I just take off a few (1-2) fan leaves, each week, the ones that are shading grow tips. The extra light that the tips receive will turn to those tips to flower buds. Fan leaves are important to cool the plant and to feed the root growth IMO. Lower leaves have some mobile nutrients that the plant can use and will give you advance visual clues to the health of the plant.

I defoliate once im around 2-3 weeks into flower, the reason i do so is when the final stretch is around done i lollipop them so the plant puts most of its work into the top buds, just like shown in my pic, hope this helps you buddy.

Here ya go

Nebula's Flowering Defoliation Tutorial (Secret to Bigger Yields) | Grow Weed Easy

Everything you need and definitely WANT to know, dont skip any of it, read the whole thing and you will know exactly what to do and when to do it.

I'll also add on that all throughout flowering after the stretch and defoliation, i recommend tucking leafs that are blocking light reaching lower nodes/buds. If you cant tuck it cause it just keeps moving back into place, you can either tie it somewhere or just snip it off. This helps yield on account of many buds getting direct light, just dont go too crazy and end up removing all your fan leaf's cause you have to keep in mind at all times - in flowering you no longer grow anymore fan leafs so every one you snip is gone for good and the plant is not making anymore. You'll get the hang of it!

I think it’s all trial and error and each strain is different. I pluck fans all through their life, usually lower, older growth. I do a heavy defoil 5-6 days before flip and then once the stretch is done, Day 17-21 of flower usually. So 2 big defoils;)
5 days Before flip
After
The day of flip, they are to the left.
Just an example or two

Ok 3rd week of 6 weeks fort for this lady she needs a major defoliation I'm thinking she's a critical purple auto How would you handle her anyone also the description in the bud pic is wrong that's the critical purple I wanna defoliant it seams I can't edit the description in images

Back
Top Bottom