DeeCee’s Living Organics Garden: No Tillin’

I applied a heavy top dress of 70% 4-4-4 and 30% 2-8-4 as well as a few tablespoons of alphala meal and kelp meal topped off with a half inch of worm castings and a sprinkle of bokashi.

I washed this down with a couple waterings with some 5-1-1 Alaska fish fertilizer from the local grow shop for some immediate nitrogen for the plants until the top dress starts to break down.
So far it looks like I’ve at least slowed or stopped the yellowing and there is certainly no shortage of leaves for the plants to eat anyway, these plants are huge! They are definitely stretching and otherwise looking great! I’ll post some pics up this weekend.

I’m going to have to keep up on the top dressings and nutrition to keep these monsters going!

We have flowers! I figure it looks like they’ve been throwing pistils, and curling up for just under a week and are showing the rapid growth of the stretch for the last few days so I marked August 9th as the start of bloom.

D3783F96-3C48-4BDB-80A7-93E2E179AA8F.png

The application of the 5-1-1 fish fertilizer worked exactly as planned, stopping all yellowing just in time for the plants to start stretching and blooming!

Over the next couple week the top dress will start to become available, broken down by the worms and bugs and microbes. I will need to stay ahead of these beauties and have to top dress again in 3 weeks and then a final one 3 weeks later. Im going to continue using the Gaia Green nutrients as a base, transitioning into more 2-8-4 than 4-4-4.

Pineapple Express and Blue Gelato
9A24A61A-5252-43F7-9B98-26E48AFA1FAF.jpeg

The meticulous training I did has paid off - these are gorgeous bushes and should reward me with an insane number of thick top colas. I will do a good pruning after the stretch to open them up in order to reduce the risk of the WPM I know will be coming October.

Northern Lights
Has absolutely blown up since the transplant into the 15gallon. Not a deficiency or issue in sight
AFE38928-F989-4021-B82A-F90CD16A2C47.jpeg

The predator mites and nematodes have kept all pests in check in the soil and a rotation between Neem oil and insecticidal soap foliars have kept the leaves off limits. The Japanese beetles came heavy in July, I was cleaning 10-20 out of my pool filter daily and other gardeners in the area have been reporting the same issues this season but all the IPM measures made sure the plants were virtually unaffected by the wave!

We finally got away for some relaxation enjoy your weekend everyone!

Thanks guys and thanks for the heads up Shed, I think I’ll get away with one more Neem application this weekend before budlets pop then I’ll switch to insecticidal soap / sulphur.

Hi guys all is indeed well, the plants are doing great, it’s been an incredibly busy summer and with the most active troublemaking infant I’ve ever seen on our hands, starting a new vegetable garden and fully landscaping our house + finishing my basement I haven’t had time to journal!

I have taken some pics throughout though and will definitely do a big update when I can. I’ve learned a lot along the way and lots to share! I’m a couple weeks from harvest and it’s going to be a massive one!

I still love you 420

2862444F-4E56-4745-BED3-F922AA7F7C20.jpeg

Quick sneak update: buds are toppling over from their own weight! Fall colours are setting in! Unfortunately so is the dreaded bud rot! I am losing a couple buds a night with daily rain and cool nights. Trichs are telling me they are all ready to go at any time but with only 24hrs in a day and needing 5-6hrs sleep isn’t giving me enough time to harvest all these massive girls!

I am going to try to chop and trim all the top colas today and get them safely handing. Going to try to also grab some h202 today and give them a good soaking then water rinse with my sprayer. They are too big to wash in pails and it is too time consuming!

This weekend I will take whatever is left to my friends parents - she said they dropped 5k or so on a trimmer so it must be a good one! I will get some pics and update on that!

The tent is setup for drying at 60% RH, temp a little high at 68 but that’ll be fine. My only worry is bringing some PM into it after scrubbing it from my last grow that had it, but a good wash before harvesting and then a tent scrub after dry will hopefully do the trick!

913C8FCE-4A4E-4702-B32E-A10C00E87FFB.jpeg
5BAA8694-867F-4A99-B20C-CA35F2CBE8F5.jpeg
468E47AD-80F0-42B8-A938-39E0896D5AAB.jpeg
6B058AB4-8938-4910-AC5F-B46D1EF6EB07.jpeg

3B6F6C2A-D145-4CDF-8EC8-8A96AC1058F7.jpeg

5 grand worth of equipment! :eek:

Those flowers look great DC...all those folks looking down into your garden are surely jealous AF! Congratulations on getting this amazing grow to harvest.

:goodjob:

I'm sorry to hear about the rot setting in. I hope you can get most of the damp out of the buds quickly to keep it from spreading. And when everything is trimmed up, can we see what a 5k trimmer can do compared to what you did by hand?

Well friends a week straight of non stop rain and cool nights combined with incredibly big and dense colas led to unstoppable bud rot. I practically weeped as I cut a good ounce of bud rot off two nights in a row, I knew I couldn’t hang on any longer and scrambled a couple buddies with promises of free weed and beer and went after it on Wednesday night.

We did a good rough trim on them while still standing, I cut whole branches off as low as I could to ensure I had lots of stalk to slow the dry and hung them upside down on a clothes drying rack. I sprayed them down with a mild h202 solution in my sprayer then rinsed them off with plain water. Not quite bucket system bud washing but it was way faster and did the trick!

Each plant hung for a couple hours while we worked on the next one. Then I brought it down the hang in my tent and grow room with the dehumidifier set to 60RH using my ink bird humidity controller (great purchase).

I didn’t have a ton of time for pictures but here are some beauties:

Trainwreck
4C16DA0B-276A-46BB-B2D1-6A5E9C5C9AD6.jpeg

Pineapple Express
6765E6CA-D981-47E2-99A9-FCDDCCABDABE.jpeg

0C4C2FBF-77B5-4BF3-B403-3CDE00383339.jpeg

Blue Gelato
68C82342-41B8-4152-9793-D46AEEE0CA8B.jpeg
A9B05ED9-2D72-4DA5-808F-014C7842E02A.jpeg
D855BFA3-09E3-4208-88BD-5055E2AF79C2.jpeg

Post Wash
9E5E9805-20EA-437D-8627-F3519A549B16.jpeg

Drying
9B0FDF44-2847-4831-8A89-61D23BD89BCB.jpeg

1FBB8A17-D4E2-4F81-AD59-A68E082B646D.jpeg
E120DA5C-2C6F-41D5-A43C-0CA8F37EED7B.jpeg

After a few days of drying I havnt find a single other stitch of bud rot or mildew and they are drying real nice a slow in a 58-60% RH and 68-70F room with my infinity fan on low and only a small clip on fan pointed at the ground.

This is definitely going to weigh in good. I’m going to need more mason jars… any cured using 2gal pails with just normal lids?

I cannot believe the density and quality of these plants for outdoor it is outstanding, really. My friends grow a bit and we’re blown away. I am super excited to taste these strains grown in organic no till soil and even more excited for my next run in the same pots. I’m trying to find a soil tester in my area so I can get a sample and re-amend properly and also see how the soil made out after growing monsters!

Anyway happy thanksgiving all, I certainly have lots to be thankful for now!!

Back
Top Bottom