. The pistils are receded and the bracts are swollen, so yeah there are a bunch of chodes in the pic. Hope it helps :).
IMG_4055.JPG

:420:💚
Morning y'all

Today's gonna be one them days ...I can't get my head on straight..I seriously just walked in a big circle around the kitchen and living room like 4 times looking for something and nothing just wandering. ..coffee... 😆
I been trying to get pics of the trichomes all over the critical 47 with the new magnifying glass...I stick it up to the camera on the phone and adjust the settings. It sucks. Lol

Oh yeah so I haven't ever ever harvested anything other than some garden veggies which I gotta go collect strawberries this morning!!😁

I need some more experienced eye for details kinda help. 🙏🏻 It's probably pretty good cuz the taster bud I plucked and dried in my broken oven..it was the larf and I'm lost in my own home for fuck sakes..hahhaha ...

:420:💚
Morning y'all

Today's gonna be one them days ...I can't get my head on straight..I seriously just walked in a big circle around the kitchen and living room like 4 times looking for something and nothing just wandering. ..coffee... 😆
I been trying to get pics of the trichomes all over the critical 47 with the new magnifying glass...I stick it up to the camera on the phone and adjust the settings. It sucks. Lol

Oh yeah so I haven't ever ever harvested anything other than some garden veggies which I gotta go collect strawberries this morning!!😁

I need some more experienced eye for details kinda help. 🙏🏻 It's probably pretty good cuz the taster bud I plucked and dried in my broken oven..it was the larf and I'm lost in my own home for fuck sakes..hahhaha ...
Alrighty.. Deep Breath . exhale slowly :). We have all been there and I still get the same way aro8und harvest time. Like is it perfect yet ?? is it , is it ? umm maybe another day or umm maybe a week ? Bottom line its you finding what you like. Now in the beginning of my grow day before cell phones with good cameras it was trying to find the right magnifying glass / Jewlers loop and sticking my face in my ed and mel frank books .. along with well over 75% of the pistils are dry . Nerve racking as you have spend all this time caring for your ladies and this is like the most import part , Cant screw it up now! lol

Now just in regards to the trich's you don't want to pay attention to what they look like on the sugar leaves you want to look at the bract. From what I see your good. Could you wait yes . Is it necessary nope. Now one thing to consider for the future is the lighting as I have a portable scop that I hook up to my lap top and well to much makes them look clear so I have to play around with it . Know that I have pulled stuff weeks early on photos , all white pistils bracts still tiny cones and it worked , What I noticed is the majority of the effects aided in pain relief .

Hope this helps ya ! Have a Blessed day !!

In my experience, you have a couple week window. A nine wheeler can be cut at 7, and still smoke great. Yield and profile may be different, but it won't be garbage. Might be best at 9 weeks, but won't be ruined at 10 or 11 either. I've harvested the same plant, over years, probably over 25 times....5 different varieties actually. What I found, is chop time doesn't effect quality, nearly as much as the dry and cure.

You're getting close Jiggi! What thoughts have you had for drying and curing this awesome harvest? First time you say?
I've been checking out the groove bags for curing, thinking I might try both. Get a groove bag and a jar. See which one I prefer. Can't hurt. I've got 12 plants in various stages of flower.
I do believe critical 47 is like 19 weeks old all together. Her leaves are starting to just fall off at this point. No actual deficiency. Just age. Life happens, we enjoy it as we grow, then things start to wither and drop off. 😆
Thanks everyone for the education and support.
I've dried plants before, (rosemary and lavender) not quite for this reason, however I do know it's important to not over dry before the curing.
And to not under dry before the curing cuz that's a fast way to create molds and such.
....breath. 😇

You're going to have a lot of pot to process! That's awesome! I like to dry slowly when I can. Over 10 days maybe? sometimes it doesn't happen that way but that's the plan. I hang dry in a small room with both a humidifier and a dehumidifier to keep rh at 60 ish% in there. First the dehuey, then the huey after they get mostly dry. The middle of the fat buds take time. If the room stays at 60% I let them cure there too. Otherwise I cure in bags or jars. Groves sound great for curing and storage! You're a natural at this!

Back
Top Bottom