DeeCee’s Living Organics Garden: No Tillin’

As a fellow Canadian I recommend checking out Vesseys. They will send a good old fashioned catalogue for free full of variety!
I will! This is going to put me in the good books for at least a week. :adore:
:thanks:

EDIT: Just ordered the online catalog!
Double EDIT: This was funny :).
In an instant I just went from super pumped about finding seeds on Amazon to super dissapointed about finding seeds on Amazon!

Oh! I quoted your post, so just click on the your name in the quote with the up arrow next to it.
Oh, that's a cool feature. Didn't know about that one.
---------------
Well, it's been probably three years or so since I was researching that. I'll dig around and see if I can get you some references.

Dr Courtney has a bunch of lectures up on the Tube. Pretty boring delivery, but interesting stuff. He's also got a website that I think he posted some of his papers to.

Also, there was a lead doc (Chief of Surgery I think) from a San Francisco hospital that was doing similar studies. I'll see what I can find. There was also some stuff out of Israel. They were the leading research groups early on.

I will say, though, that the raw flower chopped up and steeped in olive oil is my main go to. I'm mainly looking for the anti-inflammatory effects rather than the high and it has delivered major improvements in my condition (similar to crohn's disease). Also helped with insomnia, restless leg, and a bunch of other minor annoyances.

That said, there isn't a lot out there using the raw plant. Seems like most people like the psychoactive effects. :cool:

Oh, that's a cool feature. Didn't know about that one.
---------------
Well, it's been probably three years or so since I was researching that. I'll dig around and see if I can get you some references.

Dr Courtney has a bunch of lectures up on the Tube. Pretty boring delivery, but interesting stuff. He's also got a website that I think he posted some of his papers to.

Also, there was a lead doc (Chief of Surgery I think) from a San Francisco hospital that was doing similar studies. I'll see what I can find. There was also some stuff out of Israel. They were the leading research groups early on.

I will say, though, that the raw flower chopped up and steeped in olive oil is my main go to. I'm mainly looking for the anti-inflammatory effects rather than the high and it has delivered major improvements in my condition (similar to crohn's disease). Also helped with insomnia, restless leg, and a bunch of other minor annoyances.
Thanks Azimuth! I'll take whatever you can find. And feel free to post them in my journal so we don't take up any more real estate in DC's.

I will! This is going to put me in the good books for at least a week. :adore:

EDIT: Just ordered the online catalog!
Double EDIT: This was funny :).
In an instant I just went from super pumped about finding seeds on Amazon to super dissapointed about finding seeds on Amazon!
You won’t be disappointed! The wife will be circling her fall garlic collection in no time!

Thanks Azimuth! I'll take whatever you can find. And feel free to post them in my journal so we don't take up any more real estate in DC's.

No worries here guys! My next grow will have a 30:1 CBD plant to make my own drops for daily consumption to help with sleep and hopefully stomach issues!

Ok, will do. Here's a little bit of the background I saw when I first started doing my research if anyone else on this thread wants a taste. It gives some of the story of how Dr William Courtney started down this path in the first place.

Medicinal benefits of raw cannabis

But I know I have copies of studies and interviews with a few different docs. But as I said, not a ton of research on the acidic forms (thc-a, cbd-a, etc.) yet.

You almost have to grow your own to provide the quantities of leaves he recommends using. I do the flower in olive oil. More bang for the buck I figure.

You won’t be disappointed! The wife will be circling her fall garlic collection in no time!

No worries here guys! My next grow will have a 30:1 CBD plant to make my own drops for daily consumption to help with sleep and hopefully stomach issues!
Thats my next grow as soon as they get delivered.

Queen CBD and Dr Seedsman.

The Queen CBD is supposed to be very high in Limonene.

Well here we are 4 weeks from transplant! These girls are blowing up. There is not a deficiency in sight, they are perfect!

Pineapple Express
E63B948F-C291-4A7F-88E6-618365E2CBF0.jpeg
A541E23C-BD4C-4577-885E-1482C9611165.jpeg

Blue Gelato
EBC004B7-95F3-4529-BA93-B0112A3E3658.jpeg

45F75E5F-53C3-4B9C-A7E3-5225CFCCE19B.jpeg

5B0FBEB3-BA80-460D-9F9C-5A7C6EF820A5.jpeg

03BF6EEC-91FD-472D-93EC-AB086C367072.jpeg

Northern Lights
3007F752-D4C5-4CE5-A6D9-FF85A0E5DAC4.jpeg

Incognito shot
35DD302C-339C-49DC-B1C6-ECF0D01D6E8F.jpeg

All in all I’m in cruise mode now, just plain watering 1gallon or so each for the 20gal girls which is right in the sweet spot between 5-10% of soil volume.

I’m going to hit them all with Neem tonight. I found a couple Japanese beetles getting it on right on Pineapple Express. Not cool. The nematodes and mites will be here next week to take care of any love children in the pots.

Happy Saturday 420!!

It's been a hot, humid and rainy week in the garden! Not much has been needed from me except to enjoy and pluck suckers off my tomato vines which is good because its been a busy week in every other aspect! I sold my rental property this week, southern Ontario's market is insane and we couldn't be happier with what we got!

Beneficial Insect Release
My army came in the mail with instructions for release. The nematodes need to be stored in the fridge immediately if not released right away.

B54DA8BA-77F5-4C11-830C-DAC34B3521BE.jpeg

E4843AE3-B50A-46C5-8CC6-2C09469B5ED1.jpeg

And an extra bag of predator mites came with it!
476AB158-33F1-492F-94FA-662FF8DD7368.jpeg

The process is pretty simple. The Canna Guard came with two applications of 5million nematodes. One will follow in 5wo weeks. Make sure you pre-water your soil so it is fully saturated. In smaller pots this would ensure the nematodes don't flow through the pot and out. In my big pots that is not a concern but I did water first just in case.

Inside the bag was a sponge that carried them. I put 1L of water in a watering can and wrung out the sponge into it 5-10 times. This was now my nematode solution. To that I mixed it at 1:1 with water in my sprayer and applied it everywhere in my garden. I started out spraying it on my mulch but then after some thought decided it best to pull the mulch back to make sure they got right into the soil.

The predator mites were even easier. They come on some vermiculite. Just carefully tap some out on the top of each pot. I had enough to release into all of my cannabis and vegetable gardens! Once the bags were empty I left them open on top of the beds just in case a few were still in there so they could wander out.

Pulling back the mulch yesterday the soil moved like it was alive, baby and adult worms wiggled and predator mites scrambled chasing gnats and other mini pests. I found some shiny new white feeder roots right on the surface already. The top dress applied a week or two ago will now be feeding the plants. The plant will now extend a network of feeders through this top dress to eat. This will setup all my future top feeds to be highly effective and quickly digested!
76AB7A27-4735-4D6D-8D66-D713381D2774.jpeg

Hi friends, been a busy week.

Sooooo these are getting huge and haven't even stretched yet! I'm not gonna lie they are growing beyond control!

2C3455DB-D3A5-47CD-B1E9-52A00395E203.jpeg
41C2AD78-C08F-4D21-AB2A-A17CDFCAA0C6.jpeg
896F3A91-0E08-48B2-A1A4-2A654805E09C.jpeg

Some big landscaping changes coming in the backyard gonna have to find a new home for them notice the new pool!!:ganjamon:

While the girls in the Coots 20gal are almost the same height as me and not a deficiency in sight, The northern lights is showing signs of faltering because of being in the 5gal pot and being...well pretty big herself. She's gonna be a challenge to keep watered and fed out here! I may need to uppot.
8641CBFB-3A2F-4009-A569-91344D54D2B0.jpeg

Even the potatoes are getting upset about being crammed into 5gals :( they may be split up and uppoted themselves theentire pot is just a solid root ball!
775119B0-C18A-4E8D-AF0F-022EFB6F7D18.jpeg

The other veggies are coming along great!
9A7D2E6A-48E6-40C8-B50C-337751CEBBBB.jpeg

6AFDE535-1271-46A7-AA47-223DCECEABC1.jpeg

Hi friends! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and starting to get back to normal!

Wow it’s been a busy month for me, new pool, landscaping going on and 3 kids in sports, the garden has been a little neglected unfortunately. Not a whole lot to report, they are showing lots of pistols but no sign of flowers yet!

Pineapple Express
7E2E8AE7-0D61-4914-BBC2-748F95D73C27.jpeg

Blue Gelato
CE389577-E899-462B-9DD2-BDE45FDD59D6.jpeg

Trainwreck
553DAFA3-5753-4CC6-AFE4-4BBCA18D58A5.jpeg

Northern Lights
CB90072A-8CEB-4BA8-B707-F9281E748BDC.jpeg

Northern lights got moved into a 15gallon fabric pot filled with peat Moss/compost/perlite and some recycled soil from my harvested potatoe plants. I mixed in some Gaia Green 4-4-4 and a 2-8-4 and she has been very happy since.

The living soil 20g plants unfortunately are starting to show some chinks in the no till recipe. I mentioned earlier I wasn’t prepared for them to grow this big. One of the keys to no till is having extra soil and nutrients than needed in the pot. I think I blew by that!

So no till experts I’m looking for some guidance! I’m thinking of grabbing a couple bags of worm castings to top dress over a couple cups of 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 because I’m not sure of the specific ingredients I need to address my issues in the organic world of amendments. @Nunyabiz @bobrown14

0110606E-2401-4BDA-B80E-C141E9A2B7AF.jpeg
4E41D0A0-EA26-4DB4-B940-9A1DA45BED53.jpeg

You can see from the above photos I am getting some lower leaf yellowing and the odd leaf dropping off. This plant specifically looks like a magnesium issue? Maybe an epsom salt foliar spray would help as well?
Any help would be appreciated!
766C2C90-2602-4885-98E2-EF4DE8451C15.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom